Chemical Ali
Flat_Track_Bully
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Playoffs be buggered, go for automatic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Not the greatest game ever. Very few chances at either end but both teams actually playing, or at least trying to play, proper football.

Someone I met in the pub after the game described their goal to me as "they say that 17 different things need to go wrong, in a specific order, before an aeroplane will fall out of the sky; well the Dagenham goal was a bit like that".

Cracking free kick by Young following a really good, positive run by Reid (MotM again) that drew a foul. The decision looked a bit iffy to me but I didn't have a great view.

A most welcome 3 points and we can now lustily celebrate our current mid-table mediocrity. As others have said a push for the play-offs is now not unthinkable and given the playing standard in this division D&R must feel the same.
It was 100% obstruction. When Reid got the ball in front of him yesterday he was like a bulldozer. I thought their number 7 was the best player I've seen in league 2 this year. That's why Hourihane had a bad day yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Obstruction gives an indirect free kick, doesn't it?, which would have meant that the FK going untouched into the net would have resulted in a goal kick and not a goal.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 3:45 pm

In that case the goal should have been dis-allowed as the keeper didn't touch it.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:16 pm

More on here then the FLS

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:25 pm

Two superbly taken goals for us there.

And we certainly benefitted from the ref's mistake in allowing the goal to be scored direct from a free kick for obstruction. We'll keep quiet about that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Two nice goals, the one we conceded looked like sunday league defending though.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:34 pm

You couldn't see the ref when the free kick was taken so it may not have been indirect. If it was his arm should have been raised. No raised arm means a direct free kick and a good goal. But we couldn't see him.

Another assist for Guerrieri on the first goal which was not totally unlike the one against Lincoln.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:36 pm

theatrical kick fresh air and land on your ass by blanchard...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
You couldn't see the ref when the free kick was taken so it may not have been indirect. If it was his arm should have been raised. No raised arm means a direct free kick and a good goal. But we couldn't see him.

Another assist for Guerrieri on the first goal which was not totally unlike the one against Lincoln.
I agree. But I was basing what I wrote on looking at the action. There really didn't seem to be any reason to give a direct free kick.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Quote :
Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
trips or attempts to trip an opponent
jumps at an opponent
charges an opponent
strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
pushes an opponent
tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:

holds an opponent
spits at an opponent
handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

A direct free kick is taken from the place where the offence occurred (see Law 13 - Position of free kick).
Quote :
Indirect free kick

An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:

controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing it from his possession
touches the ball again with his hands after he has released it from his possession and before it has touched another player
touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him by a team-mate
touches the ball with his hands after he has received it directly from a throw-in taken by a team-mate

An indirect free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if, in the opinion of the referee, a player:

plays in a dangerous manner
impedes the progress of an opponent
prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
commits any other offence, not previously mentioned in Law 12, for which play is stopped to caution or send off a player

The indirect free kick is taken from the place where the offence occurred (see Law 13 - Position of free kick).]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So it should have been an indirect free kick for "impedes the progress of an opponent"...

Oh well. You win some and you lose some.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:53 pm

I must admit that at the time, to the naked eye, I didn't think it was a free kick at all but once it was it didn't cross my mind that it was indirect.

I wonder where the ref was standing? It's very odd that he can't be seen in the film.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Said at the time it was obstruction. Did look at Ref and am pretty certain he gave a foul rather than obstruction, that is got it wrong, because he did not show it as indirect. Thought the Ref got a fair bit wrong yesterday not just that one.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:13 pm

So it was a direct free kick. Therefore a goal.

It just shouldn't have been a direct free kick to start with!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:16 pm

That about sums it up SFD. The Ref fecked up. Unfair, yep if you're Dagenham but I'll take it even if I'd prefer it to have been legal.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:43 pm

hairy j wrote:
Last six form table isn't bad.
Shirley you would enjoy this one more, except of course it would still hurt your pride to be kept off the top by Accy?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Last six form table isn't bad.
Shirley you would enjoy this one more, except of course it would still hurt your pride to be kept off the top by Accy?

Hello tis,  glad to see you've kept away from sharp knives and bottles of pills this weekend, just remember its only a game!jocolor
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:02 pm

There's no such thing as obstruction...'impeding' without contact is an indirect freekick, impeding with contact is a normal freekick (foul). ataf.

Soft freekick anyway, but a good strike and who gives a shit.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 11:59 am

Greenskin wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Mixed day - good 3 points, but we lost in the 3rd round of the UK matchplay at Elfordleigh.

Hey ho.
Last time i played at Elfordleigh was in the depths of winter and conditions were really slippery.Hit my drive off the first tee and walked down to the fairway after it.First step on the downhill bit,my foot went from under me, i went arse over tip and my trolley continued its way down the fairway for about 100 yards!lol! Absolutely caked in mud,must have looked as funny as feck but i only saw the amusing side a bit later.Hurdwick have not so much cut as lacerated me, Gary-down to 11 handicap now,about the same as yourself if i remember right.Sorry you lost today,always next year though and of course the real biggy against Hurdwick.Wink 
Always thought you were a bandit. Very Happy  I'm 11.2 at the mo, shouldn't change now, particularly as I'll be in Spain from Jan to April.

Not sure when the fixtures are next year, hopefully after April.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread   The Dagenham Dave  & Redbridge Rita Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dagenham Dave & Redbridge Rita Match Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3