HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Enjoying the Ride !

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Enjoying the Ride ! Empty
PostSubject: Enjoying the Ride !   Enjoying the Ride ! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:08 am

I was having a trawl through GOS archives and I came across this interview by GS with John Lloyd from the Holloway period.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can almost taste the joy and confidence exuding from both of them. The 'amusement' at going to an old school ground like Barnet , with open terracing and media facilities from the dark ages.

Everything in the Argyle world seemed so rosy to them.......................

It was about this time that I started feeling really uncomfortable with the complacency emanating from the boardroom and echoed on Pasoti. I had known for many years that the club would need to acquire cash backed ambition at this level , to inspire the potential fanbase, but few others could stop grinning long enough to see the inevitable future if nothing was done. Those not worshipping Stapes and offering blind faith support weren't proper fans. The nightmare had begun.

Trust in Stapes. Year on year progress. Established Championship club. The organic model. I'll never hear a bad word said about that man and his lovely family. Enjoy the ride.............etc etc.

Look how far we've come pig

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enjoying the Ride !   Enjoying the Ride ! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:03 am

You forgot dimwitted self promoting Janners. jocolor cyclops Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Enjoying the Ride !   Enjoying the Ride ! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:47 am

There were some of us who recognised it - and tried to do something about it.

We all know how that ended up. Greed, parochialism, fear of taking the next step, lack of foresight, lack of business planning, it was all there in spades.

Best chance ever. It will be many, many, many years, if ever, before we're in that position again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enjoying the Ride !   Enjoying the Ride ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Enjoying the Ride !
Page 1 of 1