HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ? Empty
PostSubject: Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ?   Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:50 pm

Despite news stories of Keith Harris and Orville putting in a bid to scupper the Pompey Trust there remains a possibility that they might still go out of business meaning of course just the one team dropping through the trapdoor to the abject hell that is the Conference. Me, I think they will simply start next season in the 4th with some Lutonesque points deduction of 20 or so points, still, another potential straw for you boys to grasp.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ?   Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 pm

We can only hope!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ?   Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Despite news stories of Keith Harris and Orville putting in a bid to scupper the Pompey Trust there remains a possibility that they might still go out of business meaning of course just the one team dropping through the trapdoor to the abject hell that is the Conference. Me, I think they will simply start next season in the 4th with some Lutonesque points deduction of 20 or so points, still, another potential straw for you boys to grasp.

I wouldnt wish that on any club myself. Pompey have some fantastic fans and i hope their trust (nuch like with your lot) do get the bid through and rebuild the club over the years.

We will just have to stay up the honest and decent way and thats down to the part of the club that is tainted with lies and deceit and thats the footy side Smile
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ?   Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:50 pm

They have some great fans, but there again they have this wombat!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ?   Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:08 am

They have some proper dinlows following them too.

"our natural level is the top half of the Championship/lower half of the Prem" (I always saw them a league lower than that).

"We'd be the biggest club ever to fall into the 4th tier" (Wolves?)

They'd be best off re-forming in the Southern Leagues and working their way up, because if a debt of £5-10m is crippling us for the foreseeable, imagine a debt of £60m+.

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ?   Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:09 am

Looks like the Pompey Surpporters Trust will be taking over the club now as no more bids are being accepted. But quite how the PST will satisfactorily deal with the 61m debt so the cub can exit administration is a mystery to me but I suppose they'll do it somehow. I'm afraid hoping Pompey will save us really is desparately clutching at straws as it isn't going to happen. We're facing expulsion from the FL for being far too shit and now nothing can save us.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ?   Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:18 am

same way as any other club, owner loans cash in installments, club falls further from grace, cany afford repayments, admin again. sounds familiar
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ?   Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could Pompey's demise be the lifeline ?
Page 1 of 1