Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Refreshing.....................

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

How Refreshing..................... Empty
PostSubject: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 9:46 am

To deal with a courier company that actually gives a f*ck and keep you informed, instead of that dreadful shite Parcel force.

Yesterday (There's a song there somewhere), I ordered a new phone for wifey from Amazon. I paid a few quid extra for delivery today.

After placing the order, I got an instant email from Amazon saying it would be despatching soon, and then an email from DPD couriers telling me that had picked up the order and it's despatched.

Just now I got an email from DPD telline me my parcel WILL arrive between 10:36 and 11:36. How good is that? Parcel force, if you're not out on strike or sick, take note you bunch of useless feckwits.

From DPD...............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:12 am

No depot in Plymouth though. Exeter or Truro. Bit of a pain if you're not in and simply wanna go and collect it yourself at a time to suit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:18 am

I bought a book through Amazon.....and we got a similar service from the courier service.

Excellent service........book recieved in 23.5 hrs of placing the order.

BUT......

The Post Office failed to leave ordered plants by side gate as instructed on address label when they found us out.

Popped down soughting office to pick them up and was told they where locked in van still and couldn't be retrieved until Tuesday morning.

This was the Easter weekend....so they were trapped in a hottish van from Thursday afternoon until the following Tuesday.....long gone the service that we knew years ago when there used to be two deliveries a day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:32 am

DPD are the best couriers in my eyes, also when you get nearer to the actual delivery they will narrow the time down further, all that between 8 and 5 shit really gets in my tits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:40 am

Ha ha! Just arrived at 10:38!! cheers 

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 12:44 pm

DHL, avoid at all costd, Drop it Hide it, Lose it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:17 pm

I had DHL send me some spare greenhouse glass, bloke goes to the front of the van and threw it back towards the doors, smash, without batting an eyelid he says "sign there mate".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:10 am

Just sent an email to Amazon on this very subject,

I had an e mail saying to expect my delivery that was dispatched on 5th September on the 12th September, I just wondered what method of delivery you were using? I would just like to add that although we used to have facilities for ponies and donkeys they have all been turned into garages for our cars that we use on our roads. Our roads also connect with all the other roads in the country, maybe you could place my parcel in a van and deliver it that way?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:39 am

I've bought laptops on Amazon UK. Both arrived at our door in Cyprus by courier within 2 days and postage was only about £7.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:33 am

Just had a reply saying that it is automated Amazon reply and that I should get the item in two days, also asked that I keep the comedy for my stand up routine. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:52 am

DPD is not that wonderful, my wife had a replacement phone on Tuesday from Carphone Warehouse, all good so far, in the 1 hour time slot. Notification received that collection of old phone would be next day, but no time slot sent. Waited in all day, nothing. Another email received that collection would be following day 1501-1601, wife waits in. 1630 email to me that nobody was in, so now we're up to today with a 1402-1502 time slot. Let's see what happens! I know they didn't pitch up yesterday as no card was through the door. I believe they're all self employed franchisees with DPD and if running late the occasional "sorry you weren't in" ruse gets things back on schedule.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:38 pm

however, as collections pay more than deliveries, if they are self employed they are fools - it used to be £2.10 for delivering a parcel and £4.60 for a collection when i worked as a c&d courier
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:39 pm

no ruse id say, they prob had a time slot which the driver wasnt able to make, and was told not to collect at any other time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 3:27 pm

I caught a delivery driver putting a slip through my door saying that I was out, when I explained that I was actually in he had to admit that he didn't have the parcel as he had fecked up and left it in the sorting office, I took pity on him and asked him to bring it as soon as he could, soft tw@t I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Refreshing.....................   How Refreshing..................... Empty

Back to top Go down

How Refreshing.....................
Page 1 of 1