The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:48 pm

knecht wrote:

Has anyone spoken directly with the Trust either through one of the Board or via their web-site?

I just emailed Tim as he is the Trust's "media rep" using the email address on the Trust website, 'officially' asking for an explanation - just in case nobody had actually done it - regarding Brent's reply.

I eagerly await Tim's response...
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:31 am

Don't hold your breath..................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:58 am

The Trust contacted James Brent in early December, posted details on their website on 7th December, and posted again on 18th December that it had repeated it's calls for transparency.

That is far too long Tim, Richard and the others, for Trust members to be waiting for answers.

The fans are understandably worried about our league status, the way the club is being run, and because of this delay in hearing anything, are extremely worried about Mr Brent and his current plans. If he has answered then what is the problem? If you are too embarrassed to reveal that he has treated you with contempt then the fans should know what the club owner thinks of his customers.

If James Brent wants to run Argyle under the same umbrella as his other companies then he should treat it's customers as well as paying guests at his hotels expect to be treated.

If James Brent, as many are speculating, has told the Trust to keep their nose and rather curtly, then as fans and Trust members we should know this now so there is time for a plan to be put together to do something about it.

James Brent reveals as little as possible when he very infrequently bothers to make any kind of statement regarding the club, other than to say that plans for the grandstand are on track. I couldn't give a toss about the grandstand anymore, I want our on field problems resolved and want to know what our owner plans to do about the mess we are in again, because it's been this way for years now.

Are we really any better off under Brent than say Heaney and his publicity shy backers? Who knows, because the Trust will not reveal his thoughts.

You are missing a huge opportunity to gain support and members here. Later this week JB will be speaking to fans in Filton at the behest of Tony Hooper and PASTA, and if they are given the scoop, get straightforward answers to concerns any fan might air at that meeting, then the Trust's credibility will be zero.

If Brent won't talk to the supporters, or the official supporters groups, then we are in bigger shit than a lot of people realise.

The former Trust leader and now esteemed Club President has been quick to stick the boot in while he sups at the top table, so lets show the sell-out turncoat up by revealing his masters plans.

If James Brent has told the Trust to do one, then Chris Webb will be faced with either continuing to back the person who treats what he once held so dear contemptuously, or sticking to his apparent principles and speaking out against the man he helped get into the hotseat.

By sitting on your hands for weeks and weeks the Trust is in danger of becoming a laughing stock which will never again have enough members to put any pressure on the club when things are going badly. It will be like pissing in the wind trying to speak out against anything in the future if you won't stand up for your members over this.

I could e-mail the Trust and repeat this if that is what you want, but here on ATD we have this section for communicating with Trust board members and for you to keep us updated about current matters. This is in danger of becoming previous matters which will be overtaken soon by something else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:18 am

What he said. If Brent has told the Trust to do one, it's not personal - it's an insult to the fanbase and should be publicised as such.

I'd also be interested to hear the outcome of the consultation on the share offer, which closed on the 21st.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:31 am

It is taking too long. But to give the club a second chance to reply is not unreasonable. And to wait for that reply is also not unreasonable. If you add Xmas and illness into the equation it makes it even more understandable.

The important question is, if Mr Brent has not responded, what are the available options? I suspect very few. We could always walk around Home Park carrying banners saying "Down with this sort of thing." but that would only show how powerless the Trust is in the face of a possibly intransigent owner. It would be seen as one more brick in the wall, though.

Or we could let off steam by stamping our feet on an internet forum. That'll make more of a difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:35 am

PS
I guess an option would be to publicise it wider - possibly using leaflets at HP - by attempting to get the press interested. The local press certainly should go with it but the national media ought to show an interest in Argyle's potentially worrying situation. And businesses who rely on a positive message being put across to get punters in don't like bad publicity.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:38 am

knecht wrote:
It is taking too long. But to give the club a second chance to reply is not unreasonable. And to wait for that reply is also not unreasonable. If you add Xmas and illness into the equation it makes it even more understandable.

The important question is, if Mr Brent has not responded, what are the available options? I suspect very few. We could always walk around Home Park carrying banners saying "Down with this sort of thing." but that would only show how powerless the Trust is in the face of a possibly intransigent owner. It would be seen as one more brick in the wall, though.

Or we could let off steam by stamping our feet on an internet forum. That'll make more of a difference.

Or the trust could speak out and voice their concerns to the whole fanbase. Set up Gazebos outside the ground and encourage all those who don't trust or respect the people now running the club to join up/make a donation and walk away from the ground.
Hopefully, the trust will gain a groundswell of support and 'be there' to pick up the pieces when Brent throws in the towel.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:42 am

knecht wrote:
PS
I guess an option would be to publicise it wider - possibly using leaflets at HP - by attempting to get the press interested. The local press certainly should go with it but the national media ought to show an interest in Argyle's potentially worrying situation. And businesses who rely on a positive message being put across to get punters in don't like bad publicity.

I'm not so sure that the media would publicise anything that could be deemed as being anti Brent. I see there's a thread on the polit bureau with the sarcastic name of BBC, Brent's Broadcasting Corporation.....that kinda sums it up at a time when there are all sorts of accusations aimed at the Government, the BBC and the media regarding Corporate media publicity protection.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:51 am

GOB wrote:
I'm not so sure that the media would publicise anything that could be deemed as being anti Brent. I see there's a thread on the polit bureau with the sarcastic name of BBC, Brent's Broadcasting Corporation.....that kinda sums it up at a time when there are all sorts of accusations aimed at the Government, the BBC and the media regarding Corporate media publicity protection.
I quite like that.

BBC Radio Devon.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:58 am

GOB wrote:

I agree - that's why I put it as 'should'. The lack of any real questioning of Brent's achievements by the local press is worrying.

It would take a step-change in the running of the Trust for them to organise any demonstration at the ground. But that shouldn't stop the attempt to spread the word by, say, handing out leaflets.

Maybe we should call on King Arthur to rise and gather the people again. Now, who would play King Arthur?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:00 am

knecht wrote:

The world needs lots of reasonable people like you, Knecht flower

Thing is, though, rumours (and more - Damon's post, for instance) suggest that the Trust has received a reply. In which case, not to pass that reply to the members who ARE the Trust suggests that the Trust Board have the same problems with democracy that we see throughout the club.

As for what form a protest might take, that's another one of the beauties of a mass organisation: there will be lots of ideas and experience to draw on. All the leaders have to do is coordinate it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:09 am

Peggy wrote:
The world needs lots of reasonable people like you, Knecht flower

Thing is, though, rumours (and more - Damon's post, for instance) suggest that the Trust has received a reply. In which case, not to pass that reply to the members who ARE the Trust suggests that the Trust Board have the same problems with democracy that we see throughout the club.

As for what form a protest might take, that's another one of the beauties of a mass organisation: there will be lots of ideas and experience to draw on. All the leaders have to do is coordinate it.

There are lies, damned lies and rumours.

I have actually been told that the Trust have not received a reply. Who knows?! That's one reason I have said to wait & see. I do think it has taken too long but there's no point getting knickers twisted until the Trust makes a statement and makes it clear. I guess, though, that 'no reply' from the club is in fact a reply. I just would want the object of complaint to be the club and not the Trust at the moment.

But, even when the Trust do release their statement, there will be some who will say they're hiding something. Anything for a moan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:17 am

In which case, why has Damon said publicly that the Trust has received a reply?

Believe me, I don't want to moan about the Trust - far from it. But when members keep asking for answers, any sensible leaders produce them. Even if the answer is simply that there is no answer.

Edited to add: And now I see Tony Hooper - that well known number one fan of the Trust - also says a reply has been received. It's downright embarrassing that he, of all people, should know stuff that the members of the Trust don't.

Last edited by Peggy on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:21 am

knecht wrote:

I have actually been told that the Trust have not received a reply.

Ah, but did you have that on good authority? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 am

Peggy wrote:

Believe me, I don't want to moan about the Trust - far from it. But when members keep asking for answers, any sensible leaders produce them. Even if the answer is simply that there is no answer.

Re Damon's comment - indeed! And if my information is wrong, why have I been told that? Who knows?

And I agree with you on the sentence I've highlighted. I'd also add that in the vacuum created by no information, all sorts of fantasies rush in. If nothing else that is good reason for the Trust to make some statement even if it is that they have nothing to report.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 am

Don't worry Charlie, Knecht's new found font of information hasn't gone under my radar Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:33 am

knecht wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Re Damon's comment - indeed! And if my information is wrong, why have I been told that? Who knows?

And I agree with you on the sentence I've highlighted. I'd also add that in the vacuum created by no information, all sorts of fantasies rush in. If nothing else that is good reason for the Trust to make some statement even if it is that they have nothing to report.

Precisely. And this situation wasn't difficult to foresee, either.

And now Hooper the Snooper seems to know more about what's going on than Trust members do, people are seriously going to ask why they've paid to join.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:39 am

Penzance wrote:
Don't worry Charlie, Knecht's new found font of information hasn't gone under my radar Very Happy

I have lots of sources of information. Lots of them have nothing useful to say. Lots of them think they do. Most of them I don't listen to. And the rest, I usually forget what they've told me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:43 am

The truth is ALL fans representing the Trust, Pasb or whatever, have changed their tack, and have withdrawn somewhat from online commenting.. Why that is only time will tell, but it sure appears as if they've all as one seen it useful to behave differently. I wonder where the new almost 'corporate' bon homie has come from ? must be a lot of nudging going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:48 am

Penzance wrote:
The truth is ALL fans representing the Trust, Pasb or whatever, have changed their tack, and have withdrawn somewhat from online commenting.. Why that is only time will tell, but it sure appears as if they've all as one seen it useful to behave differently. I wonder where the new almost 'corporate' bon homie has come from ?

33 years of neo-liberal bullshit, that's where, Penz. We've been told so many times by our national leaders (and employers) that there's no need to combine or do anything collectively, that we'll be looked after if we shut up, that even when we find we're not looked after we've lost the ability to do anything about it.

First they came for the programme writer ...
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:55 am

Bleddy conspiracy theorists lol!
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:57 am

Seems that the Trust has passed the baton on this matter to the PASB who are to have a meeting with JB but this is not happening until 8th January.

Good job there's no on-field crisis at the moment............
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:07 pm

With all that Brent has or hasn't done for the football club-burdened it with miilions of pounds of debts for the next 5 years, asset stipped anything of any worth, failed to appoint a competant manager, DoF, CEO and Chairman etc.etc. this refusal to enter into a dialogue of any sort with the group representing the fans, merely confirms what we already knew.

If you analysis what he has done at Home Park he makes previous regimes like Mc666 look positively well, positive.

I really don't understand why anyone wants to try to enter into any sort of dialogue with him.

Thatcher didn't "ask questions" of the Argentine Govt. thirty years ago-she took direct action.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Grovehill wrote:
With all that Brent has or hasn't done for the football club-burdened it with miilions of pounds of debts for the next 5 years, asset stipped anything of any worth, failed to appoint a competant manager, DoF, CEO and Chairman etc.etc. this refusal to enter into a dialogue of any sort with the group representing the fans, merely confirms what we already knew.

If you analysis what he has done at Home Park he makes previous regimes like Mc666 look positively well, positive.

I really don't understand why anyone wants to try to enter into any sort of dialogue with him.

Thatcher didn't "ask questions" of the Argentine Govt. thirty years ago-she took direct action.

Doubt she'd have done the same if the Russians had invaded.

Having said that, Brent and his burgeoning group of jamboys ,are hardly a threat to anything other than the sanity of thinking fans.

We can all learn to live without Argyle.

Last edited by Tringreen on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Indeed Peggy ..Revisionists of the world unite ! Very Happy Don't rock the lifeboat or you'll be turfed out... there is no other way .... it's how the world is... we'll get through it Very Happy
How easily some people are led to their own misery.
Never, ever believe the squire. Never ever work for him. Always plot his downfall with a smile. Never buy his grain, find and dam his source of water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   

Back to top Go down

The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: