+3
Mock Cuncher
Flat_Track_Bully
Chemical Ali
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Argyle XI v Nike Academy Empty
PostSubject: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:42 pm

An Argyle side is playing the Nike Academy at Home Park today. The Nike Academy tries to set up released u20 players with clubs. The squad (as of 6 Nov) is listed on wiki-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Any reserve-type matches we can get the better as we aren't in a reserve league this year. Players outside the first 11 MLC and Griffiths aren't getting a lot of playing time at the moment.

I can't help thinking that the chance of young academy players staying with us is harmed by not having a reserve team. Without a reserve team, when a youth player is given a contract they are going to end up playing very little football as they are unlikely to immediately go into the first team. With the situation with Walton, given that Brighton are a better team than us, if Walton went to Brighton he would almost certainly be further from the first team than if he stayed with us. However he would be getting reserve team matches at Brighton, whereas at Argyle he would be relying on the occasional match like this for practice once he graduates, either that or he would be stuck back into the youth squad, which wouldn't be great for his development.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:58 pm

I wonder who makes their kit.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Currently 7-0 up. Gurreri hat trick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Any reserve-type matches we can get the better as we aren't in a reserve league this year. Players outside the first 11 MLC and Griffiths aren't getting a lot of playing time at the moment.

I can't help thinking that the chance of young academy players staying with us is harmed by not having a reserve team. Without a reserve team, when a youth player is given a contract they are going to end up playing very little football as they are unlikely to immediately go into the first team. With the situation with Walton, given that Brighton are a better team than us, if Walton went to Brighton he would almost certainly be further from the first team than if he stayed with us. However he would be getting reserve team matches at Brighton, whereas at Argyle he would be relying on the occasional match like this for practice once he graduates, either that or he would be stuck back into the youth squad, which wouldn't be great for his development.

Couldnt agree more with you. We have players sitting doing nothing at the moment and no football for them to play. John i hope brings back a regular reserve team football the fringe players in the squad/trialists can show their worth, the injuried players can get games to build up match fitness and the youngster can play a higher rate of football with some of the first team squad.

Win/Win all round in my book
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 pm

winning 7-0 at the moment

mural is planned to mark this historic resutl pending.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Argyle won 7-0 with Andres scoring a hat trick.

Hope the game has helped with the match fitness and preparation for Southend.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm looking forward to the 'I was there 16/1/13' t-shirts to appear in the club shop imminently
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:35 pm

John Sheridan.

100% record.

Average goals conceded - 0.5
Average goals scored - 4.5

MURAL TIME
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Reading the tweets from the players who played they seem estatic to finally get some football under their belts.

I rest my case on why we need a reserve team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
John Sheridan.

100% record.

Average goals conceded - 0.5
Average goals scored - 4.5

MURAL TIME

i think he has suppassed mural time mock,,, name the ground after him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Legend,RRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Was Brent there? Would have been a proper lip-quiverfest, that.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Was Brent there? Would have been a proper lip-quiverfest, that.

webb was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle XI v Nike Academy   Argyle XI v Nike Academy Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle XI v Nike Academy
Page 1 of 1