HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Camping on the Jurassic Coast.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Camping on the Jurassic Coast. Empty
PostSubject: Camping on the Jurassic Coast.   Camping on the Jurassic Coast. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:41 am

Today I shall mostly be scouring Camping websites trying to find a site somewhere roughly between Bridport and Weymouth that...

a)isn't already full - planning on going tomorrow
b)has a bar or is in easy walking distance of a nice pub
c)preferably (but not essentially) coastal
d)doesn't plan on ripping me off for two or three nights under canvas.

Anyone stayed anywhere in this part of the world that comes recommended?
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Camping on the Jurassic Coast.   Camping on the Jurassic Coast. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:43 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Today I shall mostly be scouring Camping websites trying to find a site somewhere roughly between Bridport and Weymouth that...

a)isn't already full - planning on going tomorrow
b)has a bar or is in easy walking distance of a nice pub
c)preferably (but not essentially) coastal
d)doesn't plan on ripping me off for two or three nights under canvas.

Anyone stayed anywhere in this part of the world that comes recommended?
There are some good sites around the West Bay area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camping on the Jurassic Coast.   Camping on the Jurassic Coast. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:49 am

I've stayed a bit further over in Swanage a few times. Some decent sites there and lots of decent pubs. Stayed there in August as well and it's cheap as fook.

If that's not too far away from where you were aiming for, its right at the end of the Jurassic coast, I'll try and remember the site name. Not right next door to a pub and doesn't have a bar on the site but if your'e taking the kids it's got a steam train line to Corfe Castle which is a good place to visit.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Camping on the Jurassic Coast.   Camping on the Jurassic Coast. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:25 am

Greenjock wrote:
I've stayed a bit further over in Swanage a few times. Some decent sites there and lots of decent pubs. Stayed there in August as well and it's cheap as fook.

If that's not too far away from where you were aiming for, its right at the end of the Jurassic coast, I'll try and remember the site name. Not right next door to a pub and doesn't have a bar on the site but if your'e taking the kids it's got a steam train line to Corfe Castle which is a good place to visit.

Yeah, may have to consider a bit further east too. Swanage or Wareham? possibly. If you can recall the name of the site, let me know. Needs to have leccy hook up tho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camping on the Jurassic Coast.   Camping on the Jurassic Coast. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:42 am

http://www.shorefield.co.uk/Our-Parks/Swanage-Coastal-Park/Camping-and-Touring.aspx

Great views and a nice little town. The campsite is up on a hill so you can see right over to the Isle of Wight on a clear day. Beach isn't too bad and the carnival week later in the year is brilliant. Loads of stuff to do, live bands all week, a fair, red arrows display last year and fireworks once a week. Really enjoyed it there both times we've been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camping on the Jurassic Coast.   Camping on the Jurassic Coast. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:50 am

I have a friend that camps up that way a lot, Durdle Door is one of them but he knows a campsite next to a pub near a beach, he's one of us, I will see if I can raise him today and get a name for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camping on the Jurassic Coast.   Camping on the Jurassic Coast. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:04 am

I camped up that way a few years back at a place called Greenhill Camping. It's not on the coast but not too far from it and it was well placed in the New Forest. You will have to put up with Crane Flies though, apparently the fields are infested with their eggs and they seem to take to the air in their millions, but if you can handle that then it's a good site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camping on the Jurassic Coast.   Camping on the Jurassic Coast. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:12 am

After this rain there will be millions of the bleeders.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Camping on the Jurassic Coast.   Camping on the Jurassic Coast. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Cheers for the info fellas. Looks like we may just get in the car, drive, and see where we end up.

The youngest is almost wetting her pants in excitement 'cos her mums promised her that we'll see where Broadchurch was filmed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camping on the Jurassic Coast.   Camping on the Jurassic Coast. Empty

Back to top Go down

Camping on the Jurassic Coast.
Page 1 of 1