HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Glastonbury 2013..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Not sure if anyone has started a Glastonbury thread,so i will. Anyone watch the BBC coverage. In fact,did anyone go to the festival itself..

Highlights from the BBC for me were - [i]Primal Scream/Daughter/The XX/Rolling Stones/Bastille/PiL/Calexico/Tim Burgess/Goat/Foals/Django Django/Vampire Weekend/Savages/HAIM/Of Monsters and Men/Editors/The Courteeners/The Horrors/Chic/The Boy Rascall/Smashing Pumpkins/Noah and the Whale and a few more..[i/]

Daughter and The XX were gobsmacked with the turn out of crowd they attracted. And HAIM were the hardest working group at Glastonbry this year,they were here/there and everywhere and are worthy of their good reviews..

Interesting track from HAIM..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting track from DAUGHTER..

Interesting track from CALEXICO..

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:06 pm

There didn't seem to be a lot of coverage this year?
Back to top Go down

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:52 pm

The BBC coverage is weird. They do give it plenty of airtime but spoil it with inane radio 1 dickheads chatting shit whilst in the background you can faintly hear primal scream ffs.

The red button service is total shit so you spend ages trying to navigate round it.

I loved chic, Elvis Costello, the courteeners and primal scream. Thought example was pretty good but amuch younger hipper mate says he died on his feet and sucked compared to chase and status so now I'm doubting my ears.

Haim looked cool and loved them with primal scream and I didn't mind the stones although I was ready to slate them for being prima donnas. I'd love to have seen them in their pomp but they're not too bad for old wrinklies. I saw them compared to the puppets on the wonga adverts.

I sort of like miles kane, except his voice is a bit whiny for me. His music and stage presence is great. Proper mod.

There's more I'll catch on the red button when I can but it's not been a vintage festival for me.

I'm not big on the arctic monkeys or mumford and sons and that's two of the headline acts I didn't listen to.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Chase/Status looked A.

It looked a good year for it with the weather - usually I'm not too bothered about festivals, but when it's hot I don't know if there are any better weekends. Bestival last September looked insanely good for the same reason.

What annoys me about the coverage is the constant enthusiasm for average acts or shows...Mumford and Sons looked dire, the people there even at the front didnt seem bothered, why not just come out and say it and call them shit?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:07 pm

My daughter used to (still does?) like Ben Howard. I heard someone on the radio saying he came good this year.

I had bits on in the background as I was doing other things. Apart from the Stones for curiosity's sake nobody grabbed my attention apart from Elvis Costello and he was excellent.
Back to top Go down

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:11 pm

The stones fantastic for old geezers, really enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:15 pm

I am with virginmedia [or whatever they are called now due to their sale] and they had a nice little Glastonbury app on the tivo box,which was just music from a great deal of artists at the festival. I did record the highlights though..

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:18 pm

Regarding HAIM,apparently they have been dubbed the new Fleetwood Mac and the sound is 80s-ish. I first heard of them about two months ago and thought what a superb hard-working band they are. And the Bass player looks one horny babe.
Back to top Go down

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Ah it might have been Haim who covered you can go your own way then. I've heard it loads but didn't know who it was.

I've got virgin media TiVo and didn't know about the app. I'll have to check and see if it's still available.

I've missed not going to any festivals this last two years and next summer Ian will be 3 and easier to manage hopefully so I'm definitely going to one next year. Glastonbury when it's sunny is amazing but there are loads of decent smaller ones, mapperley is involved in one I think, and even if the lineups aren't quite as good as the stones, any live music in a friendly atmosphere is cool and the kids should love it.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:35 pm

its not the same as in the 80's when i first went. 92 was my fav, went with a quid and a blanket and got totally fecked on acid whilst a helicoptor landed IN the 90,000 crowd watching the Cure. i had to buy a bootleg later just to make sure it had really happened.

anyway, its MIDDLECLASSTONBURY these days, a friend arrived on site in her helicoptor ffs
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:33 pm

Fecking hippies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Glastonbury 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glastonbury 2013..   Glastonbury 2013.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Glastonbury 2013..
Page 1 of 1