seadog
Munch
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:19 am

Quoted in today's local press:-

"Whoever owns this club needs to put in the football expertise to make sure the season finishes with Argyle well up the table, rather than at the bottom of it."

He's talking to you Brent. If only we had someone close at hand with all that lubberly football expertise. I bet all that knowledge doesn't come cheap. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Munch

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Just watched an interview with him on sky sports news where he stated that once brent takes over, he'll sit down and have a chat with him about a future role at the club........I could have sworn a week and a half ago he said he was leaving!!
Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:34 pm

If you strip away the bullshit from Peter Ridsdale I believe under the right circumstances he would be a shrewd appointment by Brent.

He is as JB said "Football Savvy" and kept to a tight reign I can see a lot of positives with him as a prospective Chief Exec.

Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
If you strip away the bullshit from Peter Ridsdale I believe under the right circumstances he would be a shrewd appointment by Brent.

He is as JB said "Football Savvy" and kept to a tight reign I can see a lot of positives with him as a prospective Chief Exec.

I think you may be right but I can't see him staying for the kind of wages Brent will be paying from running a tight ship.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:50 pm

What about Forest? He's after that job too by all accounts.

Welcome Arch.
Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:59 pm

funny man wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I think you may be right but I can't see him staying for the kind of wages Brent will be paying from running a tight ship.

I agree salary will be a stumbling block to a Riddler appointment, however if he does go to pastures new I sincerely hope JB brings in someone new to the PAFC set up at that level. Names like Peter Jones / Michael Dunford do nothing to inspire ambition, in fact the coronation of Peter Jones was essentially already taking place on the farm last week.

Greengenes is sycophant superior when it comes to Peter Jones and I sense Webb/Newell irrespective of a selection process would like to see their man get the job.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:05 pm

Where can I get hold of one? Is it like the Mickey Mouse one, his face on the face, and two hands holding lots and lots of £20 notes? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Tringreen

Tringreen

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
funny man wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I agree salary will be a stumbling block to a Riddler appointment, however if he does go to pastures new I sincerely hope JB brings in someone new to the PAFC set up at that level. Names like Peter Jones / Michael Dunford do nothing to inspire ambition, in fact the coronation of Peter Jones was essentially already taking place on the farm last week.

Greengenes is sycophant superior when it comes to Peter Jones and I sense Webb/Newell irrespective of a selection process would like to see their man get the job.

They didn't have a good word for him when he and I were preaching the same sermon a few years back.Trust in Stapes was their message Rolling Eyes The one thing PJ does know, and has told Brent, is that the club can largely self support to Championship level. It is then, that something or someone bigger has to be handed the baton.
Lessons must be learnt and remembered in the euphoria that will erupt if/when Brent completes.
Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:

Welcome to ATD, Archie, the home of the Unforgiven. flower

That's what it's all about, salary, and a little bit of fooling the fanbase. Ridsdale, and Brent by now, know he is disliked by many of the fanbase, let alone the wider football fans' community, so they have hatched this temprary position of a 3 month consultancy to try and woe the fanbase bysome as yet unknown wheeze ... maybe it's just a case of pushing it under the carpet until the admin storm has blown over. I believe it's bullshit and that Ridsdale will worm some sort of deal with Brent, possibly initially based on performance, although that will soon become a sliding agenda, once the performance isn't there. The truth is Brent doesn't like football, and is nervous he might be drawn in to it with a less well known character ... Ridsdale reckons he'll crack, and he just might .... it's what he does ... front businesses for people... and even Brent has heard of Leeds and Cardiff. However, I'm sure Dunford is being touted by some as CEO, especially given his latest involvment and jobles state.

If Ridsdale stays, the real fight for Brent's favour will be between Jones or Ridsdale as to who's in charge. As Jones has already got a proper job, I'm betting Ridsdale is confident, but surely Jones has got a head start. This fight will probably reflect the split in Pasoti Trust and others, and probably amplify the inevitable fight that will happen there .... the same old Footites that support Jones, and the market driven dribblers who would back the devil if needs be to get their way.

Ridsdale Watch won't be going anywhere soon... we might have to form a committee.
Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:53 pm

James Brents first appointment.

Peter Ridsdale confirmed as Chairman.

Where does this leave the likes of Jones and Dunford?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:55 pm

No big surprise there. The Riddler was never going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:58 pm

I know, why don't we sell the club to Ridsdale for £1 while we're at it?

FOP
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

FOP

Well he is a hard working gentleman. Let's hope he remembers his friends. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Obviously a long planned good day to bury bad news. The appointment of numero uno in this appalling administration was almost inevitable.

From the outset, Guilfoyle always said he had met the man that would buy Argyle, and Brent always said he would want Ridsdale to run his club.
All that was needed was a ruse to get together enough money to pay a big proportion of the clients' debts. And then the administration was treated to a long delay that resulted in the ballooning of employees' unpaid wages. Clasic stuff.... no wonder Guilfoyle and Ridsdale are happy bunnies... they've made accounting history.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:

It's interesting, because Jones has been a close confidante of Brent all the way through this process. Yet I don't think there's any way on earth that Jones would have been advising Brent to keep Ridders - in fact, I'd have thought he see's it as a bit of a smack in the face.

Soooo, has Brent made this decision himself? Or is he getting footballing adviseries from elsewhere?

Either way, I don't expect Ridsdale to be here long. As soon as something more potentially lucrative presents itself, he'll be off.
Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

FOP

Well he is a hard working gentleman. Let's hope he remembers his friends. Rolling Eyes

None of us know for sure, but I would guess one of the Taverners will be top of his list.
Expect a club that has a fan input that supports his interests.
The football club will be for all intents and purposes, Ridsdale's, to front for Brent who hasn't and doesn't want a clue about football.

In the final analysis, while Ridsdale's presence matters to me and a few others, it won't matter to a great many fans. A healthy club will do well, a sick one will not.
The big question for most is how much of the deferred staff wages have been moved into a relegation survival pot, along with big wages for Ridsdale. It all sounds remarkably like the Heaney policy.
I expect a rat-a-tat-tat in the next 48hours as Brent tries to catch up with his media 7/28/100 day plan. Obviously a more popular idea than a 5 year plan. Immediate "action" must be fashionable these days as with the EU summits, for all the good these so called plans will do in the long run.... they are no more than PR exercises with little actual effective content.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Well, Ridders coronation is good news to me...I won't have to feel guilty about not going king
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

It's interesting, because Jones has been a close confidante of Brent all the way through this process. Yet I don't think there's any way on earth that Jones would have been advising Brent to keep Ridders - in fact, I'd have thought he see's it as a bit of a smack in the face.

Soooo, has Brent made this decision himself? Or is he getting footballing adviseries from elsewhere?

Either way, I don't expect Ridsdale to be here long. As soon as something more potentially lucrative presents itself, he'll be off.

I suppose a big stumbling block to the Riddler going elsewhere could be that ,given his reputation in the game,nobody else except a basket case would actually want him,although it must be said that he is an expert spin doctor.Doesn't come as any surprise to me at all,the Brent/Riddler combo-i still regard the Citibank connection as being uncoincidental and have thought all along that this outcome was inevitable.
Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:19 pm

According to Graham Clark Ridsdales formal title is "Chairman Of Football" his remit being football related matters only and will be assisting Fletcher with player recruitment.

Certainly a positive sign that fresh blood will be here on the playing front sooner rather than later, an interesting 7/28 days ahead I would suggest.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Is Ridsdale considered a "ferking northern numpty" or a Brent Boy, maybe a CP'r could clarify?

Brent moves fast doesn't he?

No wonder Chris was avoiding my question yesterday as to who would be boss!

Don't tell me he didn't know....

And Chris... Thanks for all your time and effort!
Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Bang on, Pirate you have gone off on one. Do you seriously think Ridsdale sees Himself as a wage slave? Brent would love to have them there for his knowldedge of the ' industry'. But for the time being this is a transitional role and like every salaried employee he has a job title. Brent will be the de facto chairman of the club until he has had the opportunity to select the board of all the talents he wants. Or Boat if you like acronymns. Ridsdale has already been flaunting his taxi for hire sign to the likes of forest and Everton and been laughed at, but whilst we have got him we may as well use his talents. The staff seem to respect him for starters.

Why are people still whinging? The club is safe and will survive on it's own income going forward, Ridsdale is still here but it's on terms dictated by others.

This is what we wanted wasn't it?
Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Peter, I think you've been listening to the fanfest party line. Just what are Ridsdale's talents ? and just how many times has he left a football club he's fed off without being chased out ?
His involvment here so far has seen the most disgraceful of delays in the process. He was billed as an investor, but he was brought here to technically oversee and find a solution to Stapleton and the NWO's financial disaster. That has come to pass, at the expense of the employees. Do you really believe that was all beyond his control ?

Of course Ridsdale is here as a waged man, a slave as you call it. At this level, he's not independently wealthy, and if he wants to indulge at this level he has to be employed. He did not go to the right schools like Gardner and Brent and his USP has always been to protect and front these sort of executives ... a sort of a street-wise thug. with very thick skin. He keeps trying to shrug off the wage shackles through his consultancy companies, but tell me how his company at Cardiff ended up ? ... it all sounds a bit Heaney to me.
I understand fully his philosophy of "They enjoyed the ride", but it's old hat and it ain't going to work here ... we've had enough World Cup gambles. He's been living off his Leeds profile for many years, he's yesterday's man. Typical Argyle, a bit like employing Micky Horswill after the Cup Final. Still, there have always been Westcountry folk that love a name.... it's always been the same.
I can't wait for the eulogies to start... IJN would be my bet for the best grudging respect statement.... maybe reminiscent of his first impressions of Toddy.
Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 7:19 am

Funnily enough I agree with all of that.

However I think he's rather like Italy in the wars, prepared to join whichever ' side' is winning. The object being to make it look as much as possible like he's saved the club before finding himself a real job. Is he still tryig to introduce Everton to his 'investors'? did Forest ever get back to him?

However I do believe he has his uses as an administrator. Although I have to say his handling of Campbell and Reid was rather cack handed
Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 7:59 am

It bloody depresses me that Ridsdlae remains after feeling a bit chuffed yesterday, I was looking foirward to my HP return. Now we have this liar still at HP I won't be attending until he departs for the next club that he rips off.

Chris and the Trust are a bunch of ch**ts if they have been supporting this man!!
Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:34 am

The slapstick Northern Numpty thing was always a handy cover for what people really thought. They call it pragmitism. How the Southern Dumpties can totally blame Guilfoyle and leave Ridsdale in the clear is quite extroadinary.
Ridsdale was never going anywhere. Fortunately ATD is Britain's first official Ridsdale free zone, so I can't imagine we'll be asking him to do a Q and A anytime soon.
An example to young people everywhere of how easily a good day can turn sour. Still, we're used to it, sticking out in the Atlantic cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ridsdale Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch Empty

Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next