Tringreen
Sir Francis Drake
seadog
mannameadbabe
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Brent Glory Years! Empty
PostSubject: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Any idea when they're likely to start?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:57 pm

when he leaves and takes nool and the gang with him. It will be a celebration when that happens for the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:03 pm

Angry wrote:
when he leaves and takes nool and the gang with him. It will be a celebration when that happens for the club.
That will be some joyus occasion, when the specmare does one.sunny sunny sunny sunny cheers jocolor flower albino albino albino pig
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Happy days when he does - and maybe to celebrate we could get FV to sing an upbeat song instead of the usual dirges - something inspirational that will truly depict our escape from a 'reluctant bidder' who only wanted to rape and plunder what belongs to us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:19 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:
Happy days when he does - and maybe to celebrate we could get FV to sing an upbeat song instead of the usual dirges - something inspirational that will truly depict our escape from a 'reluctant bidder' who only wanted to rape and plunder what belongs to us.
I will try and write a song for jimmy on the glorious day of his departure, now what rhymes with banker?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Chancre
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 1:26 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Any idea when they're likely to start?
No but they will eventually. It is pretty much inevitable unless a strategy is adopted which is either grossly incompetent or designed to actually prevent it from happening both of which I feel are very unlikely.

No matter how you cut it Argyle is a massive club in this division and by hook or by crook we'll win a few games at some stage, momentum will build and our current position on the progress graph will be seen as a turning point.

Unless of course we get relegated in which case we're currently at something like a point of inflection but even if that happens we'll be an even more mahoosive club in the Conference and than we are in this division. Sink low enough, stay in business and we'll start to win again. Nothing is more certain because all clubs do.

Obviously those inclined to will heap praise on Brent when it happens but I have a feeling that the return of the good times will be despite Brent not because of him just like there was little credit due to McCauley when Sturrock got us on the up again and, sadly, the limitations he has imposed on us will hit home far sooner and far harder than any of us would want.

So in summary I expect the good times to roll again one day but when they do they won't last for long because Brent's dream of self-sufficiency coupled with an inadequate ground capacity and revenue streams going elsewhere when they could be coming to the club will see us completely unable to compete financially at CCC level just like last time, if we ever do get that far.

Whichever way it goes I don't expect us to stay in this division forever.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 4:35 am

A few of us having been stating those bleeding obvious truths for years, when the majority told us to shut up and enjoy the ride Rolling Eyes 

Plymouth, the last of the city clubs never to have fulfilled its potential. Every time the club has got close, owners have been outclassed and got greedy. The club has never been marketed properly. The last occasion was when we averaged over 16k on our return to the 2nd tier with Stapleton. A better average than many comparable city clubs that have since kicked on to the PL and cemented their respective fanbases, as Norwich and Southampton did long ago.

We couldn't even do admin properly, being stitched up by a combination of dark forces and resulting in the reluctant one being assisted by the council and the superfan wannabes, in permanently limiting any future potential. They don't care, as they get to play with the train set and being a big fish in a small pond is where it's at for them.

Let's face it, the future is mighty bleak and none but the terminally tinted will actively support the village fanfest the club has become.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 7:20 am

these are the 'glory' days
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:17 am

Tringreen wrote:
A few of us having been stating those bleeding obvious truths for years, when the majority told us to shut up and enjoy the ride Rolling Eyes 

Plymouth, the last of the city clubs never to have fulfilled its potential. Every time the club has got close, owners have been outclassed and got greedy. The club has never been marketed properly. The last occasion was when we averaged over 16k on our return to the 2nd tier with Stapleton. A better average than many comparable city clubs that have since kicked on to the PL and cemented their respective fanbases, as Norwich and Southampton did long ago.

We couldn't even do admin properly, being stitched up by a combination of dark forces and resulting in the reluctant one being assisted by the council and the superfan wannabes, in permanently limiting any future potential. They don't care, as they get to play with the train set and being a big fish in a small pond is where it's at for them.

Let's face it, the future is mighty bleak and none but the terminally tinted will actively support the village fanfest the club has become.

All so true even poetic, all so sad - all too late. the Brent stranglehold is almost now totally complete, like an octopus engulfing it's prey.
affraid 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:32 am

In relative comparison to what could have been, some would argue that these are the glory years. We've got a game to go to today - that might not have happened if James Brent hadn't rescued us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:41 am

All hail James the saviour!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:09 am

hairy j wrote:
In relative comparison to what could have been, some would argue that these are the glory years. We've got a game to go to today - that might not have happened if James Brent hadn't rescued us.
Wink

I'll put the winky smiley on for you as you clearly forgot
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:11 am

It's either in the genes, or maybe the water.Rolling Eyes

Argyle fans being f*cked over by speccy, tenpole and the windsor boys................................. and still the jury is out ? lol!

Last edited by Tringreen on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:15 am

It could have been this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It could have been this too...

I'm in this picture! Grey top, standing up in the middle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:23 am

It's only been two years Tring, give the man a chance. Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:25 am

It's all a bit mediocre really. I can't even be bothered to troll you lot half the time.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:34 am

Geddon janner. Be grateful. Ain't you got a game to be going to ? Green Dad's Arrrrrrmeeeeeee !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:40 am

Jimmy jimmy give us a wave!albino albino albino geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 12:35 pm

hairy j wrote:
It could have been this

Instead it is this

Shaddap and blindly follow, look how far weve came, and EEEE Saved us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 12:50 pm

The troll will only be there if daddy buys his season ticket, his halftime sweeties his mug and his sticker albino albino albino geek
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 1:03 pm

hairy j wrote:
It could have been this

God you're fecking ugly Hairy! Very Happy 

Sensible are you sure he's yours and there wasn't a mix up at the hospital? affraid 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 1:57 pm

hairy j wrote:
It could have been this

I was there as well singing "Stand up if you look a cnut"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Greenjock wrote:
hairy j wrote:
It could have been this

I was there as well singing "Stand up if you look a cnut"

And "Who's the wanker in the grey"
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brent Glory Years!   The Brent Glory Years! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Brent Glory Years!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next