Czarcasm
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:38 pm

I'm reaching a pretty depressing stage in life where I'm probably more in need of a trainer bra than my 10yr old daughter. Embarassed

Ideally I'd like to shift 7-10 pounds before goin away at the end of the month. Has anyone tried this sort of target and timescale, and more importantly, succeeded?

What makes it worse is this fckin weather is necessitating increased Ice cold Cider intake to levels not akin to losing weight. Evil or Very Mad 

Apart from cereal fruit and salad, which I'm bored of already, what is there out there that fills you up and is tasty without hitting the high calories??
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:47 pm

I've found that by cutting food out of my diet, I managed to lose 3 stone in a fortnight.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:52 pm

I lied about that.

I think, no offence, regular exercise is probably the best technique for losing it. Otherwise you'll just feel hungry throughout which is a miserable way of life. Fartlek - sprint 50 metres, walk 50, for twenty minutes, 3 times a week.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I'm reaching a pretty depressing stage in life where I'm probably more in need of a trainer bra than my 10yr old daughter. Embarassed

Ideally I'd like to shift 7-10 pounds before goin away at the end of the month. Has anyone tried this sort of target and timescale, and more importantly, succeeded?

What makes it worse is this fckin weather is necessitating increased Ice cold Cider intake to levels not akin to losing weight. Evil or Very Mad 

Apart from cereal fruit and salad, which I'm bored of already, what is there out there that fills you up and is tasty without hitting the high calories??

wholegrains and protein
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Go to a third world country, catch some dysentery, available in most toilets and resturants, and just watch the pounds fall off, works for me.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:15 pm

Iggy wrote:
Go to a third world country, catch some dysentery, available in most toilets and resturants, and just watch the pounds fall off, works for me.

Tis true............pale 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:04 pm

Some wise words there. I'd give Mocks sprint/walk thing a go - if I didn't think I'd look a bit gay doing it. The only people you generally see sprinting in suburbia are children and burglars.

I did once spend a fortnight constantly to and fro to the toilet in some North African hellhole Iggy. Not the best of experiences tbf.
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:09 pm

When I was ill last year, I lost about 20 - 25 pounds. Most of that was due to cutting out fats.
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Amphetemines are pretty good. You don't feel like eating at all but you chat shit constantly.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Amphetemines are pretty good. You don't feel like eating at all but you chat shit constantly.

That was circa 1989-98 for me. If it weren't for the total sleep deprivation it induces, it'd be a fair option actually Jocko.
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

That was circa 1989-98 for me. If it weren't for the total sleep deprivation it induces, it'd be a fair option actually Jocko.

Yeah but you could chat shit on here with Elias, he's always on at stupid o'clock Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Yeah but you could chat shit on here with Elias, he's always on at stupid o'clock Very Happy 

Come to think of it PepsiPete is a bit of an insomniac. Maybe I should just take an ounce round his place and we can both go on a mad one...
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:36 pm

A few years ago, I shifted over four stone and have kept all but a few pounds off ever since. I didn't go on a diet as such, but simply started watching what I ate (I found writing it down, as advised by a friend who works in health promotion, really helpful) and taking more exercise. When I first started, I was losing over two kilos - 4.5 pounds - a week, which would get you to where you want to be.

Try this: eat when you're hungry, and don't eat when you're not - this might sound obvious but the way we eat nowadays it isn't. Eat whatever you fancy (denying yourself just makes you fed up and therefore more likely to give up) but restrict your calorie intake to 500 less than the recommended daily limit (I think that's 2500 for men, so go for 2000) PLUS unlimited fruit and veg. Include low fat milk and other low fat dairy products - apparently other fats stick to something in this so you excrete more fat. For exercise, do something you enjoy - in my case, swimming, which is brilliant exercise too (especially if you also sweat a bit off in the sauna afterwards). And - perhaps above all - try to minimise your alcohol intake: that's probably where most of your calories are coming from. So instead of cider, try drinking apple juice or better still no added sugar apple squash.

Two final points. First, try to eat more slowly and to concentrate on what you're eating - for instance, don't eat in front of the telly. An awful lot of what we eat goes down without our noticing it, and we miss the signs that we're full. Nowadays, I find it almost impossible to overeat. Second, I'm vegetarian - I don't know if this makes any difference, but when the weight was visibly falling off me, a few people reckoned it was all very well for me but wouldn't work for them because they were meat-eaters (I think this is rubbish, but I'm no expert).
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Being born just before WW11......food rationing took care of overeating.

Mum always made me eat everything up....because food waste was not an option.

So ingrained into my life from a early age was... finish what was on your plate....and that can be a problem that is difficult to overcome later in life.

When eating out I am amazed at the mountains of food that people leave on their plates... especially children......and it aint because there conscious of their figures....because quite often they are overweight to start with.

Being overweight is hard to rein back when you get less active.....mind over matter I expect.

Czar.......7 to 10 pounds.....thats an armful in Tony Hancock speak....you could always cut one off to achieve that...at least you'd still have two legs to stand on.
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Czarcs just stick a photo of nool on your fridge door, that should do the trick:cheers:
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Czarcs just stick a photo of nool on your fridge door, that should do the trick:cheers:

Eat sensible or end up like this Laughing 
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm normally quite sceptical of diet aids but I've been taking something called Tangy Tangerine supplement which supresses you need for food as it is replaced by 105 minerals not found in our food chain any more - no bull, it works just don't need to eat so much!! It's a crazy yank thing so ebay is about the only place you can get it!! Happy fasting!!
Back to top Go down
hippo

Crash Diets Empty

What Peggy said is very sensible, maybe also try a different coloured plate so you have to concentrate on what you're eating. The worst case senario would be something like the 'cabbage soup diet', not an healthy option but, it does work. The real work is making changes to your eating and exercise patterns.
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty

My favorite session is called 21 Down....

21 Press ups followed by sit ups then squat thrusts as quick as you can,1 minutes rest then 20, all the way down to 1, you will be like Jelly after the first few sessions but after that you'll start to find it a bit easier...do this 2-3 times a week.
Do a 1.5 mile run once a week .and if you can do it between 8-10 minutes your doing very well indeed.
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:17 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

21 Press ups followed by sit ups then squat thrusts as quick as you can,1 minutes rest then 20, all the way down to 1, you will be like Jelly after the first few sessions but after that you'll start to find it a bit easier...do this 2-3 times a week.
Do a 1.5 mile run once a week .and if you can do it between 8-10 minutes your doing very well indeed.

as if he is going to do that pongo lol
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:25 pm

I've never been on a diet but here are some tips.

Often we mistake dehydration for hunger. This is compounded by the fact that most foods contain water, and therefore solve dehydration. Anyhow, drink a pint of water when you feel like snacking, and before every meal - you'll eat less.

Avoid Gluten. If you eat pasta, move to gluten free pasta (more expensive but pretty much tastes the same). Switch from noodles and bread side dishes to rice. Switch from Beer to spirits. Gluten encourages water retention which makes you bigger. I had to go Gluten free for health reasons for a while and lost about 1 stone in a couple of weeks without really realising it.

You can make yourself more active without having to have a training routine. Take the stairs instead of the escalator, walk up the escalator if you are on one. Go for a brisk walk every night for 30mins instead of chilling in front of the TV. Have sex (or a w*nk) more often!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:28 pm

protein and grains fill you up for longer as part of a balanced diet and reg exercise. No crash dieting needed. Just cut back on crap foods and booze/pop drinks.
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Greenjock wrote:

buliema works too but only in small doses

Basketball 
Back to top Go down

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

Crash Diets Oie_fullmetaljacket2
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Aha, at last, the one subject upon which I am the worlds number one expert, my advice, give up now, I have been trying for years and years, I eat sensible food, I train hard for at least an hour every day but I still don't lose any weight, it could be because I am pig of course and I drink too much, but exercise makes you hungry, actually breathing seems to make me hungry.

Bottom line, eat less, move more and you will lose weight, but don't try and cut down too much or your body will go into survival mode and start storing more fat, avoid all fads, there is a reason they are called fads and I wish you more luck than I have had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crash Diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Diets   Crash Diets Empty

Back to top Go down

Crash Diets
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next