Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only Empty
PostSubject: The Derby Meeting - Betting   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:39 am

Morning All, Working from home today Cool so could do with a nice little interest yankee on the racing from Epsom.

Any tips?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:01 pm

greenjock where are you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptyFri May 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Don't bet on black horses when it's hot, a white one would be a better bet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:17 am

greenjock its epsom today so who is your top tip for the 1600?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:02 am

On all known form Dawn Approach should win comfortably. A perfect 7 out of 7 record and he won the 2,000 Guineas impressively by 5 lengths.

His father, New Approach also won the Derby himself so the pedigree is there.

The only doubt seems to be whether he will last the mile and a half because he's been so speedy over 7 and 8 furlongs, which is what was said about New Approach befoe he won the Derby. The only difference between father and son is that New Approach wasn't quick enough to win the Guineas over a mile, he finished second.

Dawn Approach has been around Even money or slightly odds on ever since winning the Guineas, but worryingly it is drifting severely this morning and you can get 7-4 with Ladbrokes at the moment! That's either the bargain of the year or he might not have been looking good in training this week, maybe even a slight inury?

I'll be backing Battle of Marengo at 6-1 currently, and with Bet Victor they are offering your money back if Dawn Approach wins, up to a maximum of £50. That's a great offer, giving you your money back on losing bets if the hot favourite wins scratch To me it suggests they know something but it's a pretty good safety net if you fancy backing any other horse.

Battle of Marengo has won it's last 5 races fairly comfortably and although it hasn't looked as stylish as the favourite, it has been running over longer distances and looks certain to stay a mile and a half. It's actually beaten some pretty decent horses and it might just be that it's a grinder rather than a flashy superstar.

Aiden O'Brien also trains 5 others apart from Battle of Marengo and Ruler of the World looked really good when it won the Chester Vase, but it didn't beat anything much. It will definitely get the distance.

Mars is another of his who was favourite for the Derby all winter but it didn't run that well in the Guineas, although a mile and a half was always going to be his best distance not the mile.

There's one French runner, Ocavango, who's trainer won the Derby 2 years ago, and could be anything as it's unbeaten, but I think it wanted softer going and it should have dried out come 4pm.

One German runner, Chopin, and although the German horses have never been up to the British and Irish horses, or French come to that, there have been a couple of really top class German horses in the last few years so this could be top class. It was recently bought by a mega rich Arab for big, big money and he then paid out £75,000 to run it here. That's a lot of money but to the oil rich Arabs it might be considered loose change.

So I'm backing Battle of Marengo at 6-1 with Bet Victor because of the money back if Dawn Approach wins offer, but if Dawn Approach is 100% it should win.

I'd give Mars and Chopin eachway chances at around 12-1 and 16-1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:04 am

top write up Jock bounce
i need a top tip on what sandwich to take to cricket today?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:27 am

alannotivvy wrote:
top write up Jock bounce

Well I had chicken and bacon salad last night and it was lovely sat in the garden so if you have the ingredients why not take a tub of salad instead of sarnies? Bit of advocado as well cheers

Middle class to the core Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:28 am

Just heard the William Hills rep on tv say that a lot of money has been placed on Mars from Ireland today so they think that might be the best O'Brien chance at 12-1.

The owners do like a big bet as well so if it goes any shorter then it could be the owners having a huge bet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:29 am

not sure if we get avocado in Tivvy !!! plus it is rather fattening.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:32 am

is that money back deal for ew too with bet victor?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:48 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
is that money back deal for ew too with bet victor?

Yeah if you back a horse say £10 eachway and Dawn Approach wins you would get the win part of your bet back, so £10. You would also still get paid the place part of your bet if your horse comes 2nd or 3rd and get the £10 back if Dawn Approach wins.

It's a belter of a deal really.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:50 am

Bugger I was out most of the day. I had two of the tv race winners as well cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:11 am

I merged the two topics on this subject into this one incase you wondered where your topic went pokesdown.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:15 am

alannotivvy wrote:
top write up Jock bounce

smoked salmon and cucumber or water cress if you don't like cucumber.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:28 am

ive got tuna !!! i'll check some mayo in it as well(well sophisticated),
the dog can have doggy choc buttons and chicken strip things.

Panama hat and bottle of cider sorted.
Big game today.
Thanks for all the advice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only   Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only Empty

Back to top Go down

Greenjock's hot tips (betting) 18+ only
Page 1 of 1