HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Somewhere Else Argyle?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Somewhere Else Argyle? Empty
PostSubject: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:18 am

Amidst all the blather about capacity and extensions we have finally reached a point where only the most blinkered can propose that Home Park will ever be extended meaning that if Argyle ever does get to be successful it will need to be relocated into a new ground elsewhere or eventual, inevitable failure looms on the horizon.

But what if the club relocates outside of Plymouth? It would then be Saltash Argyle, Ivybridge Argyle, Tavistock Argyle or whatever. Argyle is the biggest and best promoter that the city has, at present, and for it to be allowed to move outside of the city would be a, not unforeseeable, disgrace and a disaster for the city (even though it would be a Godsend for Lee Mill or Ashburton or Liskeard). But if we could move into Cornwall or West Devon or The South Hams then Argyle really could move anywhere.

Are there any guarantees in place that should Argyle ever be forced to relocate that it will do so within the city's boundaries?

I live in Plymouth within walking distance of Home Park, I am as proud of my city, I really am, as anybody else but the logical result of Brent's plan is for a city with nearly 300000 residents being in danger of seeing it's footbal club get franchised away from them. Wakefield Argyle? What other largish cities or towns don't have a league club? Maybe we could forge a new rivalry with the MK Dons! We wouldn't be the largets city in Europe never to have had a top flight football team; we'll be the biggest city in Europe with no football team at all!

Not to mention what the implications of Home Park being empty, rusting, derelict, unwanted and unneeded might be. I suppose it would make a nice Supermarket site because all of the other normal development options will have been taken.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:47 am

Buy up a piece of the yard and have a nice riverside stadium.  Devonport Argyle could work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:56 am

I have thought that this was the long term view all along. Dockside Argyle? We could be called Plymouth Plutonium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:41 am

Iggy wrote:
I have thought that this was the long term view all along. Dockside Argyle? We could be called Plymouth Plutonium.

lol! Just think, no more floodlights - we'd all be glowing in the dark.Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:42 am

Chingers wrote:
Buy up a piece of the yard and have a nice riverside stadium.  Devonport Argyle could work.

Scrap the whole fecking debacle. Build a 30k stadium at Brickfields and ground share with Albion. Job's a good'un.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Cornwall would be ruled out straight away due to the shit roads. Imagine coachloads of cockneys getting stuck behind tractors?

Not having ever lived in Plymouth I don't suppose it would affect me as much if we did have to relocate outside the city, but how far out is acceptable?

Newton Abbot Argyle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:43 pm

There would be a good number of places to put the new stadium in and around plymouth. I read somewhere on that brickfields was a good place!! well its not because in order to build a new football stadium there fit enough for professional football you would have to build on top of the rugby and athletics stadiums and the council wont budge on the athletics one despite letting it rot over recent years. 
Also Beyond the projected 12,500 - 14000 capacity the brickfields could expand too for Albion (8,500 atm 10000 is the minimum requirement for premiership rugby status) they too cant build anymore on top of that because of the carpark, road and the athletics stadium hem it in so Argyle wont be able to do much there either. 

However, i do agree with the Albion moving into Home Park once Argyle vacate as the council wont let that stadium go to rot.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:35 pm

I would build a new Home Park in the city centre as most of the shops are closed. Just move the trading shops from the bottom to the empty lots at the top of town and hey presto there's lots of empty shops at the bottom of town to bulldoze. Lots of roads and parking so that won't be an issue and its not like we need more shops/ food outlets as most are in decline (anyone would be mad in this day and age to try and build more shops/ retail outlets Laughing).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:46 pm

I'd build New Home Park on the Hoe. There's a great big flat area on the top.

Or how about on the old airfield site? That would make it easier for me to get to.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:52 pm

knecht wrote:

Or how about on the old airfield site? That would make it easier for me to get to.

There's also a lighthouse which could be incorporated into the ground Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
knecht wrote:

There's also a lighthouse which could be incorporated into the ground Laughing

Bloody good idea that! I bet nobody's given that any consideration. We'd have to paint it green though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:00 pm

and a few deckchairs for one or two pasb turncoats reps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:03 pm

knecht wrote:

Now that's a bloody good idea, Knecht. We could build a 500,000 stadium with room to spare. Park & ride, Hospital (with a dentistry facilities), several pubs, leisure facilities, Tesco's and Stapleton's house, all close by. Ideal!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Else Argyle?   Somewhere Else Argyle? Empty

Back to top Go down

Somewhere Else Argyle?
Page 1 of 1