HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is it time to start cutting the grass ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Is it time to start cutting the grass ? Empty
PostSubject: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 am

Yes you can cut the grass as long as there is not frost on the lawn or the soil is frozen. Just remember to raise the height and give the lawn a light cut. The first cut should merely "top" the grass as close cutting at this stage could result in severe yellowing or browning.

Also in February you need to do the following rake the grass thoroughly. Spike the lawn to aerate and stimulate soil organisms and root growth and apply lawn sand if necessary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:07 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Yes you can cut the grass as long as there is not frost on the lawn or the soil is frozen. Just remember to raise the height and give the lawn a light cut. The first cut should merely "top" the grass as close cutting at this stage could result in severe yellowing or browning.

Also in February you need to do the following rake the grass thoroughly. Spike the lawn to aerate and stimulate soil organisms and root growth and apply lawn sand if necessary.

Thanks Lawny, phew!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:38 pm

I haven't got a lawn. What should I do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:48 pm

You could if you are feeling left out cut your neighbors grass when they are out or if you have a push pull mower you could go to a local park or roadside verge.

Remember we are your friends and we are here to help.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Cheers Lawny. A light trim is on the way.

Knecht, do you have a bush?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm working on it, Czar.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:02 pm

The fooking grass/ moss never stops growing in my garen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Ask Knecht to cut it. flower
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Too far away, anyway I enjoy a good mow.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:52 pm

knecht wrote:
I'm working on it, Czar.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:34 pm

seadog wrote:
The fooking grass/ moss never stops growing in my garen.

Just replace it with astro turf.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:25 pm

cut it now and you will be mowing all year !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to start cutting the grass ?   Is it time to start cutting the grass ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it time to start cutting the grass ?
Page 1 of 1