pepsipete
Mapperley, darling
swampy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:33 am

Huge game to us, who do you want to win? Are Rovers going to get out of the shit? They have only gained 8 points in their last ten games but have won 3 out of their last 4. Barnet have scored 14 points in their last ten games but only 6 points in their last four, they also don't have the games in hand on us. Aldershot have gained 15 points in their last ten games But only 7 in their last four. Argyle have only gained 10 points in their last 10 games with 4 points in their last 4 games.
There in no doubt that we need to put a run together and soon, Wombles are winning a few, it's not like last year with some teams unable to win at all, my money would be on Shots and Wombles in the bottom two come May but the realist in me knows we have a hell of fight on our hands.
So who are we cheering on tonight? A draw would probably be a likely outcome for this game and not bad for us I guess?
Back to top Go down
swampy

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:37 am

Would prefer a Rovers win to be honest. i think they will pull away so they might as well drag Barnet right back in it. Still hoping Dons, Barnet and Shots and possibly Accies are our best hope of survival.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:41 am

im hoping for a draw tonight, keeps both in the firing line, not that that matters, we're still going out the league, but itll make other clubs fans twitchy. selfish reasons really!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:43 am

any links to the game? what broadcaster is showing it? i can only find the ebbsfleet game for tonight
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:23 am

0 - 0 would do.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 am

pepsipete wrote:
0 - 0 would do.

This.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 am

that opening post is a bit of a statgasm, Iggs you old dog.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Iggy wrote:
They have only gained 8 points in their last ten games but have won 3 out of their last 4.

Uh duh !

Did they not get 9 points for them 3 wins then ?

Football is about momentum, the Big Mo, I don't think this game holds any relevance for you, if it does and you are in contention with either side at the death then you will be comfortable in mid table, these two are not for the drop.
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
that opening post is a bit of a statgasm, Iggs you old dog.

The devil makes work for idle hands, mind you I do love a bit of statism, it gets really interesting around this time of the season and whoever thinks the rivalry is unimportant doesn't really get football, IMO. Even if tis's boys get knocked out of the playoff places they will still feel their season was a success because they finished higher than us, In the words of the late great Frank Zappa, "ain't this what living is really all about?" Joes Garage Acts 11 & 111. geek
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:
They have only gained 8 points in their last ten games but have won 3 out of their last 4.

Uh duh !

Did they not get 9 points for them 3 wins then ?

Football is about momentum, the Big Mo, I don't think this game holds any relevance for you, if it does and you are in contention with either side at the death then you will be comfortable in mid table, these two are not for the drop.

I might add that the numbers used in this post are not guaranteed to be correct due to the fact that as well as making pain go away CoCodamol also makes the mathematical part of your brain go to sleep. I wish I knew who was for the drop, even one team, it's all much of a muchness around the bottom of the table, squeaky bum time. As for relevance I think it is relevant for the simple reason we are a side lacking confidence, seeing us in the bottom two does not help that.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:39 pm

one team = argyle
two teams = + barnet

cant see us getting out of the drop, Rovers have a wiley old dog (!) and will stay up, the Shits have found enough form to save them, AFC non franchise will avoid the drop too.

a run of four victories may be enough, but i cant see it happening for argyle
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:49 pm

With one win and two draws in the last ten for Accy Stanly I think they will be in the bottoms two come the end. Maybe we can keep Wombles there, they have ten points from the last ten the same as us, we however have changed things and hopefully should haul a few more points as a result, not sure if Wombles have signed anyone?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Iggy wrote:
As for relevance I think it is relevant for the simple reason we are a side lacking confidence, seeing us in the bottom two does not help that.

That's exactly why it lacks relevance imho, you need a major turn around to compete with either Barnet or the Gas, in the remaining 17 games, 19 for the Gas although it may as well be 18 cos we will batter them, they will each take at least six points out of you even allowing for a little stutter, your targets have to be AFC who seem to have steadied the ship a tad, Accy who are truly shiite and Aldershot whose little run seems to have fallen apart, we could do you a big favour there tomorrow.

Tbh I don't see you catching anybody else, none of the teams within range seems likely to go on a Hereford/Maccyesque run, of course a win tomorrow over the Dags and a couple more three pointers and it all changes, but that requires you to do it for yourselves rather than relying on the others going completely fubar. As I said it's all about the Big Mo, if you can't get it together then it's Blue, it's Square and it's most definitely waiting there.
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:03 pm

0-0 at the moment
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:09 pm

8,500 at bristol rovers
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:21 pm

1-0 Rovers..we are in the bottom 2....Again, God give me strength
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Yeah but look how far we've come
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:33 pm

1-1
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:35 pm

2-1
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:41 pm

I won't be changing my avatar any time soon then Mad
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Gas will be on the up now I suspect, new 20k ground sorted recently could mean they pass their mates at the Gate in a few years.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Not necessarily a bad result even though Argyle are now in the zone.Rovers will pull out of trouble and probably be pushing for promotion next season under Ward,who certainly seems to have worked the oracle there.The highest ever points total for a relegated club was 49-in essence Argyle need to win six games and get a couple of draws from the remaining 18 matches,a by no means impossible task.
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:39 am

On the bright side we are one point away from Barnet with a game in hand, nothing other than a win will do today. Accie look like a team that are in free fall, only four points from their last ten and they are away at Vale today, my money is they will be in the bottom two come the end.

Last edited by Iggy on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:49 am

Dag and red at home today with the daggers looking like they either win or lose games, 12 points in their last ten games, nine off the drop and six off the playoffs I guess they are still in with a shout of that with a win today. A win for us could put us two points clear of the drop and some badly needed confidence. Let's hope the daggers think its an easy 3 points and we teach them a lesson. Shit or bust time.
RRRRRRRROOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Iggy wrote:

RRRRRRRROOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we give it up with the ROAR nonsense, every time I see it I think of the Jacksonville Jaguars cheerleaders and me blood pressure jumps ten points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rovers V Barnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Barnet   Rovers V Barnet Empty

Back to top Go down

Rovers V Barnet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next