Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:44 pm

http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2012/12/18/trust-repeats-call-for-transparency/

'The Argyle Fans’ Trust has received no answers to a series of questions put to the club, in which supporters concerns about the club’s league position, finances and management structure were raised.

Board members would like to make it clear that the Trust, as the leading campaigning body for supporters during the administration period, continue to believe that a strong and independent supporters voice is crucial to Plymouth Argyle. We have engaged fully with the Plymouth Argyle Supporters Board (PASB) and our actions in taking supporters concerns to the club are meant in no way to undermine a body which has yet to establish itself as an effective voice of supporters.

The Trust played a key role in holding the administrators to account and in supporting James Brent’s bid to buy the club, proving to be an effective and inclusive voice of supporters. Given its background, the Trust will continue to raise supporters’ concerns with the club, particularly at key times of the season such as around transfer windows, and in light of club announcements over key changes to management structure such as the proposed Director of Football.

We have engaged with the PASB to raise these questions again, and will be requesting through that forum that James Brent communicates with supporters as soon as possible on these matters. We wish to encourage as high a level of transparency as possible between the club and supporters.

The Trust remains committed to being a critical friend of the club and, by raising supporters’ concerns, seeks only to help achieve the aim of a top 5% governance model by facilitating two-way communication between the club and its most valuable asset, its supporters.'

Back to top Go down
Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:17 pm

Good work again.

Can we be assured whether his answer is no response, butt out or everything is hunky dory that we get to see what he says (unedited if possible).
Back to top Go down
Tim Chown

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:09 pm

(mods you may want to move this to the Trust forum...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.argylefanstrust.com
mouldyoldgoat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Thread moved as suggested. Razz

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Dougie wrote:
Good work again.

Can we be assured whether his answer is no response, butt out or everything is hunky dory that we get to see what he says (unedited if possible).

And if not, why not ?

The trust will not grow and become the natural home of the vast majority of fans unless it shows bottle.

The club is rife with hidden agendas and personal positioning. The trust cannot call for transparency unless it is transparent itself.

Tell the people the way it really is and they will love you for it.

ps On reflection, my comments are a tad unfair.The OP has already stated that no response was received. The arrogance of the club and the obvious disdain with which it holds the very people it expects to support it financially, is unbelievable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:09 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Thread moved as suggested. Razz

I read the thread earlier and thought "i'll move it in a sec" then forgot lol!

Bleddy mods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:58 pm

I wonder what the previous Trust leader has to say!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:49 pm

GOB wrote:
I wonder what the previous Trust leader has to say!

#nothingtodowithmemate

#gotmyparkingspacenow
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Good statement by the Trust.

Up to now I've reserved judgement on Brent and while the cuddly / speccy image always looked a bit dodgy he did at least save the club (sorry).

The facade is now starting to slip and he's showing his true colours.

How can someone in the hospitality industry deliberately choose to alienate a large chunk of his customer base. To$$er.

I hope the trust will tell him to shove his non-voting shares where the sun doesn't shine.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:36 pm

david_fisher wrote:

How can someone in the hospitality industry deliberately choose to alienate a large chunk of his customer base. To$$er.
I don't think he's really in the hospitality industry any more than you or I could claim to be in the space rocket industry.

Sure, he might own the company who own a hotel group, but that doesn't exactly mean you'll see his grinning mug in reception.

He's a banker.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:22 pm

Do the Fans Trust not "get it"?

With the club apparently sinking into another financial crisis, the Trust asks questions of the owner (who's idea it was to set up the Trust) and gets NO ANSWER.

BRENT ISN'T GOING TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS SO WHAT'S THE POINT IN ASKING AGAIN. HE DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN

What are you going to do? Ask the same question every week until you realise it's a waste of f*cking time?

I bet JB's quaking in his boots-he's been asked an awkward question so he's ignored it-The Trust have now turned the screw by asking the same f*cking question again

FFS grow a pair and start being a pain in his arse. Get onto the local media about how the owner of the club is ignoring the fans, letting the club sink lower & lower etc and generally raising a stink about the state the club is in.

Who's leading the PASB anyway, Nevile Chamberlain? No that's not fair, at least Chamberlain got an answer from Hitler
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:53 pm

I see your point Grovehill but just hold on and see if he answers or not within a sensible timeframe. If not then we know we're in trouble.

If that is the case then first one to see the president grab him and drag him along to a Trust or PASB meeting. If Chris Webb really has sold out to the point that he will stick up for Brent come what may then shout it from the rooftops. Place an ad in local papers explaining that our "saviour" has pretty much shafted the club. Urge as many people aw possible to hit him where it hurts and boycott matches.

It won't take much to bring the club website and ticket line to a standstill so tickets can't get sold.

If he hasn't replied in full by say Friday then like I said, hit him where it hurts.

Might explain the rumours that bills are going unpaid and if this is the case then contact PCC so his planning applications don't get approved for a while. If they don't want to know then someone's greasing palms there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Tactically, I think the Trust have got this spot on. If they constantly throw their toys out of the pram over everything, it (a) gives the impression that they're only there to cause trouble, (b) makes it more difficult to pursue issues - like this one - which are serious, and (c) prevents the club claiming they weren't given enough time to respond.

As Jock says, allow a reasonable time for a response, then start ramping it up.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Has the Trust contacted the national media about this? The BBC runs these sorts of stories on L2 clubs all the time, for example they've run an ostensibly similar story about Rochdale today. That might be a reasonably neutral way of 'encouraging' a response.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20773032
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:51 am

I do think it strange that the trust has now gone through the PASB to ask Brent?

Talk about weaking your position and giving up your identity.

So if Brent answers..? Is he now replying to the the trust or the PASB?
Back to top Go down
Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:05 am

when is someone going to realise that the trust is not going to have an involvement at HP?

Trust should have gone to the media already or maybe gone to the 'President' for an answer as the 'Generalismo' wont reply..............

Those who led the trust helped Brent get the club but it has served its purpose & the PASB is the way foward as far as he is concerned - unless of course the trust u-turn and give brent 400k for nowt!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:30 am

Of course, in the medium term, and if Brent continuies to marginalise and coral a Fans' trust, I would think the way forward would be a withdrawl of Trust reps on the PASB ... it would hardly be worth a light then and show it up for what it was. There really is no point in hanging out for something that is never going to happen.

In the end if "official" fan involvment ain't worth the paper it's written on, then the fans might as well go back to the way it's always been ... putting pressure through the age old channels... the sort of pressure that saw the back of McCauley. That way the Trust could develop a strong RESPECTED INDEPENDENT and EFFECTIVE fan representation for when Brent inevitably jumps ship and yet another inevitable fan squabble ensues. It will need to be better placed next time to ward off the peniless self centered cabal that stole a march.
Deep down, I believe Brent thinks he's already got enough fan involvment anyway with Jones, Webb, Newell and those tent dwellers that "lend" him money.. there's only so much community a banker can take.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:51 am

Penzance wrote:
Of course, in the medium term, and if Brent continuies to marginalise and coral a Fans' trust, I would think the way forward would be a withdrawl of Trust reps on the PASB ... it would hardly be worth a light then and show it up for what it was. There really is no point in hanging out for something that is never going to happen.

In the end if "official" fan involvment ain't worth the paper it's written on, then the fans might as well go back to the way it's always been ... putting pressure through the age old channels... the sort of pressure that saw the back of McCauley. That way the Trust could develop a strong RESPECTED INDEPENDENT and EFFECTIVE fan representation for when Brent inevitably jumps ship and yet another inevitable fan squabble ensues. It will need to be better placed next time to ward off the peniless self centered cabal that stole a march.
Deep down, I believe Brent thinks he's already got enough fan involvment anyway with Jones, Webb, Newell and those tent dwellers that "lend" him money.. there's only so much community a banker can take.

As ever, right on the mark. Educated w@nker !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 am

Tringreen wrote:
Penzance wrote:

As ever, right on the mark. Educated w@nker !!!!!!!!

I don't think it was fan pressure that saw the back of McCauley. More to the point was he was willing to sell provided he got his money back. At one stage he was going to pull the plug on the whole deal, before one supporter coughed up. Whatever people might say about Dan, he wouldn't have sold the club to anyone.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:41 am

It's a bit like Spirit of Shankly claiming That they got Hicks and Gillette out of Liverpool. It wasn't, it was the bank threatening to pull the plug. Other than that I agree with your sentiments penz, nobody wants fan representation.

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:24 am

Rickler wrote:
I do think it strange that the trust has now gone through the PASB to ask Brent?

I don't think the PASB has actually put any questions to Brent yet - their statement says they would seek a meeting with the club to put forward a number of questions.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:00 am

david_fisher wrote:
Rickler wrote:

I don't think the PASB has actually put any questions to Brent yet - their statement says they would seek a meeting with the club to put forward a number of questions.

He won't like it if they ask the wrong sort of questions. lol!

It won't be long before the snooper and the deepthroater actually are the pasb What a Face

The club has gone from bad to worse. We now have a greedy banker being aided and abetted by outclassed, self promoting janners.

Of course the Brentmeister could go a long way to solving the problem by simply hiring a decent football manager and getting rid of those jamboys whose nefarious activities only attract more grief for him.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 am

What he doesn't answer or respond to is in some ways more interesting than what he does answer. Just as how he reposnds when times are bad are more interesting than when things are hunky dory. He appears to have gone into his shell at bit recently along with the rest of the board don't you think.

He has no great love for the Trust having set out the GasBoard (notwithstanding the ludicrous challenge for the Trust to takeover the Gasboard from him and The President) so it's no surprise he'll be at odds with them whenever it suits his purpose. We know from the takevoer that he is prepared to lock horns with anyone Ridsdale, Lombard, Mastpoint for example so he's hardly going to be put off his stride by wither the Trust or the GasBoard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

I don't think it was fan pressure that saw the back of McCauley. More to the point was he was willing to sell provided he got his money back. At one stage he was going to pull the plug on the whole deal, before one supporter coughed up. Whatever people might say about Dan, he wouldn't have sold the club to anyone.
Pressure is a many faced tool. McCauley was being starved out ... even Newell the supposed superfan stopped going to Home Park. ( yes, it's amazing how short some people's memories are ). He was also being told to his face in no uncertain terms how unpopular he was.... and eventually it actually hit home. That community stigma can be very powerful. I don't believe he was ever going to pull the plug, and yes, he probably has 3p worth more regard for the club than Brent will ever have. His threats were just a negotiating stance and a touch of ego .. he got his island ...... and what a joke that turned out to be.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:15 pm

No one's asking Brent for a rewrite of War And Peace, just an A4 sized statement confirming his commitment to support the football club and what his plans are to strenghten/support the management structure both on the playing and administrative side of things.

Presumably he's not sitting twiddling his fingers while he tries to thing of what to do with the football club, he's got plans, all he neeeds to do is let the paying customers now what they are.

You can bet that if rumours started circulating about his Hotel business being on shaky ground, there'd be a statement refuting them in a flash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency   

Back to top Go down

The Trust Repeats Call For Transparency
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: