Dougie
Sir Francis Drake
Dane
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:31 am

Any money being spent on the team this summer? or is it going to be players from the free transfer and loan scrap heap ??
Back to top Go down

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:45 am

I think more will be spent on polish for the trophy cabinet.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:52 am

I'm sure we all want to see good players being recruited but paying £££ in transfer fees, certainly at our level, is a thing of the past in football's post-Bosman world.

Besides which it isn't even necessary. How much did Sturrock spend when he built the team that creamed this division and the one above? Didn't we spend £25k on Trigger and £10k on Norris or similar? It's not transfer fees that matter but wages and why give good money, which will strengthen them and weaken us, to our rivals?

There's an ever-growing list of reasons to be critical of the club but this isn't one of them. It's just a fact of life in League 2.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dougie

Dougie

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:54 am

As far as we know the club has to stand on it's own to feet this year. No more loans from Brent. Only season ticket (how many sold usually being trumpeted from the rooftops. perhaps the Trust can ask as they have done previosly if Brent is talking to them), gate income and other bits and pieces to fund the playing budget.

Was it a sign of desperation that the club made representtion to the football league to get high cash value fixtures against Portsmouth, Exeter and Torquay moved to before the kncoking down of the grandstand watershed.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:57 am

Dougie wrote:
As far as we know the club has to stand on it's own to feet this year.  No more loans from Brent.  Only season ticket (how many sold usually being trumpeted from the rooftops. perhaps the Trust can ask as they have done previosly if Brent is talking to them), gate income and other bits and pieces to fund the playing budget.

Was it a sign of desperation that the club made representation to the football league to get high cash value fixtures against Portsmouth, Exeter and Torquay moved to before the knocking down of the grandstand watershed.

Again, as I see it, that's just sensible business planning. It would have been negligent not to try to get those home games in early. It doesn't seem as though the League was friendly though, does it? Maybe the home/away fixtures could be swapped if the other clubs agree?

I am left wondering whether, if we assume that planning permission is forthcoming, this will impact on the build start date though . They'll say it doesn't but we'll see in due course.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dougie

Dougie

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:06 pm

I agree SFD but if the build does go ahead the club has 'lost' money (could be circa £250,000 and thats potentially a couple of players) for those 3 fixtures and budget accordingly
Back to top Go down

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:35 pm

I cannot see this scheme all getting agreed without at least some hold ups, the cash flow of the club is a major concern for me, this year is one of re building and stabilisation, let's hope we don't have another fire sale next year to pay back the Brent loans.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Who are they going to sell, the squad is hardly worth anything
Back to top Go down

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:10 pm

All the youngsters.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:24 pm

I reckon we could fetch a fee for Nelson, Young, Harvey and Purrington out of the professionals. Maybe Lecointe to a much smaller extent.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:38 pm

The club has received no bids for any of its players according to JS.If Argyle had received any bids then those players would have been sold. The last bid Argyle had was for Christian Walton,and regardless of his potential he was sold.Every player is for sale.The club is skint.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:24 pm

We have such a wonderful reluctant owner. Let him build us a boxed in mini stand as part of his real money making interest and he'll leave the club in the safe hands of the Windsor Boys and their sponsor.
This likely future will only attract the terminally addicted and wannabes.

What a shower of insular, bucket rattling, village shite this club has become.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:52 pm

GreenSam wrote:
I reckon we could fetch a fee for Nelson, Young, Harvey and Purrington out of the professionals. Maybe Lecointe to a much smaller extent.
who the hells gonna pay for them in todays transfer market ?
 honestly sam do you watch plymouth argyle or just follow it on line........ goodness me.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Elias wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
 honestly sam do you watch plymouth argyle or just follow it on line........ goodness me.
Well Harvey I don't need to answer, Purrington I think a lot more will be revealed about over the season.

The other three? Well by all accounts they've been watched before and perhaps that means nothing in this day and age. I don't really think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we could get a fee of some kind albeit not a big one and with emphasis on future add ons rather than immediate cash.
Back to top Go down

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Elias wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:06 pm

When you think of someone like luke summerfield  

what argyle would give to have someone like him in the side now

thats how far they have fallen
Back to top Go down

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:36 pm

just an idea Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

££££££££££££££££££ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ££££££££££££££££££   ££££££££££££££££££ Empty

Back to top Go down

££££££££££££££££££
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: