HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flooding and Disruption

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Flooding and Disruption Empty
PostSubject: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Chaos everywhere in our part of the world. No trains in or out of the South West, on the busiest travelling day of the year.

Good to see this Estate Agents under water tho'. Estate Agents are all basically spivvy slimy fucks who pretend they're working for you. They deserve to get wet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Not nice. Imagine spending Xmas in a town hall or temporary accommadation? I bet there are some ruined presesnts sat swimming under the trees all over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:40 pm

The Tamar at Greystone bridge is higher than my mum in law has seen it since she were a kid and that is a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:07 pm

It feels like it's been raining for about 3 years now only occasionally stopping for no more than a few days at a time. Something is very wrong with the UK weather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Glad I travelled yesterday evening. Paddington quiet, and managed to get a seat... plus train only delayed by 25 minutes.

Not possible to get beyond Tiverton today, should imagine it's hell on the roads too driving in these conditions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:47 pm

I have never seen the ground so water logged, a light shower seems to be enough to cause havoc and mini tsunamis running down the street.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:49 pm

There's still a hospipe ban. Wrong kind of rain.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 7:40 pm

I've got a tee booked for Xmas Eve morning - looks like it'll be a full english and hitting the Rattler early... drunken
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I've got a tee booked for Xmas Eve morning - looks like it'll be a full english and hitting the Rattler early... drunken

Which course? Played at Lostwithiel last week,clearly it had been under water quite recently,god knows what its like this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Anyone know what the roads are like in the South Hams - road to Stoke Gabriel?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Black with a white line down the middle and a tad damp! tongue

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:37 pm

knecht wrote:
Anyone know what the roads are like in the South Hams - road to Stoke Gabriel?

If you're making the trip Knecht then I would imagine that it'll be OK if you use the A38 and then via Totnes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:19 am

Just keep your doors locked going through Narnia Totnes and it will be fine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:27 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Chaos everywhere in our part of the world. No trains in or out of the South West, on the busiest travelling day of the year.

Good to see this Estate Agents under water tho'. Estate Agents are all basically spivvy slimy fucks who pretend they're working for you. They deserve to get wet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

all estate agents are cnuts thats why whenever i do move i do it privately its cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 9:13 am

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Which course? Played at Lostwithiel last week,clearly it had been under water quite recently,god knows what its like this week.

Boringdon Park. For a fairly new course, it drains pretty well. But it will need to!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:08 pm

My mate has just got back from Zurich and he said the weather was shitty all over Europe, they caught a train up through Basle and into the Alps and were heading for the Matterhorn, didn't get there because of the snow! The guard said the train will get there as a matter of principle but he said the timetable was out the window, this fact nearly made the guard cry! One of the most expensive countries in Europe but you can buy a ticket for About €100 which allows you to travel anywhere in Switzerland on train, bus, tram, makes our rail network look like the privatised Tory joke that it is.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Such a shame there hasn't been ten years of Nu Labour in the middle to put the railways right instead of accentuating the feck up that is the UK's transport network
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 9:19 pm

Nu Labour, Nu Tory, whats the difference?
Happy Crimbo Seadog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flooding and Disruption   Flooding and Disruption Empty

Back to top Go down

Flooding and Disruption
Page 1 of 1