downthetrack

downthetrack

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Gone from Wigan,off to the toffees no doubt
Back to top Go down

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:01 pm

I think he'll do ok. He advocates playing the ball on the ground being Spanish, but has been in Britain long enough to be well versed with the English game.

Everton have a great squad too so unless Moyes raids Everton for their players he should do ok.

Baffles me why no-one with big money has bought Everton. Big crowds, good squad and bags more potential than most clubs.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Don't think saint Bill will sell it to any tom, dick or Russian or Yank or Towel.
Back to top Go down

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:54 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Don't think saint Bill will sell it to any tom, dick or Russian or Yank or Towel.

I don't think he can afford to be choosy.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I think he'll do ok. He advocates playing the ball on the ground being Spanish, but has been in Britain long enough to be well versed with the English game.

Everton have a great squad too so unless Moyes raids Everton for their players he should do ok.

Baffles me why no-one with big money has bought Everton. Big crowds, good squad and bags more potential than most clubs.

I think the fact they'd have to move on from Goodison to fulfill their potential is a stumbling point. It's a fantastic traditional English football ground, (saw that cnut Graeme Sharpe break Summers leg there many moons ago) but unless an Abramovich style oligarch or arab fancies throwing tens of millions at them, they'll always be hampered by sub-40k crowds and limited commercial income.

What's an Emirates Stadium style development cost these days? £100m plus, probably. That's a big commitment for anyone to take on.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Nah all they need is an extra stand to hold 4700 then they'll be fine farao
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm pretty sure Goodison holds 40,000 and is pretty much sold out or about capacity every game. They've recently had European football and were in the hunt for a CL game right up until the last minute.

With their squad currently that looks pretty attractive to me, especially when you think that Randy Lerner spent a bloody fortune on Villa not that long ago and their crowds are shit year in year out. They're also only in the PL due to Benteke who's bound to leave soon.

I also think when push comes to shove that Liverpool and Everton could get a new stadium to share which would probably be 50-60,000.

Am I not tempting you Czarcy? Get the stash from under your bed and go see Mr Kenright?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:43 pm

Nah, my tolerance level for the scouse accent red-lines after about 30 seconds. Razz

Everton are a great club, but Goodison is severely outdated and I've got better things to spend my millions on, like camping and beer... drunken
Back to top Go down

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Fantastic attacking and mid-fielding managerial skills, catastrophic defending.

I suppose maybe he'll have a little more money at Everton though, meaning he can build a better defence
Back to top Go down

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Fantastic attacking and mid-fielding managerial skills, catastrophic defending.

I suppose maybe he'll have a little more money at Everton though, meaning he can build a better defence

Very tempted to edit your post and put English and League each side of defence then ban you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyWed May 29, 2013 1:15 pm

EDL Mashed
Back to top Go down

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Apparently (according to an Everton fan I know) a group of fans managed to gather information regarding the clubs accounts, to discover £26 million a year going out of the club unaccounted for, so there will be no chance of the owners getting rid of that lol

of course if it is true

But I will say the ground is always full (with a large contingent of season ticket holders) and with a large sum coming from the premiership, plus the fact that Moyes has probably made money in the transfer market (don't know for sure) it does make you wonder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Martinez. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martinez.   Martinez. Empty

Back to top Go down

Martinez.
Page 1 of 1