HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Music/Sound Speaker

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Music/Sound Speaker Empty
PostSubject: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:58 pm

I want something to play some music nicely.

I have not very much money because eye r poor fore shore.

I could probably also do with a device to store music on to play on said music/sound speaker.

Tell me what to do.

Asap plz.

Otherwise Christmas will be shit.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:49 am

My boy bought a lovely pair of Keff Coda 2 speakers from eBay for the bargain price of £31. True I had to drive a hundred mile round trip to collect them but anyway, very cheap quality speakers. Obviously you need an amp to play them through I assume you already have that?
Only last night I had to fix a speaker to the wall of my sisters gaff for her, she has just bought a sonos bridge and speaker. The bridge fits into the back of the BT router via an Ethernet cable  then using wifi (not Bluetooth which is important) she can stream music from her I-phone, I-pod or laptop, you can also load all your CDs on iCloud (which is bollocks as it costs £20 to do so and pirat Is the way to go nowadays.) at £25 for the bridge and a little over £250 for the speaker it is pricey but it is also the future of music, you can add speakers all over the house if you have the money and operate them wirelessly from a handheld device like your phone. Although the speaker is only one box it sounds pretty good, quite bassy but I don't think it would hold a candle to the codas on a decent amp.
On a small budget I would check eBay and just run any possibles past someone who knows hi fi.
Happy hunting.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:01 am

Bose

I have this, wireless link to PC, fabulous sound, not cheap unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:03 am

Christ don't mention Bose, Hairy will go into meltdown.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:05 am

Whats your budget Mock? And how much noise do you want to make?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:52 am

A hairy meltdown, saw a video like that once.........
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 2:11 pm

seadog wrote:
A hairy meltdown, saw a video like that once.........
It's a great name for a film. The hairy meltdown.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:55 pm

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh feckin Bose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the budget?

I'm thinking you want an mp3 player. I'd also recommend active speakers to go with it. Active means you don't need an amp - we're keeping the budget low.

Cowon do some nice mp3 players - they're not well known but they're very good but they're not very cheap. I have a D2 mp4 playerand it's superb.
I'd look at ipod Nanos or ipod Touch second hand - around £50ish

Speakers - look at JBL speakers - good quality for a low end price.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Mrs ZYPH treated herself to a Bose Acoustic Wave Music System MK 2 plus the five position CD player when she came into a small legacy two years ago....worth a grand.

Incredible sound quality plus quality volume levels.... great radio as well.....which we could easily share with the whole cul-de-sac if required.

Not budget friendly but nice to treat ourselves to.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:55 pm

We can fill the whole hoose with sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Have a look at T amps. They're not massively powerful but they'll drive 30-50 watt speakers quite well and they're small and cheap. T stands for "Tripath". They generally have rca inputs but for an mp3 player, a 3.5mm jack to rca costs £1.
Look at Muse T Amps.
About £30ish.
You can run most bookshelf speakers with one of these.
£40 for a small pair of Wharfdale Diamond 9s

There's gumtree and ebay etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:42 am

Every town has a second hand place that sells used hi fi and speakers, wants dain tain and another one next to Shobrooks auction house in the car park behind Frankfurt gate has some great stuff, scored some b&os in there a couple of years ago for forty quid, made a owner profit on eBay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:43 am

That's one er.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music/Sound Speaker   Music/Sound Speaker Empty

Back to top Go down

Music/Sound Speaker
Page 1 of 1