The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Derby day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 5:01 pm

Well, I got my tickets for derby day on the 15th of december, match, and I decided to go by coach this time, just seems easier.

Well, my girlfriend is on the verge of leaving me because I am going to the game, and she thinks I am going to be killed or stabbed or something similar, so she's decided to go on a begging spree asking me not to go Rolling Eyes

Anyway, it got me thinking, is this really our derby day still? do we have a derby day? exeter matches have descended in to a bunch of teenagers making silly gestures from stand to stand, and the standard of football, obviously woeful.

I personally prefer visits to Torquay, Bristol City, Swindon etc, seems more rival like, rather than the dead atmosphere at St James or the hostile atmosphere at HP.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Games against City have always had an element of trouble. It's been years since I went to Sid James Park but it always used to be an intimidating atmosphere for Argyle fans. This is like their cup final and promotion all rolled into one lol!

I've been to far worse but I still don't think I would be telling too many people in a pub I was a Plymouth fan.

If you want to avoid any trouble it's easy, but if you want to hang about with people who are intent on finding aggro then you will probably deserve everything you get.

I'm not sure I would want to go on a coach though scratch
Back to top Go down

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Cannot stomach witnessing yet another defeat inflicted by Exeter or Torquay.

Think ill give it a miss jocolor
Back to top Go down

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Well, I got my tickets for derby day on the 15th of december, match, and I decided to go by coach this time, just seems easier.

Well, my girlfriend is on the verge of leaving me because I am going to the game, and she thinks I am going to be killed or stabbed or something similar, so she's decided to go on a begging spree asking me not to go Rolling Eyes

Anyway, it got me thinking, is this really our derby day still? do we have a derby day? exeter matches have descended in to a bunch of teenagers making silly gestures from stand to stand, and the standard of football, obviously woeful.

I personally prefer visits to Torquay, Bristol City, Swindon etc, seems more rival like, rather than the dead atmosphere at St James or the hostile atmosphere at HP.

thoughts?

Bring more than the 300 you did last time, maybe the atmosphere might improve.

"It gonna to rain and you gonna to get wet boy"

Can I politely ask the Argyle Hooligans to wear proper attire for the day. A burberry cap, jogging bottoms, hi-tec trainers and a knitted cardigan does your street cred no good at all. Spend some money on yourself if you are going on your annual day out....if not at least wash your clothes
Back to top Go down

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:06 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

thoughts?

Bring more than the 300 you did last time, maybe the atmosphere might improve.

"It gonna to rain and you gonna to get wet boy"

Can I politely ask the Argyle Hooligans to wear proper attire for the day. A burberry cap, jogging bottoms, hi-tec trainers and a knitted cardigan does your street cred no good at all. Spend some money on yourself if you are going on your annual day out....if not at least wash your clothes

First goal, first sending off, first penalty save, first team to concede two, first defeat, first to play in 2 consecutive seasons finals.........................at the New Wembley in a competitive football match..................the Club you cannot stand, Exeter City FC.

First time the scummers had seen running water and lighting. First time the refreshment bars had been asked if they sell squirrel. First time at Wembley Stadium where the fans turned up in a pig truck. First game at Wembley where the dressing room had to be cleaned by Kim and Aggie due to the amount of pig shit and straw on the floor.

First time a side at Wembley had won a trophy which was then worshipped as the new God and given human sacrifices. First time at Wembley that the coloured cards left on the seats for the fans to make a display spelled out "HELP"

First time the supporters at a Wembley match had been filmed and used as extras in a Hollywood Blockbuster, Zombie Apocolypse. First time at Wembley a manager had been arrested by the fashion police.

First time a plane was spotted over Wembley trailing a banner saying "We''ll meet again" and a fan turned to his dad, who was also his brother, and asked "What animal does wheel meat come from"

Support the Argyle Trust
Back to top Go down

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Game, set and match to Jock, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:15 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Cannot stomach witnessing yet another defeat inflicted by Exeter or Torquay.

Think ill give it a miss jocolor

Yep, we're waaaaaaaay to shit to even contemplate going to this
Back to top Go down

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:31 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Game, set and match to Jock, I believe.

Andy, I think he may have the first set but not the match.

I think he may be right about the squirrel meat question.

Set point was the "wheel meat comment"

I am calling time out on this match due to injury....injured pride....out bantered by a Gargoyle of Scottish Dissent.

I used to fecking hate Argyle, but you bastards make it harder to do so. I am all confused...can't we go back to the days when you lot couldn't read. This is why the British Empire imploaded and the Romans no longer rule the world.
Back to top Go down

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:36 pm

If we went back to the days that Janners couldn't read we'd have to turn the clock back at least 3 months. And that'd leave you lot living in caves .
Back to top Go down

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
If we went back to the days that Janners couldn't read we'd have to turn the clock back at least 3 months. And that'd leave you lot living in caves .

I think you'll find "caves" is the old Roman word for Tiverton and people still live in Tiverton!
Back to top Go down

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Went to the "Stade da sid" in 1977 on the train for a league cup tie, two two draw they had three penalties the ref a total wanker, 5ooo argo beys behind the goal,in the "cowshed, " a few hundred exeter anoraks shouting out rude names while hiding behind masses of old bill, happy days, drunken
Back to top Go down

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:53 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

I think you'll find "caves" is the old Roman word for Tiverton and people still live in Tiverton!

You can't really call it 'living' though.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:16 pm

There was a time I could have taken the Billy Big Bollox but from the home of "Forza Verde" and with the Porkine one in the Directors Box................................

Nah ! Nothing to see here except maybe the revelation that a GAWS win would be considered "giant killing".
Back to top Go down

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

as a tivertonian(i dont normally let on), may i just say we do not live,just exist.the caves are still here though
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Meh.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Derby day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derby day   Derby day EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 pm

I'll be there, praying Fletch has gone by then though pale