Elias
argyl3
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock Empty
PostSubject: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Nuff said

Peter Risdale
Neil Warnock
Keith Hill

Not this train wreck we have now.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:13 pm

utter rubbish.

we have the RIGHT manager, the WRONG owner.

blame fletcher he spent the 'competitive' buget on dross.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Time will tell.. Too many wrong decisions have been made almost too many to list here
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Love it how ATD says I posted at 2316 its 2216 at the moment ;-)
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Elias wrote:
utter rubbish.

This.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Elias wrote:
utter rubbish.

Pretty much agree with this.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Who would Mr Starnes our `football` CEO have pixked ?
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Risdale
Ken Bates?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Elias wrote:
utter rubbish.

Agree with the right manager wrong owner bit.

I can't blame Fletch though. He was inexperienced and should never have been employed as manager to begin with.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Elias wrote:
utter rubbish.

Agree with the right manager wrong owner bit.  

I can't blame Fletch though.  He was inexperienced and should never have been employed as manager to begin with.
But our glorious owner thought that he was an 'exceptional individual'.

Which says a lot about his football knowledge.

Oh, and he was cheap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:00 am

We have far too many ordinary players who can play in more than one position. It's almost as if they're being counted as two players.

They're squad players at best but they make up the majority of our first team with more ordinary players sat on the bench.

Sheridan must know that we're miles away from challenging for promotion and unless he's just happy to pick up a wage and not have ambitions for the club then he should be banging on Brents door demanding the funds to build a team capable of promotion.

If he really does have one of the best budgets in the league then he's failing miserably whilst others with lesser budgets are pissing all over us.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:31 am

I said as much on the scunny match thread, we're carrying far too many 'potential' players who simply aren't good enough.

I see Shezza's 3 year contract as part of a 3 year plan.  Shezza will be afforded a team capable of promotion when it suits Brent to move on.  Just my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:26 am

We have undoubtably by far the worst squad of players in the division. That's all brent will fund. But would another manager have been able to attract slightly better than the useless shit Sheridan has managed to attract with the 'budget' he has? Maybe, maybe not. Or would another manager have been able to make a silk purse out of the sows ear and turn this truly appalling collection of 'players' into a team? I don't know. But I'd love to see Neil Warnock have a go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:13 am

Freathy wrote:
We have undoubtably by far the worst squad of players in the division.  That's all brent will fund.  But would another manager have been able to attract slightly better than the useless shit Sheridan has managed to attract with the 'budget' he has? Maybe, maybe not.  Or would another manager have been able to make a silk purse out of the sows ear and turn this truly appalling collection of 'players' into a team?  I don't know.  But I'd love to see Neil Warnock have a go.
In the car the other week i was listening to Talksport interviewing Warnock where he ruled himself out of taking up management again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:52 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We have undoubtably by far the worst squad of players in the division.  That's all brent will fund.  But would another manager have been able to attract slightly better than the useless shit Sheridan has managed to attract with the 'budget' he has? Maybe, maybe not.  Or would another manager have been able to make a silk purse out of the sows ear and turn this truly appalling collection of 'players' into a team?  I don't know.  But I'd love to see Neil Warnock have a go.
In the car the other week i was listening to Talksport interviewing Warnock where he ruled himself out of taking up management again.
If he ever were to come back as a manager and i dont think he ever will he would want transfer funds aplenty and we all know Brent is tighter than a ducks arse when it comes to his money,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Sherridan is worrying me with his we were unlucky crap, no mate its the players you signed, they just arn't very good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:09 pm

he needs to get on the loan market and bring in a striker and a winger before all the good ones are taken. Brent needs to start acting like a chairman of a professional football club (and sometimes i struggle to believe we are one with all that he is approving off with his sheep's approval) and give him funds to actually strengthen the squad. THe fact most of JS summer signings are on 6 month contracts should tell you all about how much is in his budget.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Doesn't matter who the Manager is at present.

The Football League is keeping a tight watch on the Club's spending because of the dubious way- "a leap of faith" -that the Club came out of Administration without paying the FC debts, that there's no scope to any serious transfer fees to get "quality" into the club.

If PAFC offered say £50,000 for a decent (at this level) goalscorer, the FL would (quite rightly in my opinion) block the transfer and insist that the money went to the FC creditors.

Of course, this suits Brent fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 5:47 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Love it how ATD says I posted at 2316 its 2216 at the moment ;-)

Greenwich mean time setting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 6:21 pm

I'd love to test that theory grovehill. I think it could reasonably be argued that by signing a decent player for a change that success could follow which means more income to pay the creditors.

It is a convenient excuse though and I do fully realise your'e being sarcastic.

It is the kind of thing Webb will be saying when fans approach him pissed off with the situation. That and David Norris and David Connolly are on their way but keep it quiet.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Greenjock-I'm not being sarcastic at all.

I genuinely believe that if PAFC started splashing the cash, the FL would step on behalf of the unpaid creditors.

They'd have to ask

1. If there's money to spare, why isn't it going into the FC fund?
2. Would such spending increase the chances of the Club going into Administration again?

You have to remember that PAFC came out of Administration in a way that conflicted with the FL rules and the FL said at the time that the figures (from Brent) didn't add up.

"Leap of faith" and "sceptical" were the terms used at the time I believe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 7:26 pm

That's an interesting point Grovehill.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I'd love to test that theory grovehill. I think it could reasonably be argued that by signing a decent player for a change that success could follow which means more income to pay the creditors.

It is a convenient excuse though and I do fully realise your'e being sarcastic.

It is the kind of thing Webb will be saying when fans approach him pissed off with the situation. That and David Norris and David Connolly are on their way but keep it quiet.

Jam tomorrow cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Greenjock-I'm not being sarcastic at all.

I genuinely believe that if PAFC started splashing the cash, the FL would step on behalf of the unpaid creditors.

They'd have to ask

1. If there's money to spare, why isn't it going into the FC fund?
2. Would such spending increase the chances of the Club going into Administration again?

You have to remember that PAFC came out of Administration in a way that conflicted with the FL rules and the FL said at the time that the figures (from Brent) didn't add up.

"Leap of faith"  and "sceptical" were the terms used at the time I believe.
I doubt very much the FL would bat an eyelid if we signed a striker for £50k. Are we providing the FL with details of all of our players wages and bonuses? If they were ready to crack down on us because of our administration then I expect we would have a limited squad size and we wouldn't have been able to appoint Sheridan as manager.

There must be loads of cheaper alternatives we could have appointed if the FL were really keeping such a close eye on us. That's always sounded like a feckin good excuse for Brent to be frugal and it's something Webb, PL2 Faced and the like keep bringing up.

There's been many clubs go into administration and work out deals with creditors which are unfair really and none of them seem to have the FL peering over their shoulders constantly.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Did the FL want to make an example tho? They nearly did with us. Tried multiple times with Pompey its entirely possible they will try and shaft us again..

Kind of makes you wonder where the cash is coming from for the new stand?? Perhaps that should have gone to the FC pot??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock   It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock Empty

Back to top Go down

It should have been Keith Hill and/or Neil Warnock
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next