The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shit Christmas Gifts Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Shit Christmas Gifts Thread Empty
PostSubject: Shit Christmas Gifts Thread   Shit Christmas Gifts Thread EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Someone at work bought me a jelly bean set today, with a bag of jellys contained within a coffee cup type thing.

Another one did the generic 'world lagers' box, which contains a Carlsberg, a San Miguel, a Cobra and a Stella.

I didn't get anyone anything.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Shit Christmas Gifts Thread   Shit Christmas Gifts Thread EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:06 pm

I think you gave the better present.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Shit Christmas Gifts Thread   Shit Christmas Gifts Thread EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 8:20 pm

Yep, the disappointment etched on their little faces when they realised that I was actually serious when I said that I hadn't got them anything at all.

I've got my brother a T-Shirt with Chewbacca's face instead of Che Guevara...I'll try and find a picture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shit gift or waaaaat. tbf I also got him a coupla DVDs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shit Christmas Gifts Thread   Shit Christmas Gifts Thread EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 6:02 am

I always try to get my Mum something that will make her face light up when she opens it so I got her a fridge.

I bought my Mum a window cleaning kit once. It had a bottle of liquid, secret formula of course, a chamois leather and a squeegie thing that had an extending handle. I saw it on a TV ad like the JML one's and was so impressed I knew she would be over the moon to get such a gift.

To be fair though I was only 13 and it cost me all of my weekend job money. I also bought her an ironing board a few years later when it was only a new cover she needed, but didn't want for Xmas, and I also bought my sister an iron because I noticed that she was using one which had electrical tape on the cable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shit Christmas Gifts Thread   Shit Christmas Gifts Thread EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 8:18 am

It was secret santa in my office yesterday. I wrapped up a signed Argyle squad photo from 2002 for a colleague who has been a lifelong fan - she was overwhelmed. It wasn't a print, the signatures of the entire squad were all real and it was framed. I'd had it in my cupboard for years as, on the wall, it would look out of place so thought I'd make her day and also give it a good home.
I got a packet of stick on comedy moustaches.....

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Shit Christmas Gifts Thread   Shit Christmas Gifts Thread EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 10:04 am

hairy j wrote:
It was secret santa in my office yesterday. I wrapped up a signed Argyle squad photo from 2002 for a colleague who has been a lifelong fan - she was overwhelmed. It wasn't a print, the signatures of the entire squad were all real and it was framed. I'd had it in my cupboard for years as, on the wall, it would look out of place so thought I'd make her day and also give it a good home.
I got a packet of stick on comedy moustaches.....

Cheers.
My friend is in Afghanistan and we sent him a shoebox worth of fake beards and moustache's for the occasion. I'm not sure why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shit Christmas Gifts Thread   Shit Christmas Gifts Thread EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 10:38 am

Years ago my mother-in-law gave her daughter an ironing board for Xmas. She couldn't understand why her daughter was cross.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shit Christmas Gifts Thread   Shit Christmas Gifts Thread EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I always try to get my Mum something that will make her face light up when she opens it so I got her a fridge.

FFS, Jock. My spag bol is all over the place!!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Shit Christmas Gifts Thread   Shit Christmas Gifts Thread EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 4:27 pm

FCOL believe it or not I missed that.

I quite like the 'practical' gifts, mind. Fore instance y laundry bin smells. I'd love a new one. Spending x amount of my own hard-earned on a washing bin is the least exciting spending of my wage ever though, so rather than shit novelty gift I'd quite like something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shit Christmas Gifts Thread   Shit Christmas Gifts Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Shit Christmas Gifts Thread
Page 1 of 1