+3
mouldyoldgoat
Lord Tisdale
Chemical Ali
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness Empty
PostSubject: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:03 pm

Get well soon Martin Ling. I spoke to Shaun Taylor's Dad earlier and told him to recommend Nick Chadwick to Shaun as a decent loan signing- he told me that the last 4 games have been the best of Chadwick's argyle career Laughing

Ling statement
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Sad news, wish the boy well.

Interesting that they feel Taylor needs a mentor with experience.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 am

Fletch is available! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:29 am

Funny if he was appointed and turned out to be brilliant.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:49 am

All the best to Mr Ling.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:59 am

It's no secret now that Martin's illness is stress related and a sad reflection of the pressures that football management brings.

A series of high pressure budget related meetings coinciding with the exreme workloads January brings with much to do in relation to players being released and signed in the summer, living 200 miles from home almost always on his own in Exeter, only getting home for odd weekends...........some of the contributory factors that have now caused a breakdown.

I doubt we'll see Martin back at Plainmoor, but there are certain niceties and procedures to go through with employment law being uppermost in imperitives. Shaun Taylor no more cuts it as an inspiration and media worker than Carl Fletcher did for Argyle, and is (quite frankly) a poor image through which to project the club to the public and that projects itself to prospective signings.

I understand there is an effort to bring in someone of fire fighting management experience for a short term period whilst the long term will be addressed by the board as he gets on with the job of re-installing recently lost confidence amongst the squad, which after all was just off the play off zone a short while ago.

Relegation into The Conference is full of clubs going into free fall from previously decent league positions around the halfway mark and the recent story of The Gulls bears an uncanny similarity to Macclesfield and Lincoln to name but two who have fallen that way in recent years.

Very sensibly for his own preservation, Martin has been incomunicado for the past two weeks; for that would only add more pressure to him.

There are a couple of very experienced figures not a million miles from Torbay who might be the person to take on the short term role, I don't think an announcement of who it will be will take long.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:20 am

Colin Lee. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Seems a decent man and manager, he needs to take some time out and I hope it works out for him.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:13 pm

He's apparently not going to be managing again until next season.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:03 pm

poor guy get well soon.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Alan Knill appointed as interim boss until the end of the season-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness   Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness Empty

Back to top Go down

Torquay Boss Ling has debilitating illness
Page 1 of 1