The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Millbay developments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Millbay developments Empty
PostSubject: Millbay developments   Millbay developments EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:30 pm

We've all heard the jargon how allowing JB to piss all over Argyle fans is the key to unlocking developments surrounding Millbay/West End.

What exactly will the developments of Millbay deliver?

You can exit the ferry and have a direct route to the glamorous charity and pound shops.

Whores to your left, druggies to your right.

I used to enjoy the Santander ferry until they changed the return rules.  Any changes?

All I see or hear is aesthetics, no plan or owt.

It'd be nice to think we'll become a major import/export hub but the roads will still be shit or expensive.

Anyone know better?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Millbay developments   Millbay developments EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Looking back at ALL of Brent's multitude of plans for his own rejuvenation of Plymouth - has anything actually happened? anywhere?

Has he actually got any money?

I think Brent's plans for Millbay is to run a 'Gus Honeybun' train for departing ferry passsengers straight from the ferry to Brentsville theme park, HHP.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Millbay developments   Millbay developments EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:10 pm

I guess you never looked him in the eyes Smile Councillors must've, along with the Nooligans.

I'll keep trying.  Anyone know any economical plans?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Millbay developments   Millbay developments EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
I guess you never looked him in the eyes Smile Councillors must've, along with the Nooligans.

I'll keep trying.  Anyone know any economical plans?
Nope. I expect his team are still looking at the figures to see if they add up Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Millbay developments   Millbay developments EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:04 pm

Millbay was there for the taking for any developers that had the cash to develop it, trouble is that when the banks stopped lending the private developer money dryed up. A couple of developers built some nice harbourside type flats there and had trouble shifting them. I am sure that Brent doesn't have any money of his own but maybe the HHP, Pavillions will fund him to develop a large chunk of Millbay? A couple of hundred waterside apartments would be a nice bit of profit for enabling us to have a shit stand with no visible revenue streams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Millbay developments   Millbay developments EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:20 pm

There are a few interesting development projects being attempted in Plymouth at the moment, most seem to have strong PCC backing but with literally no public support.

The local media, like it seemed to do with Brent, is suppressing opinion against these developments and in among it all, guess what local Councillors name continues to pop up?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Millbay developments   Millbay developments EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Millbay has been a shithole for years! The new marina has at least put the old basin to good use, as opposed to landfill and a carpark.

It can only be improved as the city's "Ocean Gateway" I have trade marked that one.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Millbay developments   Millbay developments EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:42 pm

The original Local Development Framework plans for the Millbay redevlopment called for the Pavillions to be completely levelled making way for a wide boulevard linking the end of town centre at Union Rooms with the Millbay Harbour developments. This was reliant on the new Ice Rink / concert / conferencing facility which should have been built on Cottage Field as part of full Life Centre plans.

PCC couldn't raise the full £80M required so only the swimming pool / indoor sports hall building got built, meaning Pavillions Concert hall got retained and JB through Five Directions company received £2M from PCC to keep it open.

What little that is known of JB's plans are for a boulevard around the Pavillions concert hall, which is to be retained, while the swimming pool and Ice Rink get knocked down. How this works with New Continental hotel is unclear and will probably restrict it to a normal road flanked by rows of shops and cafes etc.

The area of swimming pool and Ice rink will be used for retail and leisure development. Was going to include a Hotel but think the Civic Centre deal may change this to apartments or more likely student accommodation.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Millbay developments   Millbay developments EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 9:06 pm

So it might look less an eyesore when you enter but there's no plans to increase the number that enter?

All about the students innit, is it?

I found it disappointing my Santander jolly got ruined but not surprised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Millbay developments   Millbay developments EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 11:58 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
We've all heard the jargon how allowing JB to piss all over Argyle fans is the key to unlocking developments surrounding Millbay/West End.

What exactly will the developments of Millbay deliver?

You can exit the ferry and have a direct route to the glamorous charity and pound shops.

Whores to your left, druggies to your right.

I used to enjoy the Santander ferry until they changed the return rules.  Any changes?

All I see or hear is aesthetics, no plan or owt.

It'd be nice to think we'll become a major import/export hub but the roads will still be shit or expensive.

Anyone know better?
Do you mean the pointless customs checks? I have used that route quite often and as usual we lag behind most of Europe with facilities like these, at Santander you can wander over the road to cafes, restaurants and shops, at Millbay you can get a blow job for a tenner. We need more than just apartments there but it requires joined up thinking and some proper funding from government. With chancers like Brent we will only get piecemeal development with them cherry picking the profitable bits and the infrastructure won't get built I should imagine the boulevard will be similar in appearance to Gilbert's Lane when finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Millbay developments   Millbay developments Empty

Back to top Go down

Millbay developments
Page 1 of 1