HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park   Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:00 pm

It has been brought to the Trust's attention that the online petition currently circulating which opposes the development of a Hotel at Higher Home Park has been hijacked by the use of a number of false names and details. One name that has been falsely added to the petition is that of AFT Chair Andy Symons.

The Trust, and Andy, would like to make it clear that Andy has not signed the petition, and has no intention of doing so. Andy's name has clearly been added to the petition by someone who seeking to discredit the Trust and its Chairman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park   Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:06 pm

1/1 odds on who that was!

idiots
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park   Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:38 pm

No wonder certain people are bored with agendas, there's so many of them about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park   Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park EmptyMon May 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:
It has been brought to the Trust's attention that the online petition currently circulating which opposes the development of a Hotel at Higher Home Park has been hijacked by the use of a number of false names and details. One name that has been falsely added to the petition is that of AFT Chair Andy Symons.

The Trust, and Andy, would like to make it clear that Andy has not signed the petition, and has no intention of doing so. Andy's name has clearly been added to the petition by someone who seeking to discredit the Trust and its Chairman.

I hope the evidence is kept, it will be handy to show the Councillors how Brent's boys operate.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park   Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park EmptyMon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

I didn't realise the petition was started by the Friends Of Central Park-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On April 23rd they posted (on facebook)-

Quote :
Lots happening! Many meetings and lots of listening and commenting. The Akkeron proposal as it stands will have serious consequences for the park and even Argyle. Watch this space as plan how we can seriously oppose it now.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park   Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park EmptyMon May 20, 2013 3:47 pm

...and this in March (I didn't realise the lifecentre mud mountains were still there)-
Quote :
The proposed Home Park development will cover an area twice the size of the Life Centre, all of it being as tall as the highest point of the Life Centre. The hotel, on the lowest part of the site right at the heart of the park in Zoo Field, will be the tallest building, looming over the park. The total developed area will now stretch from the previous edge of the park at Milehouse junction past Home Park stadium into Zoo Field, a distance of nearly three-quarters of a mile! The new development will have a total square footage three or four times that of the Life Centre and will dwarf it. The visual and physical impact will overwhelm what is left of the park. Furthermore, the council has no plans to remove the two mountains of spoil from the Life Centre development that still render those fields unusable. The council's Central Park Masterplan seeks to carve up the rest of the park into 'stakeholder' areas. There will be very little open space for people to simply walk across or use informally. Plymouth City Council appears to have forgotten something in its plans for Central Park. That something is Green Open Space. Is it too much to ask for in the city's 'Green Lung' park? I don't think so! People should write to or email the council's planning department to voice their concerns about the Masterplan, lobby their MP to bring in legislation to protect urban green spaces and object to the planning application for the Home Park development when it is published next month. If we sit back and do nothing there will be no park at all in ten years' time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park   Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:11 pm

I really cannot believe that Brenty is attempting this crude and hideous development monster. Even if I had no Argyle connection I would be furious about it it's disgusting that he is even attempting it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park   Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:57 pm

So the "not 7 storey at all" hotel will be the tallest building and will loom over the park.

I did read something earlier about PCC receiving 50% of any profit over 15% of the developers profit, but I don't know if that was agreed on eventually. It was in the valuation of Home Park carried out on behalf of PCC.

If this is the case it's easy to see why Brent is trying to keep costs as low as possible and shows why PCC might not be in any hurry to oppose the plans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park   Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:59 pm

If I remember rightly, the requirement to use the existing 'spoil heaps' was written into the purchase agreement.

Though, if they're building an underground car-park all of that spoil will have to go somewhere.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park   Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park Empty

Back to top Go down

Online Petition - Hotel Development at Higher Home Park
Page 1 of 1