Tgwu
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:44 am

Soon rabbit

Plymouth Argyle close to revealing the identity of their new chief executive

PLYMOUTH Argyle are set to announce the appointment of a new chief executive by the end of June, owner and chairman James Brent has confirmed.

The Pilgrims have agreed terms with someone currently working for another football club at a higher level than them.

According to Brent, the new chief executive will 'provide day-to-day leadership' at Argyle, and will be tasked with generating more non-matchday income.

Brent believes his plans for a new £10 million, 4,800-seat grandstand at Home Park will increase revenue streams coming into the League Two club.

That in turn, he argues, will allow Argyle to build for a successful but sustainable future.

The plans for the new grandstand, which are part of a wider £50m redevelopment of Central Park, were recently submitted to Plymouth City Council.

Argyle have been without a chief executive since Michael Dunford was made redundant by the club's ill-fated former New World regime in July 2009.

Brent told Herald Sport: "We are hoping to announce the appointment by the end of June. Terms have been agreed.

"There are several parts to the role of chief executive.

One is to provide day-to-day leadership at the club and another is to focus on our ambition to become a sustainable club which can progress back up the leagues.

"In terms of doing that, we feel that in (manager) John Sheridan and (general manager) Jason Turner we have good leadership on the football side.

"Much of the focus of the new chief executive will, I suspect, be on generating non-matchday revenue.

"Clearly quite a large part of his time will be spent on making sure we get the most out of the new grandstand."

Brent added: "The person we have chosen is coming from a higher league club.

"The reason he is coming is because he sees the potential for Argyle to be a club performing at a much higher level than it currently is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - axzz2V5vcGkjw
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:11 am

Brent's idea of the CEO's main role.

Brent in Herald Sport wrote:
"We are hoping to announce the appointment by the end of June. Terms have been agreed.

One is to provide day-to-day leadership at the club and another is to focus on our ambition to become a sustainable club which can progress back up the leagues.

"In terms of doing that, we feel that in (manager) John Sheridan and (general manager) Jason Turner we have good leadership on the football side.

"Much of the focus of the new chief executive will, I suspect, be on generating non-matchday revenue.

"Clearly quite a large part of his time will be spent on making sure we get the most out of the new grandstand."

Meaning...

Welcome COMMERCIAL manager!

Geez...
Back to top Go down

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:47 am

"someone working at a football club higher than Argyle"

That could mean the tea lady at Swindon?

Whoever it is it is not a CEO as no-one would take what is clearly spelt out as a sales & marketing position.
Back to top Go down

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:05 am

Pokesdown wrote:
"someone working at a football club higher than Argyle"

That could mean the tea lady at Swindon?

Whoever it is it is not a CEO as no-one would take what is clearly spelt out as a sales & marketing position.

Well that dramatically cuts it down to only 88 clubs......so we know three clubs he/she isn't from.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:56 am

Yep, sounds like a commercial manger to me. A proper CEO role is broader and involves the strategy setting and decision making affecting the direction of the whole club. This appointment is for a narrow commercial role. If brent's abomination of a ministand doesn't get built there would be no role for the commercial manager. This is a joke.

Back to top Go down

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:41 am

Do you worry that Bent may be rushing this? Day to day running of the rudderless ship, not before time, this is a position that needs filling, I will be interested to see who it is.
How much higher league club then? I'm guessing a falling league 1 club.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:46 am

We've hired someone from Dagenham & Redbridge.

ROAR
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:49 am

Seriuzzly, though...

Would the timing of the appointment, made post-ministand plans, be as a result of Brent not wanting to hear an employee tell him what a terrible commercial deal the football club are getting out of this shambles? Any CEO worth their salt would surely kick off at this 'deal' that the football club are getting out of this property shwizz.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:50 am

Tgwu wrote:
Soon rabbit

Plymouth Argyle close to revealing the identity of their new chief executive

PLYMOUTH Argyle are set to announce the appointment of a new chief executive by the end of June, owner and chairman James Brent has confirmed.

The Pilgrims have agreed terms with someone currently working for another football club at a higher level than them.

According to Brent, the new chief executive will 'provide day-to-day leadership' at Argyle, and will be tasked with generating more non-matchday income.

Brent believes his plans for a new £10 million, 4,800-seat grandstand at Home Park will increase revenue streams coming into the League Two club.

That in turn, he argues, will allow Argyle to build for a successful but sustainable future.

The plans for the new grandstand, which are part of a wider £50m redevelopment of Central Park, were recently submitted to Plymouth City Council.

Argyle have been without a chief executive since Michael Dunford was made redundant by the club's ill-fated former New World regime in July 2009.

Brent told Herald Sport: "We are hoping to announce the appointment by the end of June. Terms have been agreed.

"The reason he is coming is because he sees the potential for Argyle to be a club performing at a much higher level than it currently is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - axzz2V5vcGkjw

He says all of that yet is determined to build a small stand that can never be upgraded which counter any talk of "ambition" . Rickler is right brent is appointing an commerical manager. No dount will get a pointless and shite mural to mark his appointment.
Back to top Go down

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:06 am

Commercial managers to do list,
Monday, phone Nikkk.
Tuesday, phone Nikkk.
Wednesday,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Pony Ride

Pony Ride

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:41 am

Freathy wrote:
Yep, sounds like a commercial manger to me. A proper CEO role is broader and involves the strategy setting and decision making affecting the direction of the whole club. This appointment is for a narrow commercial role. If brent's abomination of a ministand doesn't get built there would be no role for the commercial manager. This is a joke.

It all sounds similar to the John Ward fiasco to me, bringing someone in with a title and expecting them to do something else entirely.
Back to top Go down

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:47 am

Especially when the job of phoning Nikkk is being carried out by Nool anyway. I don't know why they want to pay someone else for doing that.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:39 am

gawd i cant stand his smirk... makes him look like a smarmy banker.. ohh..
Back to top Go down

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:00 pm

OK....I'm starting to find this all rather tedious......I can only assume that some of you are out of work Dalek operatives who haven't been decoded......who still have the mind set of......destroy...destroy...destroy...destroy...destroy...destroy...destroy...we must destroy.........I would think even a blade of grass wouldn't grow right for some of you at Home Park........we must destroy...destroy.....and you lot say that sensible is boring......I can only think, if that is the case, he learnt it all from you lot.

Lets just welcome a new CEO.....we haven't had one since 2009 .......and of course one of his priorities will obviously be generating new income when the new Grandstand eventually gets built.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:08 pm

No CEO since MD left? Shite reporting yet again - Michael was made redundant - Tony Campbell wasn't called CEO for that reason, but he was doing the job. Then Keith Todd was doing the job (or not doing the job) but he was a Director so had a different title - then there was Ridsdale who needed a fancier title Chairman of Football Operations but he was doing the job - then post administration we had an Acting CEO, but he was shite - it's only (only???) since December that we have not had someone doing the job.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Strange on another thread a few weeks ago people were moaning about not having a CEO, then as soon as one is arriving they start moaning about that. Brents dammed if he does and dammed if he dont.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:35 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
No CEO since MD left? Shite reporting yet again - Michael was made redundant - Tony Campbell wasn't called CEO for that reason, but he was doing the job. Then Keith Todd was doing the job (or not doing the job) but he was a Director so had a different title - then there was Ridsdale who needed a fancier title Chairman of Football Operations but he was doing the job - then post administration we had an Acting CEO, but he was shite - it's only (only???) since December that we have not had someone doing the job.

Does it really matter?. 7 months without one is long enough.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Hence my sarcastic (only???) - Whoooooosshhhh
Back to top Go down

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:37 pm

125+1 wrote:
Strange on another thread a few weeks ago people were moaning about not having a CEO, then as soon as one is arriving they start moaning about that. Brents dammed if he does and dammed if he dont.

Sort of agree with what your saying. For me reading what Brent is describing it sound more like a commercial manager than a CEO and they are different roles completely.

Depends on who he brings in at the end of the day i guess.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:40 pm

The new CEO will have to be a very different animal to a straight football CEO. He will be expected to oversee the running of a hospitality business that brings in an additional £1 million net profit p.a.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:59 pm

Quote :

Well that narrows it down
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 4:39 pm

The crux of most peoples perceived moans on here, is that a forward thinking football club will go to the uber-extraordinary extent of having a CEO AND a Commercial manager.

Brent is planning on amalgamating the two roles. Any decent level CEO asked to phone around trying to drum up sponsorship deals would tell Brent if he wants the club run properly, appoint a proper Commercial Manager.

The new fella obviously falls in to the bracket of a Jones/Webb/Newell "yes sir James sir" type.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:01 pm

I reckon it will be someone from Bristol city- they will be looking to cut down their office staff after relegtion and Sexton will still have his contacts there.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
The new CEO will have to be a very different animal to a straight football CEO. He will be expected to oversee the running of a hospitality business that brings in an additional £1 million net profit p.a.

One day, I'm hoping to see that the first item on the agenda of PAFC is football.

Unfortunately, I think it may be a long time before that happens.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:58 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

One day, I'm hoping to see that the first item on the agenda of PAFC is football.

Unfortunately, I think it may be a long time before that happens.
Yes but to be fair I don't think we can object to facilities for which the profits go our way. The problem is that there aren't enough retail units going into PAFC's coffers, not that they distract from the football. I wouldn't mind it if the CEO had a remit to run the cinema business as well if it meant the money went into Argyle's bank account rather than Akkeron's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CEO   New CEO Empty

Back to top Go down

New CEO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: