Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?

Go down 
+15
mannameadbabe
Sir Francis Drake
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Czarcasm
Freathy
Peggy
GreenSam
Lord Tisdale
green_genie
Mock Cuncher
Tgwu
Dingle
Rickler
greensleeves
pepsipete
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GreenSam

What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013, 13:08

I entirely agree with Jock that the parkland isn't a huge concern for me. I do walk in the park fairly often (need to shift some weight!) but I'm more concerned with making the most out of parkland (aka working group piazza) than I am keeping every inch of grass unscathed. I would rate the concerns as follows:

Capacity= 7 out of 10.
Lack of potential to expand capacity= 10 out of 10.
Lack of income to the club from the development= 7 out of 10.
Access Road= 6 out of 10.

Cinema, Ice Rink, hotel, loss of 6 trees, dentists- no issue with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013, 13:27

Greenjock wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
A lot of people on here and elsewhere are making a big thing about the access to the proposed car park,which is rather pie in the sky.The proposed car park will obviously be pay and display,so what Janner is going to pay to park there when there is a perfectly good car park in the life centre which is free,and another perfectly good car park that is the park and ride car park, which again is absolutely free.Plus there are numerous side streets dotted around HP which are again perfectly free and have been used since time and memorial by Argyle fans.Some people are just clutching at straws in their attempts to disrail the proposed development.Too much traffic.Haha.
But surely there are going to be thousands of extra visitors now to the area as well as the thousands of supporters?

There are only so many side streets these extra visitors can use, and the life-centre car park will be filled up by the early birds.

I've seen lots of comments about Outland Rd already being extremely busy so with the world class sporting centre facilities on offer as well I think you're dismissing a valid concern that many people have. And I'm not looking to de-rail anything. I want the grandstand to be the focus of the whole development and not just something squeezed in wherever it will fit.

nothing brent is building could be described as worldclass. The ice rink is to small to host anything of any vaule.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013, 14:11

"nothing brent is building could be described as worldclass"

Nothing about Muff could ever have been described as world class so why start now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013, 14:19

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Nothing about Muff could ever have been described as world class so why start now?

likewise with Exeter Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 12:25

Pretty much all of it as it stands.
1. The stand is not adequate and is stifled from future expansion. Also the disabled section is a fire hazard. Also the building of roads into the park.
2. Other hotels in the city, and in better locations, are closing so no need for another one.
3. The Vue cinema is very rarely busy so no need for another one. The Reel cinema offers a chance for people to visit the cinema at a reduced rate, but not sure it would be able to compete with a new cinema in its early stages. Or people will still go to the Reel because of costs and therefore Vue and the new cinema will struggle. Also Sky and Virgin are offer new films (on a pay to view basis) much earlier than used to be allowed and at a far cheaper price (for a group of people) than a cinema can offer.
4. The school is against what the covenants are supposedly stating. Also why another school when there has been no uproar from anyone about lack of school places. 
5. The ice rink (Pavilions) is used by only a small percentage of the population. But I am not totally against having an ice rink as long as it is adequate for its intended use (not like the Pavilions) which it is not.
6. The increase in traffic (at least while it is something new, but not sure how long that would last) to a site that already struggles to cope with the traffic that uses it.
7. Whilst I could see the need for a NHS dentist, the park is definately not the place for it
8. The impact that the development will have on the environment. This always has an impact no matter how the developers and planners address it.
9. I may feel the need to add to this soon Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 12:33

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Exeter has a World Class bellend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 12:38

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Those grapes tasting sour Tis?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 12:51

I'm against the ministand the overdevelopment the sheer crapness of the whole scheme,BRENT OUT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 12:58

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Awesome place that Sid James Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 12:59

hairy j wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Awesome place that Sid James Park.

brents version of an ambitious stand would meet City's requirements.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 13:41

Person Of Interest wrote:
No to the hotel.
No to the cinema
No to a school
No to a dentists

Yes to an ice rink but much bigger
Yes to a grandstand but much bigger.

That's where I am, pretty much, except I'm also very unhappy about the roads.

No, Ian and Chris, I haven't put in my objection yet, so you can't get my address. You'll just have to be patient a bit longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 14:59

I'll write my address on my hand and go and show it to him from really fuc king close up then he won't have to bother reading the herald, keep pushing matey.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 15:53

1) obviously the ministand capacity.  Even if the horseshoe could be expanded in future (which it can't -well certainly not within a cost the club could ever afford) I would still object to being fobbed off with a completely substandard stand.
2) Cinema - completely inapropriate for the Park. And we already have the Vue afew miles away.
3) Dentist - I mean what the f***?
4) School- see 3) above
5) Shops - completely inappropriate for the park. Also retail is in decline everywhere as Internet shopping increases.  Shops in city centres are closing at a phenomenal rate
6) Hotel - Central Park is the wrong place completely
7) Eateries - inappropriate for the park
Cool Ice rink - the only bit of this development that makes any sense whatsoever.  However, as I understand the proposed ice rink is too small at 1,500 seats to host professional tournaments and the like
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 16:01

Freathy wrote:
1) obviously the ministand capacity.  Even if the horseshoe could be expanded in future (which it can't -well certainly not within a cost the club could ever afford) I would still object to being fobbed off with a completely substandard stand.
2) Cinema - completely inapropriate for the Park. And we already have the Vue afew miles away.
3) Dentist - I mean what the f***?
4) School- see 3) above
5) Shops - completely inappropriate for the park. Also retail is in decline everywhere as Internet shopping increases.  Shops in city centres are closing at a phenomenal rate
6) Hotel - Central Park is the wrong place completely
7) Eateries - inappropriate for the park
Cool Ice rink - the only bit of this development that makes any sense whatsoever.  However, as I understand the proposed ice rink is too small at 1,500 seats to host professional tournaments and the like

Exactly so why does james brent think its going to change with a few shops in the middle of no where?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 16:17

Are they planned to be shops or good quality catering units?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 17:31

Build a decent capacity Ice Rink (4-5000) coupled with a stated intention to start up a professional Ice Hockey team with aspirations of competing in the National Leagues, and I'd be chuffed to bits. That's the sort of thing that raises a cities profile and would truly leave a lasting positive legacy at HHP.

1500 capacity is simply bizarre. Too big for leisure. Too big even for local galas. Yet woefully inadequate for anything on a National level.

Brent/Akkeron/PCC really are Dumbfucks Inc.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 18:10

It's not just about Argyle but the city as a whole.

HHP is seen as a sporting hub? If so, have it "properly" done.

Get rid of the cinema and mini mall. Why are they needed in a sporting hub?

The same goes for the school and dentistry facilities.

Make the grandstand fit for purpose short to medium term, however ensure that easy, vaible expansion can take place in the future if and when needed.

Build a larger capacity icerink. Why shouldn't Plymouth have an icehockey team sometime in the future? Moreover, why can't the Raiders also be housed in the same building?

Have a plaza type area where fans can meet etc. Together with supporting food and drink outlets it could be a wonderful place. This area could also be used for many other events.

The hotel? No problem for me as I think that it will complement the "sporting hub" wonderfully.

I have read on here that many other areas of the city are crying our for redevelopment. If so, then relocate the mini mall, cinema, school and dentsistry facility and breathe new life into those areas.

I am pro the development however not in its current form. It's all too small and too cramped.

No, I don't live in Plymouth but like to think that I will return one day. I would love to see Plymouth regarded as one of the nicest cities in the UK with some of the best facilities.

There is a real opportunity here for the City of Plymouth to get some really great facilities.

It's just a pity that many people are prepared to accept second rate facilities too easily.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 19:17

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
It's not just about Argyle but the city as a whole.

HHP is seen as a sporting hub? If so, have it "properly" done.

Get rid of the cinema and mini mall. Why are they needed in a sporting hub?

The same goes for the school and dentistry facilities.

Make the grandstand fit for purpose short to medium term, however ensure that easy, vaible expansion can take place in the future if and when needed.

Build a larger capacity icerink. Why shouldn't Plymouth have an icehockey team sometime in the future? Moreover, why can't the Raiders also be housed in the same building?

Have a plaza type area where fans can meet etc. Together with supporting food and drink outlets it could be a wonderful place. This area could also be used for many other events.

The hotel? No problem for me as I think that it will complement the "sporting hub" wonderfully.

I have read on here that many other areas of the city are crying our for redevelopment. If so, then relocate the mini mall, cinema, school and dentsistry facility and breathe new life into those areas.

I am pro the development however not in its current form. It's all too small and too cramped.

No, I don't live in Plymouth but like to think that I will return one day. I would love to see Plymouth regarded as one of the nicest cities in the UK with some of the best facilities.

There is a real opportunity here for the City of Plymouth to get some really great facilities.

It's just a pity that many people are prepared to accept second rate facilities too easily.

That does it for me (and for what it is worth I do live in Plymouth).
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 19:20

Spot on.  That's where I am and I'm happy to put my name, address,  DNA - whatever - to my objection when I get down to putting it together next week.  I am not bullied or cowed by any of Brent or probably more likely Jones' gang.  Feck em I say
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 19:23

Build it & they will come
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 19:55

Noseyparker wrote:
Build it & they will come

Will they though?

The cinema I have no idea, but it doesn't seem to be a growth business..

The Ice skating rink?  I doubt it very much.  I go to the ice rink at least twice a week with my daughter.  The busiest day is Saturday which in HHP case, coincides with football crowds many days of the year. Will skaters bother?  It will be the same crowd that use the current facility after the initial inquisitiveness has worn off. The ice hockey team is a no- no. Brent has already admitted it's a money loser, but he has to complete it as part of his deal.

The retail...  I can't see it being a big attraction or money maker for whoever.  Subway etc is probably the sort of thing that will go there...

The hotel...  I can't see it being a big success, it will probably only survive due to the fact it will have the away football fan business for many weekends  and odd weeknight during the year.  I can't see business men wanting to stay there - why would they? I notice it is not going to be an Akkeron hotel - that tells you something right there!!!

And the grandstand....

When they finally all do come, they will find there is not enough room!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 20:33

Does it not make a complete mockery of the lifecentre and all it stands for and the mandate of central park as a whole by having fast food outlets there and a cinema too?
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2013, 01:18

green_genie wrote:
You're welcome.

The Highways Agency will be another interested party as their initial assessment of extra traffic generated by the site meant they would be assessing impact to Manadon roundabout and Marsh Mills.

Letter included in page 50-1 of transport assessment part 1 doc on PCC planning site is from

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With Morrisons being asked to pay for a roundabout ay Cot Hill don't think JB will be getting away with the half arsed Seagrave Road Improvements.

edir after morning coffee.

The letter makes reference that their traffic calculations didn't include for Argyle matchdays.

I'm sure this lady will be interested to know the real implications om A38 of the predicted capacity of the Odeon cinema at 1800 seats, the Ice Rink at 1500 capacity and Argyle which they have told Highways Agency averages 6,300.

At least a contribution towards improvements on Marsh Mills & Manadon Roundabout as her initial assessment should be in order
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2013, 05:14

Still waiting for the trust to offer its members an online ballot or something to gauge opinion, before 'leading' the opposition if there is a majority in favour of having the plans amended.
At the end of the day, the issues surrounding the whole HHP development are many and varied but as Argyle people, the termination of the club's ability to inspire and expand, has to be the starting and unifying point.The trust must nail its colours to the mast and provide a rallying point.
If this development goes ahead, the club will tell the trust to feck off completely and it will be game over for the trust and for any worthwhile fan representation.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2013, 05:53

The club has told the Trust to feck off already...

The Trust just haven't woken up to the fact yet.

The Trust need to get its act together, and make itself a relevant voice very quickly, or it's game over for them now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next