Flat_Track_Bully
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Southend Match Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:07 pm

And so it begins once again with another disappointing afternoon.

'Argyle nil' could be the most frequently used phrase of the season.

Not as frequent as Brent out though.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:11 pm

knecht wrote:
Losing 1-0 away to Southend.... that's relegation form that is.

All comments from those who went to today's horror show say the same - we were totally outplayed by a poor Southend side, midfield non existant, and there was zero goal threat. It will be another season of hopeing there are two teams worse than us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:12 pm

You can't be as bad as Bristol Rovers. They were poor, non league standard. Apart from their sub Santos they have nothing to worry you. City were first to everything and Sam Parkin, if fit will run riot.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Just back.  If Southend weren't brilliant (and they weren't they were ok) what does that say about us.  That will be the easiest 3 points they pick up all season.  We gave them not one single problem nor posed one serious question anywhere on the pitch.  And we had to wait until 4.30 pm on the opening day of the season to see any Argyle attempt on goal.  And that was a lame attempt scuft attempt from Reid with only the keeper to beat.

Their goal was kind of hilarious if you find conceding a goal funny with 7or 8 of the Argyle team in the 6 yard box unable to tackle a Southend player or force the ball away.

Morgan and Reid as a front two.  Meh.  Morgan needs to think about attacking the ball rather than the central defender.  Who said he will be a handful for League Two defenders.  Well the two centre backs had him in their pockets today.  He didn't win a thing in the air, disappointing given he had an advantage on both of them.  Nor did he lay off anything to his fellow team mates.

Midfield was bypassed or missing for most of the game.  Certainly provided no drive going forward.

One bright spot was McCormick who pulled off a couple of good saves.  I also heard a taste of what he will get at grounds around the country.  A good few 'murderer' chants from Southend Forza Whatever.

Our own spotty oaks were embarrassing.  A few g*po and caravan chants at Eastwood.  Hope our regular PI and conscience of Plymouth Argyle was on hand to report back.  Even more embarrassing a few of them getting pulled by stewards and Essexs finest after the game.  Just plain embarrassing.  Hopefully the missed there coaches home.  Easily identifiable to prevent them travelling free of charge in the future.

Didn't see any of the REAL super fans but say hello to Messr. John Lloyd who sagely reminded me it was an away game as some crumb of comfort.  On today's showing though Sheridans team 2013 looks worse than the 2012 version.

Overall not happy did try a Sheridan out chant ;)but no one joined in.

Last edited by Dougie on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Only listened to the match on the radio but the commentator was just as cr@p as our goalscoring.Where's Sparksy.Sheridan's love in will soon disappear if there is not a vast improvement next saturday.....We are supposed to be a big fish...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Look how far weve came
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:34 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Only listened to the match on the radio but the commentator was just as cr@p as our goalscoring.Where's Sparksy.Sheridan's love in will soon disappear if there is not a vast improvement next saturday.....We are supposed to be a big fish...

Sparks is shit and all, feckin tosser whose head is so far up Brents arse, hes on a level pegging with Nool and Webb.
Wouldnt piss of the cnut if he was on fire
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Just seen the goal on SSN- absolutely shocking defending.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:59 pm

I bet that bus back is a barrel of laughs......not
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:25 pm

The Southend sprinkler system was one of the highlights of the day whether it be wondering if the water would reach far enough to electrocute the pre match electric guitar playing entertainment or turn the cheer leading display into a wet t shirt compettition or failing that would it result in a dowsing for Mr Brown and wash away his spray tan.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:59 pm

At least Sheridan was at the same game as me. Good to hear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:11 pm

My greatest concern from today's performance was the quality of our set pieces.

At this level, free kicks and corners are key, especially for away games. If you fail to take advantage of possession in dangerous areas, you're behind the eight ball straight away.

I'd have hoped a full preseason with an established manager and a mostly complete team would have looked more competent at the basics than we saw today.

Lots of work to be done.

PS - nice to meet you, Dougie.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Cover blown. Hope you can confirm I didn't look too weird or freakish. Interesting point about the free kicks. I can't recall how long it has been since imploring Wooton to 'Shoooooooooot' has paid off. Free kicks work as the result of training ground drills and practice. We are definitely cutting off our noses if that's not happening especially if going forward we expect Morgan to win a fair few free kicks by his mere presence and awkwardness (not that that was on display today)
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:43 pm

The worrying thing for me is, who else is there to add to the squad?

The defense was definitely short with Blanchard suspended and Branston injured, especially with Wotton also departing at half-time, but defence doesn't seem to be our problem. Conceding the odd howler with a depleted defence is to be expected. The problem is, as always, up front. Branston and Blanchard coming back isn't going to result in us knocking in the goals. Who else is there? Gurreri is the only other senior player that can be brought in and I don't particularly rate him from what I've seen. Other than that Chadwick is the only option pale There doesn't seem to be any hints of more permanent players being added to the squad.

Nothing in the preseason games, or this game, has suggested that we have solved our goal-scoring issue. It's looking like Sheridan is going to need to pull another Banton style loanee out of the bag or it's another season of sweating over relegation for us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Crap football is sustainable, I have seen the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:58 pm

One shot on target for each side. Sounds pretty dire. We need to win at home much more this season - it puts bums on seats.

Paris Cowan-Hall scored the winner for Wycombe today. Typical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:03 pm

hairy j wrote:
One shot on target for each side. Sounds pretty dire. We need to win at home much more this season - it puts bums on seats.

Paris Cowan-Hall scored the winner for Wycombe today. Typical.

Fat chance, the problems run far deeper then Sheridan and his below average squad
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Oh we also had the return of the smoke bombers whose hi jinks i thought general (sweeping under the carpet) opinion declared would be confined to pre season friendlies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:04 pm

I'm afraid I can't give an informed opinion on the question of freakishness or weirdness.

I'd never assume I was qualified to make judgements like that.

But you appeared to be reasonably normal.

fishing 
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Bit on the gutted side with the manner of the defeat,but there are still 45 to go. No alarm bells ringing just yet.

10 games is always the season marker,so let's see where Argyle are then..

We know Sheridan will not stand for sloppy play and petty mistakes,so i would expect to see a much better performance next Saturday when Fleetwood Town visit Home Park.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southend Match Thread   Southend Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Southend Match Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2