The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Friends of Central Park

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Friends of Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Friends of Central Park be warned

I heard that Mr Brent plans to build a road around the Lyndhurst and Barn Park stands to have a vehicle entrance to his complex in the Higher Car Park. This is because the Council is giving him limit time to use the public walk way he is using now. There was no plan to have any vehicle movement in front of the Life Center

Last edited by Tgwu on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Friends of Central Park be warned

I heard that Mr Brent plans to build a road around the Lyndhurst and Barn Park stands to have a vehicle entrance to his complex in the Higher Car Park. This is because the Council is giving him limit time to use the public walk way he is using now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Does he own that space? I don't think he does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Seems like Ian's been busy story creating again.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:18 pm

The current arrangements for accessing Mr Brent's car park are atrocious - either ignore the no entry sign opposite Seagrave road or ignore the newly-erected 'authorised access only' signs outside the Life Centre (PAFC have a temporary sign which they put next to these). Parking in the park and ride car park and walking up is obviously an option - but not one many are choosing. It's not clear whether the paved area opposite the Grandstand is for parking or not.

My concerns are twofold : I can see there being an accident outside the Life Centre; and how are customers going to access the developments in the Mr Brent's carpark. I raised this question with my local councillor who promised to get back to me - but hasn't. I was told the outline plans would be available on 14th December (I had assumed he meant this year, but perhaps he meant 2013).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:19 pm

I had also understood that the outline was to be published before Xmas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:25 pm

This is a plan of the land that was being negotiated. I am not sure if the council now owns (and leases back to the club) all of the area within the red line - save for that within the blue that's owned by Mr Brent etc - or if it is solely the stadium without the surrounding land. If the latter is the case I still don't see that Mr Brent could simply drive a road around the back. I did actually ask the question on here many months ago about the land behind the Barn Park end but had no reply.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:34 pm

No

No development on my park please.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
No

No development on my park please.

Too late .... the council already lifted covenants on the car-park to enable an hotel to be built.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Sooner or later the banker is going to have to publish his plans, and most folk are waiting for that .
Many city dwellers are waiting to see if he is any better than Todd or Heaney. For all his smooth talk, I don't trust him one inch with OUR park. Access has always been a bone of contention and I have heard of this nasty option before.
It is one of several points to be battled over to keep the park a park. He mght end up very unpopular if he's not careful. Our allotment association are keeping tabs on it.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:52 pm

I heard it was a done deal, it involves cutting down some tree to widen the road around the Lyndhurst Stand. Who is friendly with both leaders of the Club and Council
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:56 pm

I think you'll find there are protection orders on the trees linning 'Wembley way' behind the Lyndhurst.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Penzance wrote:
I think you'll find there are protection orders on the trees linning 'Wembley way' behind the Lyndhurst.

It is not that row of trees. It is no need to go out that far, it is the trees and bushes along with the old boundary fence used to run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends of Central Park   Friends of Central Park Empty

Back to top Go down

Friends of Central Park
Page 1 of 1