Freathy
125+1
Mock Cuncher
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:43 am

Should we pay back his heating expenses?

Why? - Close ties with Ridsdale coming to an end? Interesting how this "may" tie up with the Dispatches programme, maybe?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:57 am

Best of luck to him. Can't blame him for much, if truth be told.

Role on Paul Hart (vomit)
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Sacked according to the statement?

Quote :
Ultimately however, whatever the challenges, football is a results business and, today, Argyle sit bottom of the Football League with only one point out of 27.

It is crucial that we give ourselves time to attempt to preserve Football League status and therefore it is felt that a change of manager now is the only option.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:11 pm

wow this happened quicker than i heard it would, ro and fletcher in temp charge?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Thought he'd never leave.

Maybe the club thinks it's politically best to used the word 'resigned' given how he has 'stuck' with us through the worst period in our history. Although I seriously doubt he went without any wages.

Glad to see him go. As I've said before, and I know some will disagree, but last season there were far far too many shocking 'performances' under monkey heed with good L1 quality players like BWP, Joe Mason, Craig Noone, Conner Clifford, Yala Bolasie, Reda Johnson.

Peter Reid - Argyle legend? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 pm

Freathy wrote:

Peter Reid - Argyle legend? I don't think so.
Not a chance! And nor is Carl Fletcher, but that's another story for another thread.

On what authority does Ridsdale have to sack anybody? Is he chairman, can I be chairman given that I actually pay my own money to Argyle?

If it was the administrators, then fair enough. But I'd hope that they have bigger fish to fry at the moment than suddenly become the fountain of knowledge on football results.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:33 pm

I mean, really, what IS the point of that?. This smacks of a desperate last swish of the tail from Ridsdale, touting his ass round the country looking for another job he causes one of the very few decent human beings left at Argyle to look for one too. Ridsdale doesn't give a shit about Argyle, he's only in it for himself, so why do this?.

I don't think Reidy is a good lower league manager at all but no-one could have managed that shambles in the time he's been here. Why not allow stability to break out then see what can be achieved?. Integrity, honesty, trust, transparency and unity. Five things Ridsdale doesn't possess or would have a clue what they mean or what they're worth.

The only appointment acceptable in the situation we're in would be Ro and Fletch. Might as well give the natural leaders a go, could compliment each other well too - Fletch for the fist pumping, Ro for the quiet arm around the shoulder. If Ridsdale uses this moment to get 'jobs for the boys' though and Paul Hart comes in, it should be pitchforks at the ready Suspect.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:50 pm

If we were going to sack him it would have been November/December last year where, as Freathy said, the squad was good enough to be competing better than we were. We stuck with him and to be fair with the squad we were left with after the points deduction we actually did pretty well for the rest of the season. This year, football wise it hasn't been pretty but quite frankly it is morally an outrageous decision at this moment of time.

Hopefully the Trust use this as a reason to get angry at the rest of the knobjockeys infesting our club. Mass, organised protest with the aim of booting Ridsdale out and forcing Guilfoyle's hand. He's proven himself to be morally corrupt and dead inside elsewhere, this is the first clear sign (apart from the sick hegemony of oppression of the staff of course) of the way this prick works.

Ridsdale OUT
Back to top Go down

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:38 pm

I imagine getRidsdale has got a replacement lined up to start on Monday. Otherwise there is no point in this at all. What was the difference between this week and last week which has forced his hand?

I have never been convinced by Peter Reid as a manager, but as a man he has my respect.

The club remains a laughing stock. Actions not words.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Beeb say sacked.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Make no mistake, he was sacked. If he was going to walk he'd have done so months ago.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Chairman Webb is being hoisted by his own PASOTI petard now by not issuing a statement immediately. All his Trust members want to know how they should think and he's fannying around on the Hoe with his family, how very dare he.

I had a little smile though, on the Brent statement thread, where Saturday Service, a poster with good provenance, actually alluded to this happening yesterday along with a lot of other good info as to how the Brent takeover was progressing. The Chairman got a little snippy with him, how dare the plebs actually know something!!
Back to top Go down

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Chairman Webb is being hoisted by his own PASOTI petard now by not issuing a statement immediately. All his Trust members want to know how they should think and he's fannying around on the Hoe with his family, how very dare he.

I had a little smile though, on the Brent statement thread, where Saturday Service, a poster with good provenance, actually alluded to this happening yesterday along with a lot of other good info as to how the Brent takeover was progressing. The Chairman got a little snippy with him, how dare the plebs actually know something!!

Dear old Chris doesn't really "get" this internet thing Very Happy

I think he should get one of the other trust commitee members do deal with the internet communications. He is obviously working very hard but takes things too personally. And of course he deserves time off so there must be a deputy chairman who can step up at times like this?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Reid has had easily the hardest job of any manager in my time as a supporter and frankly i can't really make a judgement on hm as a manager either way.It seemed that everything that could conspire against him did conspire against him in his efforts to build a decent team.Argyle were starting to look good before BWP,Noone,Clifford etc could not be retained last season,who knows how Reid's reign may have worked out given a fair chance.He has handled himself with commendable dignity in a situation where he must have known that his last chance as a manager was slippng away,so good luck to him.Will it make a difference? Don't think so myself,i think Argyle's problems are ones of quality of personnel and without an improvement in that regard,we've had it.
Back to top Go down

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:

Indeed. I'm afraid our glorious leader may well be showing worrying signs of the disease that affects the leader of it's stablemate.
Not only was long time wannabe matchday announcer HBLC firmly told Mr Webb had his eyes on the job, we now see fund raising ideas of other lesser mortals being shot down because Mr Webb had a similar idea first !
And then of course there was embarrassingly the "one day son, all this will be yours" moment at the Pavillions. It really doesn't auger well for the future at all.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I imagine getRidsdale has got a replacement lined up to start on Monday. Otherwise there is no point in this at all. What was the difference between this week and last week which has forced his hand?

I have never been convinced by Peter Reid as a manager, but as a man he has my respect.

The club remains a laughing stock. Actions not words.

Like i said the other day on another thread, look no further than ro and fletch on a tempory basis
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Fletcher - captain supremo, lost his head at Southend and got himself sent off. Captained successive relegations and the clause which he triggered to stay here over the summer showed more an acceptance of how far his stock has fallen than any sort of loyalty (there isn't a club among the 92 who'd give him the wages he's on)

Romain - a gent, sure, but this guy can barely work out what is going on in his own six yard box let alone across the rest of the pitch/club. I can't understand him very well either; an he's been living here in England 10 years now bless him!

Roll on the good times...

Neutral
Back to top Go down

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:09 pm

What's left on Reid's contract, will he be getting a pay out?

And...

What happens if Ridsdale brings in another manager (possibly a mate!) on a very hefty wage and a long contract?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Not that it'll cause you any distress Mock but I can't share your cynical views on Ro and Fletcher. They're the only individuals I recognise physically and moraly in that very shitty team of rejected professionals and pubescent wannabes. If i'm to reconnect my 'give-a-shit-o-meter' once the family values are restored I need characters like that to identify with.

I'm less fussed about ability and more concerned with heart, the spirit of Neil Illman lives strong in me.
Back to top Go down

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:34 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Fletcher - captain supremo, lost his head at Southend and got himself sent off. Captained successive relegations and the clause which he triggered to stay here over the summer showed more an acceptance of how far his stock has fallen than any sort of loyalty (there isn't a club among the 92 who'd give him the wages he's on)

I couldn't agree more. All he could say around his thumbs thing that split the squad down the middle was how much the players would lose out if they were relegated.
If Jonah was a footballer, he'd be called "Fletch". I take no pleasure in that, he's just years past a decent player. A few good end of season appearances on loan gave no indication how poor he had become.... hugely overrated, bar a couple of good long range pings. Stiurrock's desperation to sign him must have given him a messiah complex... and hence his subsequent domination of Mariner. As captain and senior professional, he must take a big share of the blame. One of those players that does more damage than is initially apparent. Since his arrival, no defensive back four have had a jot of cover to protect them, and hence his fall out with Seip, who then took all the flack on the orders of Sturrock and the Farm.

I'm not sure on Roman either, lovely man and looker he may be. But how come he allowed Ridsdale and Guilfoyle to wheel him out every five minutes ...what sort of judgement is that ... ah, yes, the sort of judgement he shows on crosses..... none.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:50 pm

'Timing is everything' the famous cliche goes..

I find it more than strange that Reid 'moves on' just as a new 'new' owner is emerging from the fog, or not....

This is all part of much bigger 'powerplay' move behind the scenes.
Back to top Go down

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:10 pm

Rickler wrote:
'Timing is everything' the famous cliche goes..

I find it more than strange that Reid 'moves on' just as a new 'new' owner is emerging from the fog, or not....

This is all part of much bigger 'powerplay' move behind the scenes.

You can bet your sweet ass on that one Ricks!

Who really believes that Reid was sacked just prior to Brent taking over and Ridsdale rumoured to be about to move on?

Or, could it be that Reid helped keep the fans and players sweet as Heaney delayed the process and Ridsdale and the administrator milked what was left from the cow and now Reid gets his back pay and compensation? I hope it covers the heating bill!

It's a nice little earner for all concerned if you ask me, unless of course you're a creditor or a fan!

I just love a conspiracy! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:30 pm

X Isle wrote:
Not that it'll cause you any distress Mock but I can't share your cynical views on Ro and Fletcher. They're the only individuals I recognise physically and moraly in that very shitty team of rejected professionals and pubescent wannabes. If i'm to reconnect my 'give-a-shit-o-meter' once the family values are restored I need characters like that to identify with.

I'm less fussed about ability and more concerned with heart, the spirit of Neil Illman lives strong in me.
Don't get me wrong, I like them - espesh of course Ro, I'm just thoroughly unenthused by the idea of them as joint managers.
Back to top Go down

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:15 pm

I'm sure both Ricks and Gob have a handle on something, and the Dispatches connection was certainly not given the time of day on the Farm.... typical. It's also possible that a deal is imminent and this is the start.

However, here's another possible into the mix:-
What better way to ward off more player strikes than to offer the strike leaders a promotion. We'll only know that one at the end of the month and if Brent's negotiations extend well into October in a Heaneyesque manner with more deferrals.

Overall, this latest move is symptomatic of a very very sick process with few answers. I'm agnostic about Reid, I was never interested in the bill paying propaganda, too much like the wet socket scenario, but thought his teams were very poor last season. He didn't irritate me though like Sturrock did, and no one can deny he was dealt a bad hand.... but then his job was to stand up for the playing side of the club. That he patently did not do.... he rolled over like a pussycat for far too long.... very poor.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Nice bloke, but he had to go. The system Reid employed (although pretty) doesn't work without any frontmen. Not sure who would want to come but I hope to fuck it isn't Paul Hart.

Says on the Farm that they'll be a press conference tomorrow to talk more about Reid's sacking and the short term managerial appointment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reid Resigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reid Resigns!   Reid Resigns! Empty

Back to top Go down

Reid Resigns!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next