Moist_Von_Lipwig
Dane
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

Radio Devon commentary Empty
PostSubject: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Why does Chris Webb get invited to be co commentator on radio Devon. Just when you think they wouldn't be able to find anyone who knows less about the game than sparksey, they roll out Webb. Clueless.  

Hardboard and cardboard.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Why not put your name down? You have a pretty good footballing CV!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:25 am

Have commented on the match thread, but I do like commenatators to have local accents.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:43 am

Switch on then switch off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:42 am

It would help if Webb didn't have such a feckin speech impediment! It's like having the snooker commentator with a st st st st stutter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:56 am

I turned on, heard webb, switched off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:04 pm

I play it safe and listen to the away teams comms for every game. You a much clearly and frankly better coverage of the game and its not full of pointless crap and pasoti mentions.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 5:31 pm

That prat from the herald wasn't half as bad as Reichsmarschall webb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:32 pm

ghat savage bloke is far better than Goebbels and the Reichsmarschall webb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:22 pm

feckin pathetic thread people. If I told you Chris Webb wears underpants, would you boycott them? I was going to say he breathes oxygen but that would be mean wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:27 pm

You been in his pants have you ?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Dane. wrote:
You been in his pants have you ?
you offering to take a gander dane
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:37 pm

hairy j wrote:
feckin pathetic thread people. If I told you Chris Webb wears underpants, would you boycott them? I was going to say he breathes oxygen but that would be mean wouldn't it?
your a bit too sympathetic to Webb ain't you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
hairy j wrote:
your a bit too sympathetic to Webb ain't you
he is trolling because he likes to be different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 am

I'm not but not everything he does is terrible; people aren't one dimensional caricatures and there's probably a lot that you have in common with him, values you probably share and beliefs that you hold that will be the same. Play the ball, not the man.
If I was trolling, I'd suggest going to the game like proper fans would and then you'd not have to listen to President Webb but I'm not so I didn't.

Radio Devon commentary Lens11499871_1276271152karl_alright
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:47 am

hairy j wrote:
I'm not but not everything he does is terrible.....
Agreed!
there is nothing to do defend him for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Are you drunk Hugh? I've read that a few times and haven't got the foggiest clue what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:31 pm

hairy j wrote:
Are you drunk Hugh? I've read that a few times and haven't got the foggiest clue what you mean.
can't defend the guilty no matter how you try
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:43 pm

[quote="hairy j"]I'm not but not everything he does is terrible

Radio Devon commentary Tumblr_lsgi2ribsQ1r3pcbso1_400
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:44 pm

hairy j wrote:
I'm not but not everything he does is terrible; people aren't one dimensional caricatures
True enough, but when it comes to alleged public figures we can only go by what we know, can't we. I mean, I'm sure even David Cameron does the occasional nice thing, but that doesn't stop me thinking of him as an evil bastard.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Seeing him speaking to ITV tonight at the teachers meeting will not do their cause any good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:02 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Seeing him speaking to ITV tonight at the teachers meeting will not do their cause any good.
what the feck has a teachers strike got to do with that media whore?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:23 pm

Peggy wrote:
hairy j wrote:
I'm not but not everything he does is terrible; people aren't one dimensional caricatures
True enough, but when it comes to alleged public figures we can only go by what we know, can't we. I mean, I'm sure even David Cameron does the occasional nice thing, but that doesn't stop me thinking of him as an evil bastard.
What is an "alleged public figure"?

The OP is about Webb on the radio as a co-commentator. I prefer him to Chris Errington actually. He isn't that bad.

I forgot though, you need pitchfork in hand whenever you speaketh the beast's name aloud thrice. I speak as I find and he's been ok when I've spoken to him. He let himself down with the deepthroat stuff and I'm not overly enamoured with his closeness (or perceived closeness) to James Brent but he's not even in the same league as public enemy number one on here Mr Ian Newell. He's tarred by association.

This thread was started so Dane could use his "hardboard and cardboard" phrase anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:26 pm

azzer you such a mug !!!!

Webb is useless on the radio knows jack shit about football, all he does is grunt the words '' go on '' ,

and sparksy is just as bad that's why I started the thread

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:41 pm

What does "knows nothing about football" mean?

Is Gary Neville at the top of the "knows about football" league and Andy Townshend at the bottom with Alan Shearer mid-table just above Ray Wilkins? He's ok. I think local radio try to get people who support the side they're commentating on to present coverage. The Exeter guy is pretty poor and the Torquay bloke whoops a lot. Who would you prefer to be on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio Devon commentary   Radio Devon commentary Empty

Back to top Go down

Radio Devon commentary
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next