X Isle
Freathy
Mock Cuncher
Chemical Ali
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

FA Cup Draw First Round Draw Empty
PostSubject: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:51 pm

We're going to lose to

Stourbridge at Home

last tie to be drawn
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:01 pm

Could be humiliating...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:10 pm

We will lose..as usual
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:58 pm

You rotten bunch of miseries ... enjoy the good times. jocolor
The odds are at present this may well be the last draw for quite some time where we get a bye to the first round proper, let alone the third.

Did I fall asleep, what's happened to the planet ? We're asking China to lend us money and Yeovil of FA Cup Huish slope childhood memories are towering above us..... all in the pursuit of a quick buck and a gamble. But not to worry, apparently we're in the capable hands of another old school successful businessman ... we're talking big clout ... again. jocolor

Last edited by penzancepirate on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Im that convinced of a defeat i am going to slap a tenner on us to do so...might actually get a decent return.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 4:42 pm

I have genuinly never heard of Stourbridge. Where is it? What I do know though is that will be dancing in the streets if Stourbridge (wherever it is) tonight as they're as good as through to round 2.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 4:58 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
We will lose..as usual

Unfair, and by more than just a tad. Things have improved under Fletch and Ro, not just the spike in results but in tempo and purpose.

This is the perfect draw, we SHOULD be good enough to win and we need the money from a cup run. However we're in a precarious enough position that you could just see a TV executive deciding that's as good a chance of an upset as there's likely to be and thus we get TV game money too.

Come on, this is a good draw, imagine if we'd got a draw away to one of the top sides?.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Freathy wrote:
I have genuinly never heard of Stourbridge. Where is it? What I do know though is that will be dancing in the streets if Stourbridge (wherever it is) tonight as they're as good as through to round 2.

West midlands,Kidderminster way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 5:20 pm

X Isle wrote:

Unfair, and by more than just a tad. Things have improved under Fletch and Ro, not just the spike in results but in tempo and purpose.

What spike in results is that then Smiffo ????? from 0.1 to 0.2 ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Just looked 'em up. They're currently seventh in the Evostick Southern Premier Division - where we'll be in a few years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Freathy wrote:
Just looked 'em up. They're currently seventh in the Evostick Southern Premier Division - where we'll be in a few years.

A draw at HP and take them out at their place would be nice, the TV money will be handy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 11:34 pm

I had to lookup where Stourbridge was also. I'd heard of the Evostik league but wasn't sure how fardown the pyramid it was. Its the old Southern Premier (which Truro won last season) and feeds the Blue Square South.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:36 am

Well, this could be interesting...

Pre-season when Argyle are struggling to beat teams of this calibre, it is always written off as purely an exercise in getting fit and the score is always written off as totally unimportant.

This always totally ignores the fact Argyle should be fitter than a team of plumbers, farmers and chip shop employees anyway, and therefore the advantage they have as 'professional' should be enhanced even further!

We should stuff this lot 5-0 at a stroll, but somehow I doubt we will.

Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:01 am

penzancepirate wrote:
X Isle wrote:

What spike in results is that then Smiffo ????? from 0.1 to 0.2 ? Laughing

You know full well what what I mean you cheeky monkey.

Augmented with a dose of experience those lads, lead in the pragmatic and measured way F&R are showing, can keep us up comfortably. OK so I reckon promotion is probably unlikely now Wink but so long as we stay up, and pick up as much FA cup cash as we can along the way, the season can still be saved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:15 am

Would it really be an upset if Stourbridge beat us?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 9:09 am

GOB wrote:

Humiliated.Humbled.Laughing stock of the nation.Patsies of our national game.Forever remembered as the "team that couldn't even beat THEM!"

Surely Stourbridge can't even contemplate losing this one?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 9:48 am

Greenskin wrote:
GOB wrote:

Humiliated.Humbled.Laughing stock of the nation.Patsies of our national game.Forever remembered as the "team that couldn't even beat THEM!"

Surely Stourbridge can't even contemplate losing this one?

Simples. Just ignore it and move onto the next fanfest.They're such fun and the Aviva masses are very grateful. pig jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:33 am

Freathy wrote:

What 7th? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:21 pm

Let's hope it's not live on TV... and just another; standard, Saturday afternoon defeat lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:50 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Let's hope it's not live on TV... and just another; standard, Saturday afternoon defeat lol!

Too true.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:32 pm

I hope it is on the telly - some more 'unbudgeted income' that will make its way to staff pockets (I hope I've got the right end of the stick with that part of the staff wages deal).

Would the FA take pity on us and steer ITV towards televising the game? Probably nothing to do with the FA, actually. Anyway, Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand... (insert your own dubious LOTR analogy here. I'm sure there is one but I'm rather tired)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FA Cup Draw First Round Draw   FA Cup Draw First Round Draw Empty

Back to top Go down

FA Cup Draw First Round Draw
Page 1 of 1