Lord Tisdale
VillageGreen
gasser9
Dougie
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Attendences - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:40 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
And finally, shitty fans are still trying to get to grips with these 'ere new fancy seats the club have insisted on having as they'm going all posh like.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nice try 'Rab' but when it comes to toothless Hill Billies, tramp winos and legless slappers the fair City of Exeter could not hope to hold a candle to Muff, and the thing is, I'm sure you know it.
Oh you're so worried about Saturday Tis lol! "What if we lose to them when they're so shit" lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:52 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
I went on Saturday and the attendance figure givern is wrong because the guy on the turnstile was not scanning tickets.  So how can argyle give a correct number.The figure argyle give out is the number of tickets sold not the number of people that attend.
They don't give a correct number for attendances. I think what they do for league matches is take the total number of memberships/STs (regardless of whether they actually attend the game) and then add on the POTD numbers. From an accounting point of view it makes sense in terms of it representing the number of people who have paid towards the game (as an ST holder you've paid for each game regardless of whether you turn up). However it doesn't reflect how many people actually turn up. Obviously if ST holders are staying away it'll never show on the numbers, however the lost opportunity in terms of additional sales (programmes, food etc) will be hitting them in the pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:58 pm

If that is the case FTB, then what about safety in the ground. If anything happened and the emergency services went in, the last thing you need from their point of view is figures saying there are 6000+ people there and there only being 5500.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:00 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Yeah,I can see crowds dropping off should Argyle lose at chums and then at home to Pompey.

Will it turn Brent's head,probably not.

It's good to see that Brent's got the grandstand size about right then....maybe a teeny weeny bit too big still.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Fail to inspire. Prepare to fail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:06 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
If that is the case FTB, then what about safety in the ground. If anything happened and the emergency services went in, the last thing you need from their point of view is figures saying there are 6000+ people there and there only being 5500.

Just have to count the cinders as well then mouldy.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:26 pm

I think in a ham fisted way what i was trying to say was that Brent must still be bunging in a fair wedge to keep the club afloat and we are a long way off a self sufficient pay our own way nirvana.

I agree crowds are genrally staggering given what we have been through and continue to witness on the pitch. But generally in football isnt season ticket more or less spent already thus relying on match day income going forward for the rest of the season.

We had a 'move along nothing to see here' response to the interim (?) part full year (?) accounts. But shouldn't we/PASB/The Trust be watching our fiscal position like a hawk given past deficiencies in accounting by Argyle boards.

I'd love to know how the leasing of cinema/retail units/car park are going Brent's whole house of cards in based on those being filled (and i think Stuart C over the way mentioned that the next round of government money for any school type building won't be happening till next year).

I just think we are possibly sailing very close to the wind debt wise especially if you factor in monies due to GTs and fomer players which have to be paid at some time

Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:47 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Is there any safety requirement to count the exact number of people in the ground? I don't really see the issue. If there was an emergency (i.e. a fire) they wouldn't count each person individually as they went out, so there wouldn't be much use in knowing exactly how many went in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:50 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Is there any safety requirement to count the exact number of people in the ground? I don't really see the issue. If there was an emergency (i.e. a fire) they wouldn't count each person individually as they went out, so there wouldn't be much use in knowing exactly how many went in.
Of course there isn't. It would be an impossible task.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Dougie wrote:
I think in a ham fisted way what i was trying to say was that Brent must still be bunging in a fair wedge to keep the club afloat and we are a long way off a self sufficient pay our own way nirvana.  

I just think we are possibly sailing very close to the wind debt wise especially if you factor in monies due to GTs and fomer players which have to be paid at some time

Brent will not have put a penny "into the club", people like him get rich by using other people's money and a football club is an excellent vehicle for doing just that. Debts will not be being paid off, they will simply be being rescheduled and will not be an issue until either Usury Brent or Usury Nikk get them written down in exchange for another ten point penalty, at which point you will have a nice ground that PCC can do booger all with other than rent it to you and whatever fan base you have retained. As long as you can see past ther stuck in an addled mindset, wishing for a past you never had, pie in the sky "we should be in the Premiership" boys your actual position isn't all that bad.

Now if you only had a team worth supporting.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
I went on Saturday and the attendance figure givern is wrong because the guy on the turnstile was not scanning tickets.  So how can argyle give a correct number.The figure argyle give out is the number of tickets sold not the number of people that attend.
They don't give a correct number for attendances.  I think what they do for league matches is take the total number of memberships/STs (regardless of whether they actually attend the game) and then add on the POTD numbers. From an accounting point of view it makes sense in terms of it representing the number of people who have paid towards the game (as an ST holder you've paid for each game regardless of whether you turn up). However it doesn't reflect how many people actually turn up. Obviously if ST holders are staying away it'll never show on the numbers, however the lost opportunity in terms of additional sales (programmes, food etc) will be hitting them in the pocket.
Yeah I'm sure that is what most if not all clubs do when arriving at an attendance figure. Arsenals attendances for league matches will always be in the 59,000+ bracket - even when you can see there are a few thousand empty seats scattered around the ground when they played teams like Hull Wigan etc.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Graham Clarke expresses the point more eloquently than I not that it doesn't carry the same worry. And the fact remains some questions need asking and answering lest we sleep walk into trouble again (or go willingly blinded by Brent's magnificence in the case of some)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Of course there isn't. It would be an impossible task.
I was only thinking that on certain things like public attractions that they need to know how many people there are for safety reasons.

On the other hand Argyle couldn't be described as an attraction these days! Shocked Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
And finally, shitty fans are still trying to get to grips with these 'ere new fancy seats the club have insisted on having as they'm going all posh like.

Nice try 'Rab' but when it comes to toothless Hill Billies, tramp winos and legless slappers the fair City of Exeter could not hope to hold a candle to Muff, and the thing is, I'm sure you know it.
Oh you're so worried about Saturday Tis lol! "What if we lose to them when they're so shit" lol! lol! lol! 
This is it, GJ. As far as Saturday's concerned, I think we're in a win-win situation, if only for bragging rights. If we win, well, 3 points, happy days. If we lose, we know those scabby East Db'n rednecks will be absolutely besides them self with rage at losing to such a shit team as PAFC. I await Saturday with great anticipation. The extra popcorn supplies are coming tomorrow, along with double the weeks alcohol supply. I'm going to have great W/E.

Ah yes, Sturtz, Tis and all the Reds on here - come and say hello to me on Saturday. I'll be standing in the Big Wank with a few mates.Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Ah but Exeter is home of the great cathedral and everyone knows what goes on in them Wink 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Dougie wrote:
Graham Clarke expresses the point more eloquently than I not that it doesn't carry the same worry.  And the fact remains some questions need asking and answering lest we sleep walk into trouble again (or go willingly blinded by Brent's magnificence in the case of some)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
After a quick look I noticed the last post from ol porkus just goes to show that he is a master at storming rooms when uninvited
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:31 pm

It's good of porky to remind people how he stormed the boardroom in case they've not heard him go on about it recently. I believe this came after several years of unwavering support for the board which he's rather less eager to broadcast.

He was with Zee Zan as well so in all probability they were only looking for sausage rolls and vol au vonts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:35 pm

lol I was thinking more so about the FOCP meeting
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Greenjock wrote:
It's good of porky to remind people how he stormed the boardroom in case they've not heard him go on about it recently. I believe this came after several years of unwavering support for the board which he's rather less eager to broadcast.

He was with Zee Zan as well so in all probability they were only looking for sausage rolls and vol au vonts.
lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 pm

And at least two of those named as disgusted him were welcomed back at Home Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Ah but that was with Webbys blessing. Tony Wrathall has been a guest and wined n dined on more than one occasion and nobody's telling me porky hasn't bumped into him and shook trotters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attendences   Attendences - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Attendences
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: