+4
GreenWhiteBlack
Mr. Brightside
GreenSam
Czarcasm
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey Empty
PostSubject: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:44 pm

John Sheridan has said he is to leave our Luke Young and Tyler Harvey as he doesn't want them in a relegation scrap.

Harvey is a great prospect.

BUT PLEASE LEAVE YOUNG OUT FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:52 pm

I tend to forget Young's only 19. There are apparently people a lot more clued up than any of us, who are casting admiring glances his way.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I tend to forget Young's only 19. There are apparently people a lot more clued up than any of us, who are casting admiring glances his way.
Agreed.

I always remember Cobi's rather disparaging views on Joe Mason in threads like this.

An energetic clogger who runs around for 90 minutes does not a good player make. The likes of LY and JM have subtler qualities.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:44 am

Pitbull wrote:
John Sheridan has said he is to leave our Luke Young and Tyler Harvey as he doesn't want them in a relegation scrap.

Glad to see that I am not the only one who doesn't rate Young!! Can't see what all the hype is about really!!
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Alot of that hype comes from him being from Plymouth in my opinion..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Young is a shadow of the player he was last season and Harvey had a good game against the Turks but since then has done pretty much bugger all.
Apparently LeCointe was a great prospect but we are still waiting for him to come good.
Alot of the time when its a local "bey" heart rules head when judging player quality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 pm

It's all about the bigging up of the player because they are a janner, although with Harvey I think he does have potential, with Young, I just don't.

Lecointe got that England call up then never played for us again
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:55 pm

My thoughts about our janner players:

Lecointe- I don't really think has played very well for us. Two of the notable exceptions are Torquay away and Burnley away where he was played in his best position: midfield. Whilst I acknowledge that some on here are absolutely right to say he's done very little to impress anyone thus far, a 16 year old was chucked into a shite team and played out of position whilst for any other club in the 92 he'd have a much better managed route of development. Not saying he's good, not saying he's bad but he could yet come good. As for the Man United/Arsenal rumours- purely generated paper talk. Not his fault that he can't live up to a fantasy created by agents.

Young- I think he's a very good technical and mental player. His control of the ball is exceptional, he can spot good passes and thread them through and unlike 90% of our players he is aware of the game around him and knows where to move at given times. He can't cross the ball well but other than that he's more than good enough mentally for this level and with the ball. The one big disadvantage though can often tend to dwarf (no pun intended) all of his strengths. He's not a big guy and he's slow which for League Two is not a good combination. Genuinely, I feel that if he was 6 foot 2 and with an extra yard of pace he'd be amongst the best in this league; his brain and feet are all there but he has a natural physical disadvantage. It's why I wanted to see him in the same role Gurreri occupied behind the striker. He'll go far in my opinon- may be totally wrong on this one but it just seems as if too many people can't see beyond his lack of muscle and searing pace. If that turns out to be false and he drifts into nothingness than fair play, but I've got a bet on with someone that he'll play at a higher level than this one. I've got every confidence I'll soon be claiming £10.

Harvey- not seen THAT much of him really. I disagree Torquay is his only good game, he was instrumental in the win over Morecambe imho and much better than Murray. The Wycombe game he was bang average but the other games have been very brief cameos towards the end. Definite potential there but I wouldn't be sure enough to say how much.

Some of the hype is bound to be over the nostalgia of "local boy made good, I get that point entirely". But I also genuinely feel that Young and quite possibly Harvey too are also very good young technical players with big potential for the future. Young has been below par this season, partly of his own natural failings and partly because of Fletcher using him incorrectly. He's still been a very useful player for us at times though and I still think he'll play in League One at the very least (and I'd say probably the Championship) in the future. Perhaps it isn't coincidence that they're local boys-our youth system over the past few years seems to have placed quite a lot of emphasis on cultivating technicians regardless of their build over the last few years regardless of their build judging by some of the players we've produced.

The trouble is, to my mind that PAFC is a really bad club to break through at after they've cleared the youth team. You're either made too reliant on at too young an age due to our problems and availability crises (Young, Nelson, Lecointe) or you're just not given a chance at all (Sims, Richards, arguably Copp). Liverpool, to cite Paul Roberts on Pasoti, could be spoke of here too-great academy but overplayed the likes of Owen and Sterling. The ideal medium situation is to ease players in and out of the side-giving them a taste of action but not burning them out, sticking them out of position or being too reliant of them burdening them with a lot of pressure. In those situations, Young and I daresay Lecointe as well would be much better off for it so all in all no, I don't think it's right to say they get a better ride cause they're janners.

Young has absolutely loads of potential and Harvey seems to be very bright too from a much more limited sample size. Lecointe, bearing in mind that as I said I think he'd still be coming through the youths now at most other clubs....it's tough to say with him but I'd be surprised if he ended up playing in the local leagues and didn't end up forging SOME kind of professional career out of the game even if it's around this level.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 am

Only seen him play once at Oxford last season and as you say, he was the stand out player as far as touch and 'looking' like a quality midfielder.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:49 am

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
Alot of that hype comes from him being from Plymouth in my opinion..

I think you are about right there!!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Pitbull wrote:

you support plymouth right ?

what a prat you sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Greensam pretty much nails it for me.
The problem for me in people thinking otherwise, is that they seem to forget we have a shite team (whether or not this is just on the pitch and not also on paper I'm not sure). Lets not forget that the coaching has not been the best for quite a while now and our reserves and youth teams are not in leagues with decent competition.
I would also suggest that most of the younger players we have had on loan in recent seasons have been up to much, but they are on the books of teams higher up the leagues than we find ourselves.
Also the younger players that are deemed good (throughout the leagues) are on most occasions brought into teams that are already playing well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

what a prat you sound.

I support 'Argyle', stop sounding like a Sky sports presenter.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Well answered Cobi
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

what a prat you sound.

Well theres only onebellend in this and thats your opening post.
do you even go to games ?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Pitbull wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

what a prat you sound.

You really must not be so hard on yourself DF4!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Pitbull wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

what a prat you sound.

Every home, and the majority of away.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey   Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan to leave out Young and Harvey
Page 1 of 1