Chemical Ali
green_genie
Elias
Dingle
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:37 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Ref community asset and who gets first say on who buys the ground. You may find this interesting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are others on the go, argyl13. (I can't be assed to go & look them up.) Let's hope our AFT is onto it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:44 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Angry wrote:
How can anyone dare to say that this wasnt a stage event with preapproved questions?

I dare say it......what total garbage.

It's people like you that give ATD a bad name.
Thanks i try my best lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Angry wrote:
How can anyone dare to say that this wasnt a stage event with preapproved questions?
I can.

I was there and no-one knew what I was going to ask (including a question about the budget which went unanswered).
there you go you just confirmed my point that it was staged and no real pressing questions where answered hence forth it was staged.
I'm a tad confused by that Mr.Angy!!scratch I'm not making an issue of it - but if you could just clarify, especially as GS has just said that no-one could know what he was going to say!.
no problem POI tring pretty much answered it for me to be honest. However, i said it was staged as it was i watched it and it was like the board knew what was about to be asked and had answers ready Sam said it wasnt then brought up a question that is important to the fans that the board wouldn't answered so it proved my point in someways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 9:04 pm

I'm sure anyone in their position would be aware to some extent of what questions might be asked. Whenever I was in a comparable position if I hadn't done my homework I would struggle. Preparation and knowing the issues is nothing more & nothing less than I would expect. That doesn't mean it was stage-managed or they were lying. It means they were doing their job.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 9:16 pm

But it was on a STAGE!

I'm very disappointed that James Brent didn't reply in latin. I'm also disappointed that people that went weren't disappointed. It's just so disappointing. Did Jimbo Banana (whatever he's called) do a funny impression of James Brent at the Fanfest?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 9:22 pm

You ought to be on a stage. There's one going in ten minutes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 9:29 pm

knecht wrote:
argyl3 wrote:
Ref community asset and who gets first say on who buys the ground. You may find this interesting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There are others on the go, argyl13. (I can't be assed to go & look them up.) Let's hope our AFT is onto it.
Yup, we're aware of the ACV campaign and have spoken to SD about it.

Tim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:04 pm

knecht wrote:
I'm sure anyone in their position would be aware to some extent of what questions might be asked. Whenever I was in a comparable position if I hadn't done my homework I would struggle. Preparation and knowing the issues is nothing more & nothing less than I would expect. That doesn't mean it was stage-managed or they were lying. It means they were doing their job.

I would assume they do their homework before hand and have an idea of what will be asked however its not the impression that a few indivduals gave when they stated it was a come along and ask whatever you want to the board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Angry wrote:
knecht wrote:

I would assume they do their homework before hand and have an idea of what will be asked however its not the impression that a few indivduals gave when they stated it was a come along and ask whatever you want to the board.
I didn't mean they were tipped off. Sorry to whoever is interested if I gave that impression. I meant that anyone in a pressured situation will be aware of what the contentious/important issues are and will have thought about it beforehand. I'm sure it actually would have been a "come along and ask whatever you want to the board".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:05 am

Watched it a second time and I don't think the questions were 'staged' as such but the whole 48 minutes was just a damp squib!! For me this is a culmination of 2 years of limping along with a figurehead that I have no trust for - I also still think there is a sting in the tail and this development may not even happen, it's a convoluted heap of shite so won't be crying if it collapses!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Peter Jones looked bored at times, like he'd rather be somewhere else!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Wish he would piss off !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Where's Jock? Think the head boy might be relating to him, Hahahahahah!!

Good point Sam.

Saying that, you asked without a list if you see what I mean.

Imagine it, 'Paul Skronky from Towcester asks ' Will it be a light green strip next season'' Bill Summers from Truro asks 'Will Argyle be having Pilgrim Pasties again next season' and 'Billy McHugh from Trowbridge asks 'How many seats will be in the shelf' etc etc. :greensmile:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:04 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Old Trafford?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Newell wrote:
The only question JB accepted was from an 'overseas' poster, who could not possibly attend.

I'm not sure whether that would be accepted if the person E mailed from Canning Town, Cardiff or Cheltenham.
Is he real? So I have a young family, I work hard all week and rarely see my children until the weekend. I have followed Argyle for 38 years home and away and now get to see approximately half a dozen games a season.....and now I'm not considered good enough to be able to ask a question via email. Prick.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 2:20 pm

After all that has been said was the real question that we want answered, answered?

When the parking is going to be charged will there be free buses?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:17 am

perhaps saint james could do a Q&A on here ?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:18 am

Pokesdown wrote:
Newell wrote:
The only question JB accepted was from an 'overseas' poster, who could not possibly attend.

I'm not sure whether that would be accepted if the person E mailed from Canning Town, Cardiff or Cheltenham.
Is he real? So I have a young family, I work hard all week and rarely see my children until the weekend. I have followed Argyle for 38 years home and away and now get to see approximately half a dozen games a season.....and now I'm not considered good enough to be able to ask a question via email. Prick.

youre not a prappaaaarrrrr fan lol! 

havent been to a game yet this season myself
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:28 am

Elias wrote:
We did have him once at the Cherry Tree, meet Pete, Peggy and a few more of us weirdo's. Did not take to him then and still do not.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 11:32 am

Tgwu wrote:
Elias wrote:
We did have him once at the Cherry Tree, meet Pete, Peggy and a few more of us weirdo's. Did not take to him then and still do not.

Ahhhh but you didn't look him in the eyes and he'd already identified his janner brown shirted controllers and told them they could play with his train set if they kept the oiks in line.

Such irony !
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Elias wrote:
Great! Can someone provide a link to a transcript of that meeting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Elias wrote:
Great!  Can someone provide a link to a transcript of that meeting?
The Cabal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:02 pm

I know many don't like this langauge but the only thing I call those in the rat's net is - Cnuts!! F'kin Sellouts!!
Back to top Go down
TheDuke

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Is it possible JB may decide not to build the stand but persuade the council that the rest of the development should go ahead?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:28 am

nail. head. on. the. hit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The brent appreciation society meeting!   The brent appreciation society meeting! - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The brent appreciation society meeting!
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next