The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OSCARS 2013

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

OSCARS 2013 Empty
PostSubject: OSCARS 2013   OSCARS 2013 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Unusually for me I've managed to see all the movies that are up for Oscars tonight so I've cast my imaginary votes in the 'big' categories this year thus:

Best Film - Argo
Best Director - Ang Lee (Life of Pi)
Best Actor - Daniel Day Lewis (Lincoln)
Best Actress - Emanuelle Riva (Amour)
Best Supporting Actor - Rober De Niro (Silver Linings Playbook)
Best Supporting Actress - Anne Hathaway (Les Miserables)
Best Adapted Screenplay - Chris Terrio (Argo)
Best Original Screenplay - Quentin Tarantino (Django Unchained)
Best Cinematography - Claudio Miranda (Life of Pi)
Best Song - Adele/Skyfall

In times of great austerity there's nothing quite like watching multi-millionaires giving each other golden statues.
Back to top Go down

OSCARS 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSCARS 2013   OSCARS 2013 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm

I've only seen Skyfall.

Good film but over-hyped. It's a decent film, better than the usual Bond shite, but not as good as people make out.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lincoln, Argo and Django unchained, and if it wasn't a feckin musical I would like to see Les Miserables, but I can't be doing with people bursting into song all the time. Does my head in.

I hope Daniel Day Lewis get's the Best Actor Oscar, will make him the only 3 time winner of Best Actor.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

OSCARS 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSCARS 2013   OSCARS 2013 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:17 pm

I thought Skyfall was a good film.

The wife went to see Les Miserables Friday night with her mate and loved it. They blubbed all the way through, both got back home with red eyes and bollocked mascara!

I took the kids to see wreak it Ralph and I thought it was a good film as well.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

OSCARS 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSCARS 2013   OSCARS 2013 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I hope Daniel Day Lewis get's the Best Actor Oscar, will make him the only 3 time winner of Best Actor.

I fooking hate DDL, his appearance in any filum spells dull dull dull for me.

Best filum this year was Zero Dark Thirty imho, of the ones that seem to be in contention Skyfall was watchable despite Mendes being a cnut and producing yet another non Bond, Bond film, the rest were utter dullage, even Tw@antino's gore fest failed to raise the gloom of a year of total paucity of quality in the movie market.

Argo, as dull as you would expect from the world's dullest actor turned player manager.

Les Mis, overproduced cack.

Life of Pi, guy and a tiger in a boat, pretty enough but please.

Lincoln, OMG, torpor.

Not seen Silver Linings or Amour.
Back to top Go down

OSCARS 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSCARS 2013   OSCARS 2013 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I fooking hate DDL, his appearance in any filum spells dull dull dull for me.

Best filum this year was Zero Dark Thirty imho, of the ones that seem to be in contention Skyfall was watchable despite Mendes being a cnut and producing yet another non Bond, Bond film, the rest were utter dullage, even Tw@antino's gore fest failed to raise the gloom of a year of total paucity of quality in the movie market.

Argo, as dull as you would expect from the world's dullest actor turned player manager.

Les Mis, overproduced cack.

Life of Pi, guy and a tiger in a boat, pretty enough but please.

Lincoln, OMG, torpor.

Not seen Silver Linings or Amour.

Agree Tis - Zero Dark Thirty was a terrific film. Argo just edged it for me. I really enjoyed the clever and perfectly pitched comedy juxtaposed with a clearly terrifying ordeal and a masterly production design for the period.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

OSCARS 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSCARS 2013   OSCARS 2013 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:12 am

Fecking Argo ?

Crap film, crap acting and just one more piece of Yanks ignoring the truth to project themselves as either the saviours of the world or uber competent operators.

These people got out safely due to the efforts of the Canucks, Kiwis and yes despite Affecked's throw away " the Brits turned them away", a Brit who did basically what Affecked's character was supposed to have done but without the bull shit.

Fecking Yanks, let's see a few films about the last days in Saigon, the successful egress from Iraq, the superbly executed rescue attempt to get the rest of the hostages out of Teheran or on a more domestic note how it took them three days to get water to the people in the Superdome.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

OSCARS 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSCARS 2013   OSCARS 2013 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I thought Skyfall was a good film.

The wife went to see Les Miserables Friday night with her mate and loved it. They blubbed all the way through, both got back home with red eyes and bollocked mascara!

I took the kids to see wreak it Ralph and I thought it was a good film as well.

Your missus and I would get on well Dave I love you , I had to snuffle my way through LM. I saw the stage show donkeys years ago and remember thinking it was better than all but my fav Evita but the filum was great, much better than the Evita attempt and I've even asked the wife to get me the DVD when it comes out so I can blub some more. Although my workmates call me the Gruffalo, I'm really a soft old Hector.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

OSCARS 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSCARS 2013   OSCARS 2013 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:22 am

I saw Les Mis.

It was ok. The other half loved it.

Life of Pi was ok too. The other half loved it.

Silver Linings was soppy gash. The other half loved it.

Skyfall was ok, but I think it might have been better (Bardem's character in No Country For Old Men was infinitely badder).

Not seen Argo or any of the others.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

OSCARS 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSCARS 2013   OSCARS 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

OSCARS 2013
Page 1 of 1