Mock Cuncher
Fresh-Prince
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fresh-Prince

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:26 pm

Hello ATD.
Have been seeing so much badmouthing of this place that I thought I'd come and see what all the fuss was about.
In truth the name had a certain appeal; 'Democratic' - implying freedom of expression, the right to a voice - which is exactly what is being denied to Plymouth Argyle supporters at this moment in time.
Which leads me on to one of many concerns that I have at present that I wanted to air, this chiefly being the very sinister communications policy that the club seem to have adopted. A big criticism of the Todd / Gardner regime whilst it was in its death throws was the lack of transparency. In rode the wet eyed Brent on his white charger 'Integrity' his flag-bearers ahead of him expounding his virtuousness.
Sadly, rather than an improvement in communication I actually find the way information is being given to the fan-base to be tainted with more than a hint of skulduggery.
It seems that Brent favours an approach of 'testing the water' whenever a contentious piece of news needs releasing into the public domain.
The prime example is obvious the ministand. First we get given a black and white line-drawing of a single-tier structure that was so laughably bereft of detail that my suspicions were immediately aroused. It was no shocker to me when 24 hours later we had a glossy version and detailed plans for a 2 tier construction. This seems to be Brent's tactic - the 'see what I can get away with' approach. 1.) release sketchy details of a mini-mini-stand to gauge reaction. 2.) In response to adverse reaction immediately roll out 'improved' design and appear ever the philanthropist.
There is no way that a team of Architects converted that abomination of a first design into its current incarnation in that amount of time - and I tell you now if the reaction hadn't have been so severe to the 1st design and he'd felt confident that he could deflect criticism then that's what we would be getting.
Same with the road - the magical moving road. You know the one, it appears to spell the strangulation of the stadium - there is nary a word said about it in any of the 'expansion' blurb that the Brent team have tried to appease the dissenters with until suddenly, at 9 o'clock one evening one of his go-to guys states that it can definitely be moved to allow expansion.
This revelation strikes me as odd not only in its timing. If it is a fact that the road can now magic itself back if needs be then why do all the horseshoe extension blue-prints show some extremely convoluted structural changes like an over-hanging upper tier on the popular side - surely if the road can be moved at the drop of a hat then extending the Lyndhurst upwards wouldn't have to necessitate this type of overhanging design....just thinking out loud - somebody else with an engineering background may be able to debunk me there.
Same also with the McCormick situation - (1.) test the water, put out some generic tosh about how we're not talking to him but the manager would b supported if we do (2.) monitor Akkeron's favourite market research tool - PASOTI (3.) Wheel out the 'Dogs of Spin' (or Spindogs if you prefer) if there is dissention in the ranks.
No? Am I just being paranoid?
As for the Spindogs, they're copping a lot of flack but in a way I can't blame them for their zeal - they are being used as pawns (could we say PRAWNS FOR PAWNS works in lieu of CASH FOR QUESTIONS?). Brent may not yet fully grasp the offside rule but he sure knows how to get people onside.
Please some-one tell me I'm just being overly paranoid and that really Mr Brent is the wet-eyed Walter Softy, man of the fans that some people would have us believe he is and that he wouldn't possibly use such scurrilous tactics as the ones outlined above.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Iiiiiin west Philadelphia born an raised,
in the playground is where I spent most of ma daze
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air"
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:41 pm

There I was, sweating my bollocks off out cutting 2 foot long grass when I came in for a lager and to take 5 and I see that another new user pops up with an excellent and in my opinion, spot on post.

Sadly Fresh Prince you will find very few on here that will tell you that you are being paranoid, your views will I believe reflect that vast majority of not only the Plymouth Argyle Supporters on the Internet, but also those that are not on the Internet and as well as a great many citizens of Plymouth and beyond.

Welcome to ATD Fresh Prince.
Back to top Go down

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Fresh-Prince wrote:
Hello ATD.
Have been seeing so much badmouthing of this place that I thought I'd come and see what all the fuss was about.
In truth the name had a certain appeal; 'Democratic' - implying freedom of expression, the right to a voice - which is exactly what is being denied to Plymouth Argyle supporters at this moment in time.
Which leads me on to one of many concerns that I have at present that I wanted to air, this chiefly being the very sinister communications policy that the club seem to have adopted. A big criticism of the Todd / Gardner regime whilst it was in its death throws was the lack of transparency. In rode the wet eyed Brent on his white charger 'Integrity' his flag-bearers ahead of him expounding his virtuousness.
Sadly, rather than an improvement in communication I actually find the way information is being given to the fan-base to be tainted with more than a hint of skulduggery.
It seems that Brent favours an approach of 'testing the water' whenever a contentious piece of news needs releasing into the public domain.
The prime example is obvious the ministand. First we get given a black and white line-drawing of a single-tier structure that was so laughably bereft of detail that my suspicions were immediately aroused. It was no shocker to me when 24 hours later we had a glossy version and detailed plans for a 2 tier construction. This seems to be Brent's tactic - the 'see what I can get away with' approach. 1.) release sketchy details of a mini-mini-stand to gauge reaction. 2.) In response to adverse reaction immediately roll out 'improved' design and appear ever the philanthropist.
There is no way that a team of Architects converted that abomination of a first design into its current incarnation in that amount of time - and I tell you now if the reaction hadn't have been so severe to the 1st design and he'd felt confident that he could deflect criticism then that's what we would be getting.
Same with the road - the magical moving road. You know the one, it appears to spell the strangulation of the stadium - there is nary a word said about it in any of the 'expansion' blurb that the Brent team have tried to appease the dissenters with until suddenly, at 9 o'clock one evening one of his go-to guys states that it can definitely be moved to allow expansion.
This revelation strikes me as odd not only in its timing. If it is a fact that the road can now magic itself back if needs be then why do all the horseshoe extension blue-prints show some extremely convoluted structural changes like an over-hanging upper tier on the popular side - surely if the road can be moved at the drop of a hat then extending the Lyndhurst upwards wouldn't have to necessitate this type of overhanging design....just thinking out loud - somebody else with an engineering background may be able to debunk me there.
Same also with the McCormick situation - (1.) test the water, put out some generic tosh about how we're not talking to him but the manager would b supported if we do (2.) monitor Akkeron's favourite market research tool - PASOTI (3.) Wheel out the 'Dogs of Spin' (or Spindogs if you prefer) if there is dissention in the ranks.
No? Am I just being paranoid?
As for the Spindogs, they're copping a lot of flack but in a way I can't blame them for their zeal - they are being used as pawns (could we say PRAWNS FOR PAWNS works in lieu of CASH FOR QUESTIONS?). Brent may not yet fully grasp the offside rule but he sure knows how to get people onside.
Please some-one tell me I'm just being overly paranoid and that really Mr Brent is the wet-eyed Walter Softy, man of the fans that some people would have us believe he is and that he wouldn't possibly use such scurrilous tactics as the ones outlined above.

Welcome to ATD a small uncensored and fully democratic oasis of truth in a sea of lies, corruption and deceit.
Bloody good post Btw
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Welcome F-P, great 1st post.

If it is paranoia then it's contagious - more likely it is the way things are right now.
Back to top Go down

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:50 pm

A great post indeed, not boring or offensive are you sure your on the right forum? lol!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 7:17 pm

no paranoia, you see it as it is. welcome aboard sailor
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 7:41 pm

Welcome FP. I like the cut of your jib.

Do you really live in Bel Air?
Back to top Go down

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:11 pm

If you're paranoid join the club Very Happy

BTW I'm not really your biggest fan. Not the best actor or singer but I did enjoy you in Ali and I've seen three-quarters of the film where it's just you and your dog and some mutants, but don't tell me the rest because I have it recorded and I'm anxious to see the end and be happy that the lovely alsation companion of yours makes it right to the end and lives with you and the woman who turns up, happily ever after.

Welcome to Jazzy Jeff as well if he's with you.
Back to top Go down

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes you're paranoid. I think you are a pasoti plant with a new tactic.

Well someone had to say it or it wouldn't be welcoming to a new poster would it.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Yes you're paranoid. I think you are a pasoti plant with a new tactic.
My honest first thought is that each and every new poster is a PASOTI plant programmed and meticulously trained with the solitary and unwavering goal ter sink the good ship ATD. Most of the time they just abait manage to maintain their seemingly unflappable poise until about the 20th post mark, and by then the wheat is well and truly sorted from the chaff and any BREACH of our STURDY de-fences (which basically amaint to Yea Man on crack ffs) is just ignored and we hope it goes away.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:58 pm

Huh I am miffed not one of you lot have done this yet albino

Welcome the the forum good post Fresh-Prince
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:24 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Welcome F-P, great 1st post.

If it is paranoia then it's contagious - more likely it is the way things are right now.

Ha ha ha ha ! Whenever questions are raised, brent's jamboys wail,' Conspiracy theorists !'

Brent has conned these dimwits with silly hats and delusions of grandeur.

He'll drop them from his 'real friends' list at the first opportunity, once he has made his money.

He must be stopped. The baby faced assassin of PAFC.

Back to top Go down

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:31 am

Welcome to the meatgrinder Fresh Prince - not been a week here myself but I find it quite illuminating & refreshing after Pyongyang Palace!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:53 am

any chance you can fix my rattling fridge?
everyone else is useless on here
Back to top Go down

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:26 pm

alannotavvy a solution for you. Switch it off on the wall and unplug it. I promise it will not rattle again. Oh! and then buy a new one.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Brent does what anyone in power these days does, drip feed little bits out to take the 'sting' out of the plan
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Welcome Freshy! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1st post. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st post.   1st post. Empty

Back to top Go down

1st post.
Page 1 of 1