+4
Han Solos Other Ship
VillageGreen
Flat_Track_Bully
Greenskin
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Very basic problems Empty
PostSubject: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Sheridan said he'd make changes, nobody thought they'd be in defence though, we needed outfield changes.

We have no wingers, Alessandra is pretty darn useless, unable to cross or beat a man, Sheridan said he'd make a spark and excite the fans, I've seen nothing. Boco could have something in a CAM position, but on the wing he's just invisible.

We have absolutely no creativity in central midfield, Bencheriff is a fairly average player, while you can never rely on Hourihane because he's either absolutely superb or absolutely abysmal.

As far as our strikers go, Reids body language and arrogance do him no favours. I've never once seen RR clap the fans, he doesn't celebrate goals which is very odd and suggests a lack of natural passion, he was back to blaming players around him and his finishing was not just bad it was inept. Not a great all round package and easy to see why people don't take to him unfortunately. While Marvin Morgan is a real hard worker, but he just never seems to be able to make himself look like scoring.

Sheridan is sticking to a team which clearly isn't working, there is 0 fight or passion, the players he has signed have not replaced the better players we had at the tail end of last season, Sheridan spends his time slouched in his dugout, the players simply don't seem to respond to him, who knows, maybe he's lost the dressing room, as he's always on about 'mental toughness' and 'team spirit', both seem to be non existent

What pee's me off more than anything is simple, we cannot actually pass the ball from player to player, passes are either to short, to long, or the player is standing offside.

We have played 9 games this season, we have performed well in probably 1, maybe 2 of those games. What worries me is not the points this early, its the performances, and I actually think they were slightly better under Fletcher which I never thought I'd say. We are just looking absolutely dreadful, so much for Sheridan's 'promotion' target.

Things really aren't looking good, from the boardroom to the dugout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Without investment nothing will change no matter who is manager. We are going to be in this position year after year until someone with a brain on the board spots this... while they are having a nandos naturally as thats more important to have at home park than a football club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Organic growth. Anything above 21st place is a massive achievement and would show that the tide is turning and we're on the up!

Geddit built bhey, they come flocking in then they will.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Sheridan said he'd make changes, nobody thought they'd be in defence though, we needed outfield changes.

We have no wingers, Alessandra is pretty darn useless, unable to cross or beat a man, Sheridan said he'd make a spark and excite the fans, I've seen nothing. Boco could have something in a CAM position, but on the wing he's just invisible.

We have absolutely no creativity in central midfield, Bencheriff is a fairly average player, while you can never rely on Hourihane because he's either absolutely superb or absolutely abysmal.

As far as our strikers go, Reids body language and arrogance do him no favours. I've never once seen RR clap the fans, he doesn't celebrate goals which is very odd and suggests a lack of natural passion, he was back to blaming players around him and his finishing was not just bad it was inept. Not a great all round package and easy to see why people don't take to him unfortunately. While Marvin Morgan is a real hard worker, but he just never seems to be able to make himself look like scoring.

Sheridan is sticking to a team which clearly isn't working, there is 0 fight or passion, the players he has signed have not replaced the better players we had at the tail end of last season, Sheridan spends his time slouched in his dugout, the players simply don't seem to respond to him, who knows, maybe he's lost the dressing room, as he's always on about 'mental toughness' and 'team spirit', both seem to be non existent

What pee's me off more than anything is simple, we cannot actually pass the ball from player to player, passes are either to short, to long, or the player is standing offside.

We have played 9 games this season, we have performed well in probably 1, maybe 2 of those games. What worries me is not the points this early, its the performances, and I actually think they were slightly better under Fletcher which I never thought I'd say. We are just looking absolutely dreadful, so much for Sheridan's 'promotion' target.

Things really aren't looking good, from the boardroom to the dugout.
The big question emerging from that synopsis is;

Sheridan-Labour or Conservative?
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:20 pm

The league table suggests we are (slightly) better than under Fletcher. Sheridan has bought new faces in, but at the moment he hasn't been able to organise them in a way that can produce good performances. He keeps promising to make some changes, yet we seem to end up with pretty much the same team every match.

He seems short of wingers. He gave Vassell, who is supposed to be a winger, a new contract. Why not bring him in? Gurreri or Blackman could be played on the wing but they are left of the subs bench. Sheridan needs to back up his words and actually make changes to the front 6 (rather than constantly tinkering with a defence that seems to be doing OK).

I'm not in the 'Sheridan out' camp. Too much knee-jerking after 9 league matches. Lets give him a full season to see if he can sort it out (unless we start looking like relegation material).

Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:29 pm

Gurreri should be in the team from the start next weekend,as should Harvey.

The latter has been scoring in the reserves just of late,so why not give the lad a full 90 minutes pay. No harm in trying that option,see how it goes and take it from there.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:30 pm

That should be "give the lad a full 90 minutes play"....
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Agree. Gurreri was the only player who looked like he actually wanted the ball and tried to do something when he had it. Madness that he doesn't start
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:12 pm

If it were any other club struggling for goals Harvey would get a chance, as well as Alessandra through the middle instead of on the wing.

Reid and Morgan have been paired together in every league game I believe and it's yielded exactly the same as Chadwick and Feeney used to.

Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Last season the likes of Banton, Cox and Bryan came to our rescue. I wonder when this seasons saviours will arrive?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:55 pm

It's quite surprising that anyone can struggle in this league, from what I have seen so far the standard is about as low as it has ever been.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:00 am

yet your club very rarely reach any heights above it ?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 am

Dane. wrote:
yet your club very rarely reach any heights above it ?
You are the site joke aren't you? My tiny little club has been pithing all over your sleeping giant for four long years now, do you not realise how stupid you knobjockeys look every time you try and justify your own utter crapness by drawing comparisons with us?

That is all your mate Porky used to do, he also had no idea what a tw@ it made him look, we are a tiny little club with little or no aspirations, we know it, you Janner thickos still think you are something better, maybe one day if someone opens a remedial school locally the brighter ones among you might work out that you are just the same as us, except shitter.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:01 am

4 years ???? Careful you will give yourself a nose bleed soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:19 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
maybe one day if someone opens a remedial school locally the brighter ones among you might work out that you are just the same as us, except shitter.
Funny you should say that Tis....we have a plan...and we'll have great teeth Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Pokesdown wrote:

Funny you should say that Tis....we have a plan...and we'll have great teeth Very Happy 
Any teeth at all would be a result for most of you fooking Hill Billies...................."Janners, Janners........."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Where is this 4 years coming from?
From what I recall this will be only our 3rd year in this division, so therefore only 2 years when discussing the last 4 years.
The 2 years previous to that I believe we were in a higher division than Exeter
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:28 pm

mcfry wrote:
Where is this 4 years coming from?
From what I recall this will be only our 3rd year in this division, so therefore only 2 years when discussing the last 4 years.
The 2 years previous to that I believe we were in a higher division than Exeter
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I guess you have forgotten this season then, I particularly like the way the 'turds celebrate an equaliser only to have it snatched from them by the lino, happy days.

This will, god willing, be the fourth season and the fourth calendar year in which we finish above Cornwall's "sleeping giant", "sleeping"? Ii think comatose would be more appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Love the avatar Tis. Old Porkie himself would be proud.

He who laughs last and all that scratch ................................What a Face .................................pale 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Love the avatar Tis. Old Porkie himself would be proud.

He who laughs last and all that scratch ................................What a Face .................................pale 
Worrying thing must be that the ol' Porktw@ is in polly positzione with his nose up Nick the userer's hairy anus ready for when Brenty makes a bolt for the door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Ok will give you 3 years but not 4 tongue 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:47 pm

mcfry wrote:
Ok will give you 3 years but not 4 tongue 
I don't wait to be given stuff, if I want it I take it.

2010 we finished above you.
2011 we were above all year.
2012 we were above all year.
2013 we have been above for three quarters and that doesn't look like changing any time soon.

In my book that is a pretty decent shout for 4 large.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Apologise for that it just goes to show how time flies and how much effort I have put in to following football these days.
I thought you were still in the conference then Wink 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:40 pm

mcfry wrote:
Apologise for that it just goes to show how time flies and how much effort I have put in to following football these days.
I thought you were still in the conference then Wink 
No need, easy mistake to make, just the same as City supporters guaging our progress against PAFC when we should be looking at sucessful clubs like Crawley, Stevenage and in extremis, Yeovil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very basic problems   Very basic problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Very basic problems
Page 1 of 1