Dougie
Flat_Track_Bully
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Pre season friendly against Villa... Empty
PostSubject: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:03 am

..or so the deceptive title on the baggo would have you believe. Actually it's Elburton Villa - don't all rush at once to get your tickets!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:11 am

Pre season shaping up nicely. All we need to do is beat them handsomely and sign a tinker tailor soldier spy or fireman and some fans will be positively moist for the new season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:13 am

start off against pub teams and build up im all for that but if this pre season's games are going to mirror last seasons then we're screwed.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:13 pm

I'll be hoping for a draw at the very least, then we can build from there. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Just ticks me off how these non-stories are presented by the marketing team so that they deliberately build up you expectations and then let you down. You see the 'Villa' in the title and suddenly you think that maybe Argyle have gone and got a decent match-up for preseason, only for it to turn out to be some pub team. Same with the 'big announcements' being touted which turn out to be some rubbish about Cheerleaders. It's as if the marketing team are openly contemptuous of us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 1:29 pm

Count the commentary errors!

OK we were lucky that year but from Capello and Real Madrid to Elburton Villa!!!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Now with added Bideford and Clevedon

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:16 pm

I've seen some decent clubs down here play friendlies. West Ham (twice), Spurs (with Gazza), Botafogo, Coventry City (I think they were the cup holders at the time). Now we don't get home friendlies at all.

Elburton Villa! I've played against them and I was even worse than David Worrell.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Sometimes I think maybe it's just my imagination that makes me think everything about the club is shit. But then things like this happen and I KNOW it's not me. Everything about Argyle really IS shite
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:38 pm

What next, a DJM All Star X1, so fecking village.

Think the PR dept are WUM's!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:44 pm

My first Argyle game was a pre-season friendly at home to Aston Villa in 1982, who had won the European Cup at the end of the season before.

It was also the first time that I had an overnight stay in a police cell aged 12 Very Happy

Stick that in the Erald Nool ya fat cont! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:26 am

in my eyes pre season needs a variety of tests in the teams you arrange friendlies with. Start off with the likes of elburton and move up the leagues each game till you get to a premiership/championship team
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:28 am

slight problem which prem team is likely to want to visit plymouth for little reward ...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:07 am

Most of the big Premier League teams go abroad and play in tournaments and get handsomely paid to do so. I don't expect them to be hosting Tottenham every year but we can surely get better opposition than Elburton Villa.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:17 am

As we all know... It's all about the fitness.

And Elburton Villa are just the boys to test us to the limit in that department.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:40 am

The pre season again is absolutely pathetic! both Exeter and Torquay usually get some decent teams down e.g higher leagues. The Grecians already have a fixture with QPR. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:19 am

Seems that the Herald didn't get it exactly right yesterday. There are two lots of fixtures. Clevedon and Bideford are work outs for the Development Squad.

First-team
Tuesday, July 9 v Elburton Villa (7.30pm)
Saturday, July 13 v Tiverton Town (3pm)
Tuesday, July 16 v Bath City (7.45pm)
Sunday, July 21 v MK Dons (home)
Saturday, July 27 v Yeovil (home)

Argyle XI (Development Squad)
Wednesday, July 10 v Torpoint Athletic (7.30pm)
Monday, July 15 v Callington Town (7pm)
Wednesday 17 v Truro City (7.45pm)
Saturday, July 20 v Saltash United (3pm)
Monday, July 22 v Bideford (7.30pm)
Friday, July 26 v Tavistock (7.45pm)
Tuesday, July 30 v Clevedon Town (7.30pm)

Last edited by Angry on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited by admin to include MK Dons and Yeovil games)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Rickler wrote:
As we all know... It's all about the fitness.

And Elburton Villa are just the boys to test us to the limit in that department.
/

your right about it being all about fitness and preparation, however, if the club just want to stay as local as possible like last year with the teams they play than we will look out of shape and ill prepared for league two like we were last season.

here's hoping the calbar of team is improved on for the other 3 pre season games.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:05 pm

ffs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Dougie wrote:
Seems that the Herald didn't get it exactly right yesterday. There are two lots of fixtures. Clevedon and Bideford are work outs for the Development Squad.

First-team
Tuesday, July 9 v Elburton Villa (7.30pm)
Saturday, July 13 v Tiverton Town (3pm)
Tuesday, July 16 v Bath City (7.45pm)
Sunday, July 21 v TBC (home)
Saturday, July 27 v TBC (home)

Argyle XI (Development Squad)
Wednesday, July 10 v Torpoint Athletic (7.30pm)
Monday, July 15 v Callington Town (7pm)
Wednesday 17 v Truro City (7.45pm)
Saturday, July 20 v Saltash United (3pm)
Monday, July 22 v Bideford (7.30pm)
Friday, July 26 v Tavistock (7.45pm)
Tuesday, July 30 v Clevedon Town (7.30pm)

Ooh the Tiverton game is on a Saturday cheers I might pop along and say hi to Cerbera as we're such good mates Razz See if Mr President and Nool want another chat as well where they talk bollocks and blame all the shit on Ponty and 18 year old club employees.

I suppose if the TBC fixtures are against higher league sides then that would be about what we should expect. Althought the Prem teams usually go abroad now they do tend to split the squad and have half playing in the UK, so we might be able to get one attractive game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 2:24 pm

We seem to celebrate being all most revel in it.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Perhaps we should wait and see who the two home games are against before getting too excited about only playing teams like Elburton and Clevedon?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:47 pm

massive teams like truro and mangotsfield
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:52 pm

I will be pleasently supprised if Truro isnt added to the list soon or yeovil as is tradition dont forget the giants of somerset weston super mare!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:38 pm

Do you reckon elburton villa fans? said is that the best we can get lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre season friendly against Villa...   Pre season friendly against Villa... Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre season friendly against Villa...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next