The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:12 am

Dougie wrote:
What he doesn't answer or respond to is in some ways more interesting than what he does answer. Just as how he reposnds when times are bad are more interesting than when things are hunky dory. He appears to have gone into his shell at bit recently along with the rest of the board don't you think.

Dougie making a good point yet again...

Although to be fair to Brent, it is not like anyone - apart from very recently the Trust and now the PASB - have taken him to task over anything? Local Radio and the local Press don't seem to have much interest in digging behind the facade?

Also, I think I read somewhere that Brent has agreed to meet with the PASTA group again very early in the New Year?

So maybe not in his 'shell' just yet?

Apart from flying to meet me, (and I'd treat him to a 'Mexican' and a few Margaritas for his troubles...) I'd like to see Mr. Brent meet with the trust - who I am sure would treat him to a pastie and an ale.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:47 am

Yes Brent is to be the guest speaker at the PASTA meeting in early January. Possibly arranged as part of Tony Hooper's reward for his efforts, much as the others are being rewarded for the good work they have done.

We know about Chris Webb's reward and Ian Newell's, and Carl Fletcher despite having one of the worst managerial records of any Argyle manager ever keeps being rewarded with another months salary win lose or draw.

Yet the Trust, so revered by messers Webb and Newell previously, cannot even get an answer to a polite letter outlining concerns fans have about the club and how it is being run.

If the PASB do not receive a satisfactory answer that can be relayed back to the fans shortly, what a coup it will be for Hooper to be able to allay fans fears with a statement saying something along the lines of,

"The club isn't performing as well as we had hoped, but the shortfall is being covered by me. There is no danger of the club slipping into another period of administration because I knew I would have to make up the shortfall this season, and have budgeted for a loss this season. However the aim all along is for the club to become self sufficient next season. Carl Fletcher is doing a remarkable job as manager, something that is remarked upon often by fans who contact me. We all feel that some assistance is needed to help Carl with everyday tasks which stop him from doing what he does best, managing the team. The club were considering appointing John Ward who did take another role at another club where he has a great affinity and attachment. This tells me that he was not the person needed for the DOF role at Argyle. We had enquiries from some of the biggest names in football and will take our time to appoint the right person who will dovetail with Carl to make this club successful. The plans for the grandstand are coming along on schedule and it will be another piece in the Argyle jigsaw and help the club become a sporting capital of the Southwest"

Nothig new, no meat on any bones, but just enough to satisfy the fans who believe that James Brent is the messiah.

Tony Hooper will then swagger into PASB meetings, name dropping and commenting on text messages and phone calls that he receives from Mr Brent, and be rewarded with a seat in the Directors Box between Ian Newell and Mr Brents Argyle mad children.

Huzzah! cheers
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:33 am

May I suggest a mini-bus filled woith the Trust Board and other vociferous supporters to attend and ask Mr Brent face to face the questions he refuses to answer in writing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
May I suggest a mini-bus filled woith the Trust Board and other vociferous supporters to attend and ask Mr Brent face to face the questions he refuses to answer in writing.

You know full well what would happen Damon. He would be ushered away by the likes of PJ and other attending jamboys.

For them, their position at Brent's table far outweighs what is good for the club and its fanbase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:30 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Now that is a pretty good suggestion. It's not that far for me and I've got some questions I would like to ask Mr Hooper and Mr Brent.

If this is a goer I would try my utmost to get there. I'm quite shy though, so I would probably only have a couple of dozen questions for them.

My guess is that Mr Brent portly chauffeur will make an appearance and probably take along his son Mike to quote more lines from violent films to me. Oh happy days. Christmas in early January. I'm getting really quite excited about this already.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:03 am

Regarding the questions the Trust asked Brent ---

Damon.Leznor on Pasoti wrote:

I am certain that the actual reply will be made public at some point. It does not make for pretty reading.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=72929&p=1248146#p1248146

Two things....

So what did Brent's reply to the trust actually say?

Why is it being witheld from us?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:55 am

Rickler wrote:

I am certain that the actual reply will be made public at some point. It does not make for pretty reading.

Two things....

So Damon knows what it said but isn't telling ? Maybe trust man Mr Symons would care to share it with the people ?

My guess is that the culture of self promotion has now reached such a level , that the wannabes fear an end to their personal ambitions should they offend Brent and his jamboys.
Back to top Go down
tcm

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:02 am

so many questions from the tring,the man who wont answer a direct question, poor show,
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:08 am

tcm wrote:
so many questions from the tring,the man who wont answer a direct question, poor show,

Dimwit,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
tcm

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:13 am

thats a bit strong Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:33 am

Considering the way you write... Not really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 am

Tringreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Two things....

So Damon knows what it said but isn't telling ? Maybe trust man Mr Symons would care to share it with the people ?

My guess is that the culture of self promotion has now reached such a level , that the wannabes fear an end to their personal ambitions should they offend Brent and his jamboys.

I shouldn't really dignify your shallow accusations with an answer, but, since you haven't even had the decency to inform people who it is you choose to denigrate I will have to ask you a simple question so as to enlighten myself and your audience.

Is it myself, Tim, Ed, Andy or Jon S who you think is so self promoting, and so much of a wannabe, that we fear offending people in case we somehow damage our personal ambitions?

If you are going to make such statements, you really need to do a few things first. You need to think about who you are accusing of these things, you have to think of why you are accusing them of them (here evidence of previous behaviour is normally quite good), and, you need to consider that these people are voluntarily running a collective organisation on behalf of members, the vast majority of which do not post on ATD.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:47 am

While Tringy is thinking about that...

Could you answer my questions, please John?

Last edited by Rickler on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:47 am

john petrie wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Two things....

I shouldn't really dignify your shallow accusations with an answer, but, since you haven't even had the decency to inform people who it is you choose to denigrate I will have to ask you a simple question so as to enlighten myself and your audience.

Is it myself, Tim, Ed, Andy or Jon S who you think is so self promoting, and so much of a wannabe, that we fear offending people in case we somehow damage our personal ambitions?

If you are going to make such statements, you really need to do a few things first. You need to think about who you are accusing of these things, you have to think of why you are accusing them of them (here evidence of previous behaviour is normally quite good), and, you need to consider that these people are voluntarily running a collective organisation on behalf of members, the vast majority of which do not post on ATD.

I'll ask you then. Did you receive a reply ? Has Damon seen it ? Why haven't you passed the reply onto your members ?

What is it to be, transparency or smoke n mirrors ?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:19 am

He's not answering the same question on the farm today either.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=72713&start=30

If the Trust doesn't show transparency, it will wither and die.

It has approx 1300 members and Exeter's has approx 4000. Given the relative, historical support base of each club, we should expect double their membership numbers IF, and it is a crucial 'IF', the people really see and believe that the Trust is the only true home for all Argyle fans and that the football club will need it to be ready before too long, if the current shambles continues.

In order to grow in numbers, strength and respect , it simply has to be open and honest with its membership. The club has become a cesspit of self interest and deviousness. It must stand apart from such behaviours. Saying one thing in private and anther thing in public is what this club is now sadly all about.

Mean what you say and say what you mean.

Last edited by Tringreen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:51 am

The trust has been supported on here and rightly so. However it is Time to put or shut up.

I will ask again, what did James Brent say in response to this request?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
The trust has been supported on here and rightly so. However it is Time to put or shut up.

I will ask again, what did James Brent say in response to this request?

No doubt a response is imminent................. once they have decided what they are willing to let us know Rolling Eyes

Damon could always spill the beans of course.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:20 pm

I think the Trust will have to show us the reply, once it has been digested and they figure out their own course of action. The 'leak' is probably less helpful to them than Damon intended as people will then demand immediate knowledge, tho he's not the type to keep something quiet if it is rankling him!

Be an interesting week or two at Trust HQ.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I think the Trust will have to show us the reply, once it has been digested and they figure out their own course of action. The 'leak' is probably less helpful to them than Damon intended as people will then demand immediate knowledge, tho he's not the type to keep something quiet if it is rankling him!

Be an interesting week or two at Trust HQ.

All we can do is speculate while they prevaricate I suppose.

I reckon he'll have told them to quieten down or he won't talk to them and will throw the gazebos out of the ground.

Excellent news if true.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:48 am

So what's the plan men ? You've had 24 hrs to come up with one Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:00 am

Unless the reply contained something strictly confidential, business sensitive or of very personal information I do not understand why the reply cannot be made public in full. As a Trust member I would like to request that it is please or, a genuine and bona fide reason for not doing so provided.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:42 pm

On the one hand the trust is asking for transparency yet refusing to be transparent itself.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Grovehill wrote:
No one's asking Brent for a rewrite of War And Peace, just an A4 sized statement confirming his commitment to support the football club and what his plans are to strenghten/support the management structure both on the playing and administrative side of things.

Presumably he's not sitting twiddling his fingers while he tries to thing of what to do with the football club, he's got plans, all he neeeds to do is let the paying customers now what they are.

You can bet that if rumours started circulating about his Hotel business being on shaky ground, there'd be a statement refuting them in a flash.

actions speak loudef than words for me the fact brent refuses to answer the trust but has his lapdogs defend him says all i need to know about him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:03 pm

I'm loathe to criticise the Trust and have every sympathy for theit board members who came under attack from the superfan wankers, attacks which have carried on with the announcement of new board members and even The President stuck the boot into Ed Shillabeer, albeit in relation to the PASB, but I have to say that I am extremely disappointed that the question remains unanswered.

If Brent has told the Trust to feck off or keep their noses out then the fans shoudl know who we are dealing with. The same goes if he has just ignored the correspondence.

If it is a case of not wanting to jeapordise the relationship with Brent I would counter that with what relationship? He's either extremely shy or doesn't want to engage with the AFT. He has come up with the idea of the PASB and yet doesn't seem to have answered their concerns either.

In fact the only fans he does seem to want to have any involvement are the superfan wankers. Webb, Newell, Jameson, Hooper and various former Trust board members like PL2 Faced don't like the idea of democratic elections, they feel that they have some god given right to be able to make the decisions on how Argyle is to be run, yet none of them, with the exception of Hooper who's PASB election campaign was on a par with the U.S. Presidential election candidates campaigns, are willing to put their necks on the line in an election.

Even for a position as a Pasoti mod they don't face any kind of threat of not getting what they want.

Webb is purely Brent's mouthpiece now, and Newell the same but because of his proven track record of scumbaggery, he doesn't get the title Webb has, only the badge and car park pass. These people should not have any input whatsoever into Trust or PASB elections, yet PASB candidates were threatened with not getting any support of Pasoti posters in the PASB elections if they continued to post on ATD.

It's about time that someone publicly told Webb, Newell and all the other wankers to butt out. Keep your feckin noses out. If you want to have a say in the running of these fans boards, stand for election, if not then crawl back into your holes and STFU.

PL2 Faced as a Pasoti mod seems to think he can stamp his feet and criticise anyone else he doesn't like on the Trust board, and they will go.

Sorry weasel face but these people put their names into the hat whilst you just let your cowardly mates attack them anonymously. Newell is the same. Sets up the Deepthroat and Windsor Boy accounts with one aim and one aim only, to force out anyone who doesn't suck Brent or Webbs cock out of reverance.

And yet these cowardly scumbags are friends with Brent. What does that tell you? It tells you that they are his henchmen doing whatever he wants. Why else would he remain so close to Newell when it has been shown what an odious cnut he really is? Why would he have some much respect for Webb when he is a man who has blatantly sold out for a badge and title? Then there are the slightly lower on the rung deputies who will do anything the two generals ask of them.

Even Ponty is showing his support for Newell again on Pasoti Razz It's good that some of them are crawling back out of the woodwork and going public instead of being too afraid to put their names to the superfans attacks.

Personally if Webb, Newell or any of their shyster mates showed their face anywhere near a Trust meeting or gazebo, or even tried to take any of the board to one side at a fanfest I would tell them straight. feck off. Go be a turncoat or wanker elsewhere. Go think up some new way of sticking the boot in without being man enough to put your name to it.

Same with Pasoti. The people who run Pasoti have helped set up these accounts and then helped to erase all trace of them to protect their friends. These tossers should be told in no uncertain terms where to go as well.

Maybe it will show these throbbers up if it is revealed what Brent has said in reply. I know Damon is itching to reveal what has been said and isn't afraid to stand up to the wankers. I wish Tim and the others would do the same now. Too much time has passed now and it is showing how little respect Brent has for the Trust.

I would shit in an envelope and tell him that's the answer to your ridiculous 20% share offer. Then walk off and let him come chasing you if he wants anything from now on. If Trust members boycotted a couple of home games in protest to the lack of respect, it wouldn't take long for Brent to realise how fan engagement is supposed to work. It's for all fans Brent. Not just the ones who lick your ass and drive you around like your personal chauffeur!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I'm loathe to criticise the Trust and have every sympathy for theit board members who came under attack from the superfan wankers, attacks which have carried on with the announcement of new board members and even The President stuck the boot into Ed Shillabeer, albeit in relation to the PASB, but I have to say that I am extremely disappointed that the question remains unanswered.

If Brent has told the Trust to feck off or keep their noses out then the fans shoudl know who we are dealing with. The same goes if he has just ignored the correspondence.

If it is a case of not wanting to jeapordise the relationship with Brent I would counter that with what relationship? He's either extremely shy or doesn't want to engage with the AFT. He has come up with the idea of the PASB and yet doesn't seem to have answered their concerns either.

In fact the only fans he does seem to want to have any involvement are the superfan wankers. Webb, Newell, Jameson, Hooper and various former Trust board members like PL2 Faced don't like the idea of democratic elections, they feel that they have some god given right to be able to make the decisions on how Argyle is to be run, yet none of them, with the exception of Hooper who's PASB election campaign was on a par with the U.S. Presidential election candidates campaigns, are willing to put their necks on the line in an election.

Even for a position as a Pasoti mod they don't face any kind of threat of not getting what they want.

Webb is purely Brent's mouthpiece now, and Newell the same but because of his proven track record of scumbaggery, he doesn't get the title Webb has, only the badge and car park pass. These people should not have any input whatsoever into Trust or PASB elections, yet PASB candidates were threatened with not getting any support of Pasoti posters in the PASB elections if they continued to post on ATD.

It's about time that someone publicly told Webb, Newell and all the other wankers to butt out. Keep your feckin noses out. If you want to have a say in the running of these fans boards, stand for election, if not then crawl back into your holes and STFU.

PL2 Faced as a Pasoti mod seems to think he can stamp his feet and criticise anyone else he doesn't like on the Trust board, and they will go.

Sorry weasel face but these people put their names into the hat whilst you just let your cowardly mates attack them anonymously. Newell is the same. Sets up the Deepthroat and Windsor Boy accounts with one aim and one aim only, to force out anyone who doesn't suck Brent or Webbs cock out of reverance.

And yet these cowardly scumbags are friends with Brent. What does that tell you? It tells you that they are his henchmen doing whatever he wants. Why else would he remain so close to Newell when it has been shown what an odious cnut he really is? Why would he have some much respect for Webb when he is a man who has blatantly sold out for a badge and title? Then there are the slightly lower on the rung deputies who will do anything the two generals ask of them.

Even Ponty is showing his support for Newell again on Pasoti Razz It's good that some of them are crawling back out of the woodwork and going public instead of being too afraid to put their names to the superfans attacks.

Personally if Webb, Newell or any of their shyster mates showed their face anywhere near a Trust meeting or gazebo, or even tried to take any of the board to one side at a fanfest I would tell them straight. feck off. Go be a turncoat or wanker elsewhere. Go think up some new way of sticking the boot in without being man enough to put your name to it.

Same with Pasoti. The people who run Pasoti have helped set up these accounts and then helped to erase all trace of them to protect their friends. These tossers should be told in no uncertain terms where to go as well.

Maybe it will show these throbbers up if it is revealed what Brent has said in reply. I know Damon is itching to reveal what has been said and isn't afraid to stand up to the wankers. I wish Tim and the others would do the same now. Too much time has passed now and it is showing how little respect Brent has for the Trust. I would shit in an envelope and tell him that's the answer to your ridiculous 20% share offer. Then walk off and let him come chasing you if he wants anything from now on. If Trust members boycotted a couple of home games in protest to the lack of respect, it wouldn't take long for Brent to realise how fan engagement is supposed to work. It's for all fans Brent. Not just the ones who lick your ass and drive you around like your personal chauffeur!

Not just the trust but all fans!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   

Back to top Go down

The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: