Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Benefit scroungers.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Benefit scroungers. Empty
PostSubject: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:56 pm

To get increase in benefits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Jesus. It makes me seethe. £1m refit of Kensington Palace for Wills and Kate. Poor lambs. It's really quite disgusting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:01 am

Queen also gets an extra 2 million. Whilst jobseekers have to wait an extra 4 days to start a claim. Nobody likes Dolies though everyone likes wills and Kate. Lovely couple
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:15 am

We took an £11bn hit two days ago and now this!

There has not been such a financial attack on the working classes since Thatcher, the only difference is that it's being done a little more indirectly and the average guy is being screwed massively while the select few are having huge boost to their income.

One good thing though, I'm pleased the Winter Fuel Allowance has been stopped for expats living in hot climates (sorry Tring), that was ridiculous. That said, are there any expats living in Alaska?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:12 am

GOB wrote:

There has not been such a financial attack on the working classes since Thatcher, the only difference is that it's being done a little more indirectly and the average guy is being screwed massively while the select few are having huge boost to their income.

One good thing though, I'm pleased the Winter Fuel Allowance has been stopped for expats living in hot climates (sorry Tring), that was ridiculous. That said, are there any expats living in Alaska?

The attack on the working classes is far more spiteful and devastating than under thatcher. At least she gave you some encouragement that if you got off your arse things might improve. This lot don't care or give a damn about anyone but their own class.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:18 am

I was on incapacity benefit whilst having my back operated on whilst recovering from a car crash for several years, I got some compensation but the first thing I had to do was pay back the benefit that I'd had, I am sure that the Royals will have to do that as well, once they are back on their feet.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:15 am

job seekers having to wait an extra 4 days will save a few quid dont forget firms are shedding jobs everywhere.
many many loop holes are out there for big business - the utilities inparticular.
over here you can increase gas/elec as much as you want yet in france any increase over infaltion goes before parliment!!!! over here (in pathetic just chinned voice) cameron says 'we will encourage people to switch'...............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Elias wrote:
job seekers having to wait an extra 4 days will save a few quid dont forget firms are shedding jobs everywhere.
many many loop holes are out there for big business - the utilities inparticular.
over here you can increase gas/elec as much as you want yet in france any increase over infaltion goes before parliment!!!! over here (in pathetic just chinned voice) cameron says 'we will encourage people to switch'...............

It saves 275 million. Peanuts.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:42 am

thats a fair saving is that per year ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 9:05 am

GOB wrote:

I am entitled to the benefit but don't claim, dear boy. Having said that, it would be a beauracratic nightmare to enforce and will probably cost more than is paid out.......if it actually happens. Three people living in Spain. One in the mountains, one in Marbella, one in between.Then they move house Rolling Eyes . It won't work.
Also, although the temperature rarely falls below 7deg C out here, the properties are non insulated concrete boxes which become like fridges in winter and there is no gas. The electicity is amongst the most expensive in Europe. Our fuel bills here, are roughly double those of our place in Tring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Let's penalise people in our own country who need help so we can go to places like Afghanistan and kill foreign people so they can't threaten us. It's a good idea because those Afghans are notorious for trying to invade us and forcing us to grow beards and ban us using kites.

It's lucky the Government haven't worked out that wearing a jumper keeps you warm as knecht would be fecked financially if they started taxing woolen clothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 1:57 pm

hairy, I'll have you know that it is polyester!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 3:11 pm

knecht wrote:
hairy, I'll have you know that it is polyester!

That is so cruel Knecht! Shocked 
I thought better of you!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Might be controversial point of view but i am of the belief that if you live outside the UK you shouldn't be entitled to any state benefits beyond your pensions.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:18 pm

But then why should people come from the rest of Europe and claim jobseekers whilst living here but we can't do it when we are looking for work in Europe? I've paid tax all my life why shouldn't I be able to claim if I needed to and what difference does it make where I am?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Iggy wrote:
But then why should people come from the rest of Europe and claim jobseekers whilst living here but we can't do it when we are looking for work in Europe? I've paid tax all my life why shouldn't I be able to claim if I needed to and what difference does it make where I am?

As i say bar pensions why should you be able to have benefits? if you live abroad and don't pay UK Tax as a result i shouldn't have it imo as your not a resident of the UK anymore. Same for EU workers aswell.

Obviously if you still pay tax to the crown living abroad then fair enough that's different you have what you want. It's the folk mainly pensioner's sunning themselves in places like Benidorm who moved there for the all year tan and better quality of life. They will cease paying uk tax on their earnings but will still come home to use the NHS and take the benefits such as fuel allowance when they dont need it.

That's what i dont like.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:27 am

so those who have paid in all their lives cant get a fuel payment but the dole boy whos never worked can have it ?

pale 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:17 am

I think one of the problems with our system is the phrase 'I'm entitled to it' and I think it's helping to cause the collapse of something that every country in the world should have.

If you genuinely need it then you should be able to draw it, but you shouldn't be able to draw it simply because you are entitled to it. The Welfare System was never intended to be equal, it was intended to help those that most desperately need it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:36 am

I am getting increasingly wound up that anybody that needs benefits is now known as a scrounger. If you pay into the system then you have a right to claim from it GOB, if you receive your pension in Spain then you pay tax on it here before it leaves the treasury coffers, the fact that you get a pension means that you have payed tax and NI here all or most of your working life, why the feck shouldn't you come back when you are ill?
Most of the drain on the economy is from the fact that a lot of the rich don't pay tax and a lot of welfare claimants not only claim dole they get rent and the council tax paid and are much better off doing that than working, if all the industries in this country hadn't been closed down and we didn't insist on buying cheap shit from china and India then we could force them to work but here aren't enough jobs for the people that want to work to do so we are stuck with this bullshit unless we have a proper revolution.
Popping at the pensioners living abroad is just plain lazy and shortsighted our country has been mismanaged by a succession of useless governments and brainless comments from the media backed up by a shortsighted public allow them to get away with it. Did you know that MPs wages are set to rise from £66k a year to £75k a year? But carry on and moan about the dolies.
Mad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 am

When we put money into our benefits system it's not like putting money into a bank for us to take out simply when we want it back. It's no longer "ours". It's there as a right for those who need it by falling on hard times in some way.

Yes, it's abused by some people. We will all know someone who has done that. But I'd rather the odd rogue got money they didn't deserve than have 'little people' put off by a labyrinthine or humiliating process of application. For a brief period before I retired part of my job involved helping people get grants and the number of times I pointed out that they could get work done for free if they received the benefit - often pension credit or DLA they were entitled to - only to be met with "I don't want to go through all that.....". Millions of pounds of support goes unclaimed by those deserving people. By all means hunt people cheating the system but don't make it harder for those in need.

I wouldn't do away with royalty. I'd make their jobs available to be applied for. The jobs would be available on a three-year contract. They would be put on the national minimum wage with extras for unsociable hours. They would need a big house to allow for visits from foreign dictators, presidents and sheikhs but the enormous houses they currently own would be either open for the public to view the wonderful architecture, history and wealth of art works hidden there or possibly turned into accommodation for the homeless - I haven't decided yet. Uniforms would be provided by themselves but would obviously be tax-deductible to a level to be agreed. If they open a hospital, factory or whatever and they want a plaque to proclaim how important they are, they will have to pay for that plaque themselves.

I'm working on it.

I'm more angry about the excrescence that is our royal family, their VAST unearned wealth originally stolen from the rest of us and all that goes with it than our so-called benefit scroungers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:07 am

Iggy wrote:
I am getting increasingly wound up that anybody that needs benefits is now known as a scrounger. If you pay into the system then you have a right to claim from it GOB, if you receive your pension in Spain then you pay tax on it here before it leaves the treasury coffers, the fact that you get a pension means that you have payed tax and NI here all or most of your working life, why the feck shouldn't you come back when you are ill?
Most of the drain on the economy is from the fact that a lot of the rich don't pay tax and a lot of welfare claimants not only claim dole they get rent and the council tax paid and are much better off doing that than working, if all the industries in this country hadn't been closed down and we didn't insist on buying cheap shit from china and India then we could force them to work but here aren't enough jobs for the people that want to work to do so we are stuck with this bullshit unless we have a proper revolution.
Popping at the pensioners living abroad is just plain lazy and shortsighted our country has been mismanaged by a succession of useless governments and brainless comments from the media backed up by a shortsighted public allow them to get away with it. Did you know that MPs wages are set to rise from £66k a year to £75k a year? But carry on and moan about the dolies.
Mad 

I have in the past drawn benefits Iggy, I don't consider myself a scrounger.

You're quite right though Iggy, we all have a "right" to claim benefits, hence why there are some pretty wealthy people claiming the benefits that have no need for it.

There were 5 reasons for the creation of the Welfare System to help combat poverty, disease, ignorance, squalor and idleness.

It's basic mathematics really, if people that do not need it claim it, then those of us at the bottom of the chain will not get it when we need it. Hence the now, 7 day wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benefit scroungers.   Benefit scroungers. Empty

Back to top Go down

Benefit scroungers.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: