The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where's the money going?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Where's the money going? Empty
PostSubject: Where's the money going?   Where's the money going? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 3:26 pm

We all know there's debt but it doesn't appear to be decreasing, just being replaced with new debt.

We're continually told Brent is loaning the club money to survive.  If the overall debt isn't decreasing then wtf is eating our money?

Our rent is reasonable compared to say Oxford for example.

Our attendances are easily top six.

Sponsorship from Nikk appears sound, financially.

GT's have also loaned money.

We can't find or afford a regular goalscorer but Exeter can?

Where the feck is the money going Brent?

Just as a pure guess, I suspect the recent planning meeting in August cost the the club £25k during the interval.  How much more could be lost in such payments?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Where's the money going?   Where's the money going? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 5:51 pm

The 25k is irrelevant since it was paid by Akkeron not Argyle (actually I'm assuming that - it could not have been paid by Argyle, could it?).

As for the rest of it they are good questions. Very good questions.

Average attendance of 6500 for 23 games where each pays 12.50 (allowing for concessions) gives us nearly £2m income in gate money alone.

Add to that other income from cup competitions, TV, merchandise, FL solidarity payments, programmes, sponsorship and corporate entertaining. Say another £1m in total (that is a complete guess).

So income must be something like £3m per annum. Where is it all going? Exactly how "competitive" is that playing budget?

And another thought is that all those people paying on the day, buying pasties and merchandise etc and handing over actual hard cash money must be a welcome contributor to cashflow, which is always an issue for businesses (so I am told by people who appear to know these things) for Akkeron. So Akkeron is actually getting something out of its ownership of Argyle (not forgetting the £1.6m the council paid for (what turned out to be only some of) the land).

And what exactly is the plan that will cover the balloon payment of about £2m due at the end of the 5 year schedule for paying the admin wage debt?

I'm sure PASB is straining at the leash to tell the answers to these questions and I look forward to reading them very soon.

Without knowing these answers it is impossible to assess whether it is Sheridan or Brent who should be copping the flack for how piss poor the team is. If Brent is allowing Sheridan a genuinely "competitive" budget then Sheridan's position is beginning to look untenable and if he isn't then Brent's is (and that is on purely football criteria: entertainment; goals; points; league position) and not his lip quivering, visionless, crackpot, half-baked, greedy, restrictive property venturing.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Where's the money going?   Where's the money going? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 6:27 pm

I'll accept being very cynical towards the £25k hence only being a "pure guess".

As much as I disliked the latter part of the Stapleton years, their yearly accounts were far more open than the singular 'transparent' abreviated garbage Brent has delivered.

Who actually paid Brent's fees pre-takeover?

Who paid all associated fees regarding the sale of HP to the council?

Who paid for the time spent in the Theatre Royal delivering a one-sided pointless exercise selling HHP developments?

Money from PAFC is leaking somewhere, I've no idea where though.  All I can say is income doesn't equal league position.

I try not to care, I really wish I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Where's the money going?   Where's the money going? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:34 pm

What are chadwick and wottons wages ? none of our business but I dare bet that's 7k (350k a season) possibly accounted for per week.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Where's the money going?   Where's the money going? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:35 pm

what salaries do the directors take ?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Where's the money going?   Where's the money going? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:36 pm

still paying fletcher ? that's another 5k (250k this season) a week surely...........

600k accounted for from the 3 ive mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Where's the money going?   Where's the money going? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Elias wrote:
what salaries do the directors take ?
I wonder if Iddesleigh_Green (sp) would be so transparent to inform us?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Where's the money going?   Where's the money going? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Elias wrote:
still paying fletcher ? that's another 5k (250k this season)  a week surely...........

600k accounted for from the 3 ive mentioned.
We were leaking money way before Fletcher's sacking.

Including all loans from Brent, GTs et al, we're standing still circa 85-90th in the football league. We're fulfilling requirements but standing still. The overall debt is standing still. We're not progressing in any way shape or form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where's the money going?   Where's the money going? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where's the money going?
Page 1 of 1