Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brothers playing at Argyle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Brothers playing at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Brothers playing at Argyle   Brothers playing at Argyle EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:37 am

Help needed.

I was chatting with a friend yesterday who said there is an old bloke living in the village who used to play for Argyle in the 50s - 60s along with his brother. Apparently he is still passionate about Argyle. She couldn't remember his name.

Anyone with any ideas?
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Brothers playing at Argyle   Brothers playing at Argyle EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:50 am

Have a look at the list of Argyle players on wiki
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Brothers playing at Argyle   Brothers playing at Argyle EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:04 pm

Neil and Peter Langman?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brothers playing at Argyle   Brothers playing at Argyle EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:24 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Neil and Peter Langman?

Thanks Pete. I've researched a bit more elsewhere - that's the ones. It's Peter that now lives in Calstock.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Brothers playing at Argyle   Brothers playing at Argyle EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:26 pm

knecht wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Neil and Peter Langman?

Thanks Pete. I've researched a bit more elsewhere - that's the ones. It's Peter that now lives in Calstock.

Remembered them as I saw Neil score a hat trick against LIVERPOOL, not many Argyle players can claim that, Argyle won 4 - 0 and that does not happen very often either. Peter was a centre half.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Brothers playing at Argyle   Brothers playing at Argyle EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:49 pm

pepsipete wrote:
knecht wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Neil and Peter Langman?

Remembered them as I saw Neil score a hat trick against LIVERPOOL, not many Argyle players can claim that, Argyle won 4 - 0 and that does not happen very often either. Peter was a centre half.

Yer tiz;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think they were both originally from Bere Alston,my dad used to play against them in kick around matches at the local football field when he was a bhey.Neil had a very impressive scoring record at Argyle-49 goals in 97 games,yet was transferred to Colchester,which would have been a step down.Plymouth price involved?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brothers playing at Argyle   Brothers playing at Argyle EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Yep - born in Bere Alston. If I ever bump into Peter in the village shop I'll tell him that he's still remembered.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Brothers playing at Argyle   Brothers playing at Argyle EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
knecht wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Neil and Peter Langman?

Yer tiz;

I think they were both originally from Bere Alston,my dad used to play against them in kick around matches at the local football field when he was a bhey.Neil had a very impressive scoring record at Argyle-49 goals in 97 games,yet was transferred to Colchester,which would have been a step down.Plymouth price involved?

It was at the time of maximum wage, he moved to get the signing on fee and Argyle would not "bend" the rules. Did nether of them any good in the end.
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: Brothers playing at Argyle   Brothers playing at Argyle EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 pm

I used to go out with one of Peter's daughters for 10 years or so. A nicer "in-law" you couldn't wish to meet. Always willing to talk football and reminisce over his Argyle days. I think he moved away from Argyle to Dorchester, he and Shirley, his wife used to drive up for the matches in the days before decent roads!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brothers playing at Argyle   Brothers playing at Argyle EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:19 am

Greenskin wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
knecht wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Neil and Peter Langman?

Yer tiz;

Thats some scoring record. Worthy of a mural in fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brothers playing at Argyle   Brothers playing at Argyle Empty

Back to top Go down

Brothers playing at Argyle
Page 1 of 1