The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here's One Way to Early Retirement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Here's One Way to Early Retirement Empty
PostSubject: Here's One Way to Early Retirement   Here's One Way to Early Retirement EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:43 pm

From The London Times: A Well-Planned Retirement

And........................... A perfect example of government mismanagement.

Outside England 's Bristol Zoo there is a parking lot for 150 cars and 8 buses. For 25 years, it’s parking fees were managed by a very pleasant attendant. The fees were for cars (£1.40),for buses (about £7).

Then, one day, after 25 solid years of never missing a day of work, he just didn't show up; so the Zoo Management called the City Council and asked it to send them another parking agent.

The Council did some research and replied that the parking lot was the Zoo's own responsibility.

The Zoo advised the Council that the attendant was a City employee.

The City Council responded that the lot attendant had never been on the City payroll.

Meanwhile, sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain or France or Italy ... is a man who'd apparently had a ticket machine installed completely on his own and then had simply begun to show up every day, commencing to collect and keep the parking fees, estimated at about £560 per day -- for 25 years.

Assuming 7 days a week, this amounts to just over 7 million pounds ... and no one even knows his name. Class!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Here's One Way to Early Retirement   Here's One Way to Early Retirement EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Heard that one before. Great effort if true !
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Here's One Way to Early Retirement   Here's One Way to Early Retirement EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Does Home Park have a spare car park? Oh wait.......... with your diminishing crowds, it would take a lot longer than 25 years, and I ain't got that long lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Here's One Way to Early Retirement   Here's One Way to Early Retirement EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Does Home Park have a spare car park? Oh wait.......... with your diminishing crowds, it would take a lot longer than 25 years, and I ain't got that long lol!

Just settle down mate. You know what a c*nt Naps made of himself on Exeweb. Then again, can't deny you your day in the sun. Carry on. Enjoy. We deserve it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's One Way to Early Retirement   Here's One Way to Early Retirement EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Maybe that was the ruse Tony Campbell was trying on when all sorts of rumours were flying around a t how the club were trying to cahrge for ar parking in a municipal park that has always been free.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Here's One Way to Early Retirement   Here's One Way to Early Retirement EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:24 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Maybe that was the ruse Tony Campbell was trying on when all sorts of rumours were flying around a t how the club were trying to cahrge for ar parking in a municipal park that has always been free.

I'll not have a word said against that man- he was a true argyle fan that bought me a diet coke in the business lounge and told tales of a 46k capacity Home Park featuring the likes of Messi and Ronaldo. I ignore the fact that he played a big part in ruining 2 football clubs pig jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's One Way to Early Retirement   Here's One Way to Early Retirement Empty

Back to top Go down

Here's One Way to Early Retirement
Page 1 of 1