Go down 
+3
GreenSam
GreenWhiteBlack
Greenskin
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Ambition = No Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Bristol Rovers:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Argyle:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Last time Rovers averaged over 20000 in a season was 1958.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Last time Rovers averaged over 20000 in a season was 1958.

Build it big, show ambition and they will come, Rovers new stadium will be 23,000, people use history as a yardstick too much, very narrow minded indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:54 pm

if Bristol Rovers can have a stadium like that it makes a even bigger mockery of our new stand.

Millionaire brent is feckin the club over yet the idiots close to him will do nothing but praise him. Grow a pair ian and chris and prove your actually fans of the football club and not the perkd of the champagne lifestyle being close to the owner allows you.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:12 pm

depresses me, what a pair of spineless individuals
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:23 pm

So despite Rovers not having a 20,000+ attendance since 1958 they've still gone big with this plan.

A club with real ambition.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Yea Man wrote:
So despite Rovers not having a 20,000+ attendance since 1958 they've still gone big with this plan.

A club with real ambition.

Indeed so.I do believe Brentford and Southend have similar ideas for the future as well.Could be the making of Rovers,their fortunes haven't really been on the up since they left Eastville,they've led a wandering existence in the last couple of decades-Twerton Park and The Mem are not what you'd call grounds which are truly up to football league standards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 7:05 am

I've always thought Rovers and City should ground share. That image says one thing to me - The Ricoh Arena, The Riverside - fine if you're in the top flight, not fine if you're in the bottom two divisions. Rovers have always been the little club in Bristol so I'm not sure why they'd consider it. It's also just a rendering.

I want a bigger stand with a bigger capacity - even Newell wants that FFS. What I don't want is to have an out of town stadium that looks like every one else's. 25,000 capacity for me would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Posted this on Pasoti, thought it'd be relevant here too:

Bristol Rovers have recently announced planning for a stadium of 20,000. They join Southend in the ranks of League Two clubs doing so and they also join Swansea, Hull and Brighton who all had plans for their stadiums when they were in this tier. Is it really a case of 'everyone's out of place except our Jonny'? The latter three have all got to either the Premier League or closer to it than we've ever been (Brighton). Obviously they didn't consider it pie in the sky, unrealistic or too big for where we are now? And yes I know I'm being bloody repetitive myself but Rovers decision to plan for a 20k stand just restates the case even stronger in my opinion. What do BRFC, SUFC, SCFC, HCFC & BHAFC all have that Argyle don't? Why is it pie in the sky or dreamers talk for us to say it should be bigger when those 5 clubs all did the same when they were (are) in a very similar position to the one we're in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:09 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Posted this on Pasoti, thought it'd be relevant here too:

Bristol Rovers have recently announced planning for a stadium of 20,000. They join Southend in the ranks of League Two clubs doing so and they also join Swansea, Hull and Brighton who all had plans for their stadiums when they were in this tier. Is it really a case of 'everyone's out of place except our Jonny'? The latter three have all got to either the Premier League or closer to it than we've ever been (Brighton). Obviously they didn't consider it pie in the sky, unrealistic or too big for where we are now? And yes I know I'm being bloody repetitive myself but Rovers decision to plan for a 20k stand just restates the case even stronger in my opinion. What do BRFC, SUFC, SCFC, HCFC & BHAFC all have that Argyle don't? Why is it pie in the sky or dreamers talk for us to say it should be bigger when those 5 clubs all did the same when they were (are) in a very similar position to the one we're in?

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:25 pm

GreenSam wrote:
What do BRFC, SUFC, SCFC, HCFC & BHAFC all have that Argyle don't?

Well they are all bigger clubs than you and are not based in backward ass shitty little towns like Scummuff.

How's that for a start?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Well they are all bigger clubs than you and are not based in backward ass shitty little towns like Scummuff.

How's that for a start?

lol! lol! lol!

That was a joke, wasn't it?

I guess if Sam's question read "what do BRFC, SUFC, SCFC, HCFC & BHAFC all have that CITY don't?"....a stadium that isn't so tinpot and feckin pathetic that a wall falls down in it.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

How's that for a start?
Southend and Bristol Rovers bigger clubs than us? Don't make me laugh. I'd say we're exactly on a par with Brighton, Hull and Swansea too or at least we could be if we capitalised on the opportunities that they did at the right time. The potential was and is there.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:58 pm

league positions show different Sammy boy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Elias wrote:

In the premier league Swansea finished 9th and Newcastle 16th. Obviously Swansea are by far the bigger team.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:45 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Elias wrote:

In the premier league Swansea finished 9th and Newcastle 16th. Obviously Swansea are by far the bigger team.
To be fair, I think Elias agrees with me on the wider issue of capacity and failure to capitalize at board level as it's a point he too has made before. Perhaps the point of my post was mistaken: I'm just using it as yet another reason why the stand ought to be bigger!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:47 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

How's that for a start?

jog on are they
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:52 pm

i think the need is to substitute' bigger' to , simply 'better'
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:11 am

Oh look - Brentford are looking to build a 20000 seat stadium after deciding that the initial proposal of 15000 is too small.

Brentford plans

This is what gets me, clubs like Bristol Rovers and Brentford are intertwined with Argyle. We've played against these two clubs more than any other over the course of our history. Their ebbs and flows mirror ours and yet our club wants to move forward with a lesser plan. I would never presume to say we are a bigger club than either of these two, it's cock-waving when all is said and done, but however you look at it Brentford are a lower-league London side, Rovers the slightly smaller in a dual-club city, while we reside as a league outpost. All so very different but more similar than we may care to admit.

And through it all I get the overriding feeling that whatever the pro-plans say it won't be Brent that has to worry about any expansion - he'll be long gone by then.

Thank you for letting me rant.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:25 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Elias wrote:

last season swansea were the better team, i was looking at the final table 2005-2006 when we finished above Derby, QPR, Sheff weds, Burnley, Ipswich, Leicester, Hull & Brighton we were better than those sides then but NOT bigger than them beacuse we finished higher!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ambition = No Ambition   Ambition = No Ambition Empty

Back to top Go down

Ambition = No Ambition
Page 1 of 1