Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just back (Torquay)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Just back (Torquay) Empty
PostSubject: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:32 am

1 hour 30 minutes on the way there, and 2 hours to get home from Torquay, jesus I hate travel coaches.

There was once a time when we were better on the road, that time is gone. At home we are playing on the floor, away, we are absolute crap, but we are scraping results I guess. I thought Torquay were better than their position suggested, two excellent wingers and Marquis looked strong.

Luke kept us in it, world class.

Defence dodgy throughout, Trotman not great, Berry abysmal.

Midfield non existant for long periods, improved with Blizzard.

Reid and Alessandra worked hard but with no service.

How would I describe the performance? HOOF HOOF HOOF

Not the worst result but a pretty dire performance, our passing was a joke and our composure on the ball, just schoolboy.

Crowd good in the first half, dead in the second.

My MOTM was McCormick, although Blizzard V good when on.

Not great at all.

Luke - 9
Blanchard - 5
Nelson - 7
Trotman - 5
Berry - 2
Gurrieri - 5
Hourihane - 5
Young - 4
Obadeyi - 4
Reid - 7
Alessandra - 7

Lavery - 4
Blizzard - 9
Boco - not enough time to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 3:06 am

Blizzard clearly being prepped for Hourihane's inevitable suspension
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:49 am

Pitbull wrote:

Luke kept us in it,
Story of our season

Getting totally outplayed and battered for 90 minutes by 2nd from bottom. Don't care what anyone says -we're still the worst 'team' in this shit division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:03 am

Using the league table as a guide I would suggest we are 15th shittest team in this league, just being pedantic like.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:14 am

Whoopee! jocolor 

ps I see the Black Pasty broke down last night. Shame.Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:26 am

The weight of all the quiche broke the axle.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:27 am

World class ? Hahhahhaa
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:39 am

Outplayed by a club in the relegation places, with a maximum of 2,346 home supporters for a derby Rolling Eyes 

I'm really missing Gill's photos of the directors' box.Clearly she's been instructed to stop providing us with tackling fuel lol!  I know we have a few brave souls who still have the stomach to attend the odd match and a photograph of the directors' box would I'm sure be of some interest and amusement to the freaks n weirdos on here.

Apart from the usual suspects, who's next for the treatment ? Symons n son for good behaviour ? Sam, for his work on GOS and the Trust ? Cerbs n son for providing the taxis and being real friends ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:17 am

Freathy wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

Luke kept us in it,
Story of our season

Getting totally outplayed and battered for 90 minutes by 2nd from bottom.   Don't care what anyone says -we're still the worst 'team' in this shit division.

Are we fook! As for having a good keeper I didn't realise that classed as cheating. I wonder the reactions if we had a stand out centre forward who had scored 15 goals by now
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:37 am

With the reluctant, non investing one taking all he can and nool n the gang fronting up and waiting in the wings for the clusterfuck to seal our fate, the die is cast for a small thinking, low achieving, uninspiring PAFC for the next generation or two.

Argue about current league position if that's your bag. The bigger picture is bleak and will only interest the terminally addicted and the Aviva types.

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:54 am

ejh wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

Luke kept us in it,
Story of our season

Getting totally outplayed and battered for 90 minutes by 2nd from bottom.   Don't care what anyone says -we're still the worst 'team' in this shit division.
Are we fook! As for having a good keeper I didn't realise that classed as cheating. I wonder the reactions if we had a stand out centre forward who had scored 15 goals by now
Exactly. Besides, with respect to Freathy, if he'd seen the Dagenham/Northampton/Lincoln games and those are just the recent ones(and even Mansfield to a smaller extent although Luke was great that day) he'd know that the keeper has not kept us in every game. Even games like York where Luke kept us in it for most of the game we seemed fantastic after the goal. Teams can't get by on one keeper alone. Ever since the Exeter game where it seemed we really did hit rock bottom, we've been a good team. Let's hope it keeps up.

Count me amongst the terminally addicted btw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Torquay)   Just back (Torquay) Empty

Back to top Go down

Just back (Torquay)
Page 1 of 1