Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Champions League Final

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Champions League Final Empty
PostSubject: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Looking forward to this. Shared a couple of ales with some Dortmund fans yesterday at London Bridge so have stuck a cheeky twenty on them winning the cup via any method at 2/1. They've been having a great time in London.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 5:54 pm

i too put a few quid on them winning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 6:13 pm

yup - me too. Think they could do it in 90.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 7:17 pm

Whenever I watch Dortmund at home I yearn for a home atmosphere like that. A yellow wall of safe terracing with 80,000 fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Tote sport have a good offer. If you back the first goalscorer and that person goes on to score 2 your price is doubled, scores 3 and your price is trebled and so on.

As far as the game goes Dortmund are slightly overpriced imo but I can't get away from the league stats and Bayern have won the league by miles. On that basis I reckon it will go to extra-time and maybe penalties with Bayern winning.

I reckon it will be a good game and a brilliant atmosphere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Whenever I watch Dortmund at home I yearn for a home atmosphere like that. A yellow wall of safe terracing with 80,000 fans.

chris and FV are trying their best to steal as many ideas from them as possible but failing miserably.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Great start, highly watchable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:09 pm

The skills of German football are underestimated and are often very watchable.
Physicality with terrific ability, and rather a lot of confidence that is very helpful in any competitive sport. But don't get me wrong, I prefer the British football model as epitomised by THE Liverpool team along time ago.
I'm delighted the tippy tappy 5-a-side of Barcelona has finally been found out for what it was. It doesn't take long. Messi is one of the all time greats, no doubt, like Pele and Cruyff, but outside of him, they were no total football team, and they were no 1970 Brazil.
I rarely watch TV football these days being a Sky undesirable and finding the modern game far too boring, so will watch this game with interest anew... a few good players on show.
Maybe the game has moved on. Maybe it hasn't. My own limited personal record playing against German teams is P2 W1 D1 L0. They didn't like it, but bless 'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:30 pm

im watching the boxing atm may aswell get my moneys worth out of sky charging for frochvs kessler bout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Like you Penz I watch very little televised football being skyless and with young children. Having met some Dortmund fans yesterday I cashed in a voucher from the wife for this one and I'm glad I did. Great first half, really enjoyed it. Seems to have the skill of Spain combined with the intensity of the British game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 9:16 pm

I'm either intoxicated by the rare opportunity to watch live football or this is one great game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Class game. Shame for Dortmund and typical of Robben, misses chance after chance but makes one and scores the winner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 9:38 pm

You're intoxicated by all those flashing colours Pokey.
A reasonable game, not bad.. seen worse. Thought Clark Kent was worth the entrance money as one of the touchline managers... what is that all about ?
No surprise with Robben being the difference. An underrated player. When the likes of he, Modrich, Ronaldo etc embarked on the big emigration from the Premiership, you knew the balance of European power was slowly shifting.

Last edited by worried of penzance on Sat May 25, 2013 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 9:38 pm

i didnt watch it i was havng a snooze watching tony bellew try and box but its a shame Dortmund lost they are a fantastic club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Interesting choice of "regimental" sarongs worn by the winning multi national Bayern boys, all tied very neatly. Anyone would think there was a bit of stage managed German European unity going on there... perish the thought politics would infiltrate German sport.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:43 am

worried of penzance wrote:
The skills of German football are underestimated and are often very watchable.
Physicality with terrific ability, and rather a lot of confidence that is very helpful in any competitive sport. But don't get me wrong, I prefer the British football model as epitomised by THE Liverpool team along time ago.
I'm delighted the tippy tappy 5-a-side of Barcelona has finally been found out for what it was. It doesn't take long. Messi is one of the all time greats, no doubt, like Pele and Cruyff, but outside of him, they were no total football team, and they were no 1970 Brazil.
I rarely watch TV football these days being a Sky undesirable and finding the modern game far too boring, so will watch this game with interest anew... a few good players on show.
Maybe the game has moved on. Maybe it hasn't. My own limited personal record playing against German teams is P2 W1 D1 L0. They didn't like it, but bless 'em.

Agree. The Liverpool side of 87-88 was one of the best ever. Then they spoilt it by re-signing rush.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final Empty

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final
Page 1 of 1