Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:06 pm

We are fuvking shite.
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Haven't caught up with the scores yet, shite eh? I take it we were battered 4 or 5 nil?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:31 pm

We should have won.
Defensive frailties cost us again, same as on Wedenesday.
Gillingham, for a team that are well top, were feckin shite.
Dewdney's was gorgeous.
Cracking srtike by Young.
The pissyarsed Cider they charge £3 for, is digusting.
I'm very very drunk....... drunken

Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:50 pm

So another late goal costs us dear, conceding late goals and losing to lower league opposition are specialties to Argyle...yes we played slightly better then normal, but at the end of the day we have got nowhere.
I suppose Fletch gets to play at being a football manager for a wee while now until our next barren run....play shite for 5 or 6 games have a half decent run for 2 to 3 games then shite for another 5 or 6 games and so this heinous cycle continues.
WAKE ME UP WHEN THIS NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:54 pm

A decent game, and a deserved point. One caveat being that salsa verde started to sing 'Theres only one Carl Fletcher'. Less than a minute later , it was 2-2. Frankly, anybody singing that shite got what they deserved. I've not seen a mention of us having to clear one off the line in the last seconds of the game either. I'm starting to despise Fletch. That point probably guarantees him another six weeks though. It was a decent performance. No argument from me on that. The problem is that the good games are the exception, not the rule. The one step forward, two steps back analogy is the exact one I'd have used as well. The quicker he goes the better.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:16 pm

Agreed. Today means clueless will continue to hang on until at least the new year. That one scraped point today will certainly cost us many more over the next couple of months. If brent ever gets around to sacking this useless **** it will be when it's far too late. As for the forza merde herberts they probably recieved orders from the directors box to chant that shit.

CLUELESS OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:53 am

I see the troops were rallied in the Devonport End with chants of ''one Carl Fletcher'' and ''Fletcher give us a wave'' etc-etc - ''yeah,right''.

What were they doing,trying to quash the anti-Fletcher feelings that are growing ever louder..

Gillingham look a decent side and are worthy of top spot,although i feel Argyle should have won this game,but they simply can't hold on for that victory.

It was a much better showing from Argyle than that of Wednesday night Vs Burton Albion.

Surprised at the size of the crowd to be honest. Gillingham's support was terrible for a team doing so well at the top.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:01 am

didnt realise the shot was cleared off the line in last seconds affraid

couldnt quite see that from the family end.

3 points so very nearly ended up being none.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:21 am

Not much to add. Other than to say Carl Fletcher must be a tactical genuis. The lineup when anoounced was generally greeted with bemusement and WTF. He seems to have a scatter gun plan to team selection (and if you look at greensonscreen there is no settled 'first' team). Loanee Scott Griffiths on the bench so just wasting money there. If he isn't good enough now why was he deemed good enough when he was signed on loan. Anyone take a look or two at him beforehand. Madjo dropped to the bench as well. MacDonald undestandably not around. So maybe the starting 11 played because they are the ones that will have to get us through December.

As for the other Griffiths he looks like one who is going to split opinion. I thought he was fairly useless. Others around me thought he did well. If doing well means having no control and being endlessly bullied off the ball then I agree with them.

All about opinions and I liked the look of Lowry. But I do like a player who goes about his job simply, efficiently and effectively which i think he did.

Gillngham didn't look like League leaders, or did we just make them not like League leaders, but they kept pushing for each equaliser and I'm fairly sure they had a shot cleared off the line near the end but not seen it mentioned elsewhere so I might have got that wrong with my dodgy eyesight.

Overall we were better without being good, though I have to bow to those who thought it was seemingly world beating. I still just don't get Fletcher. He doesn't inspire confidence (or simply just inspire) in any shape or form. As I said at start he's either a tactical genius or not. There is simply nothing in between though two extremes though.

If his learning his trade he's ballsing it up more often than not. And for every promising performance there is 5 times more not good enough.

As for the Fanfest it was ok. Groups are firmly cemented seemingly down to where they always sit to it's a little bit, naturally I suppose, of an in crowd. I was there with my dad and a couple of his friends so it was enjoyable enough.

If you want something to do before the game other than wandering through the park with a Dewdneys and going straight to your seat then it might be something for you. I'd be more interested and more prepared for the game if they opened an absinthe bar or a decent coffee (it's my medicine) shop in the ground.

Only other thing of note was an appearance by Nikkkkkk which seem to make a good few people there moist. That said he has put more money into Argyle and its various fundraising schemes than James Brent so staff and director box occupiers have alot to be grateful to him for. Whether coming out of the shadows is a prelude of more hands on involvement remains to be seen. A merchant banker and money lender being in chare would square some kind of circle.

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:35 am

I thought we played very well, a good passing attacking game and slightly unlucky with their second goal which I felt sure was a foul on Hourihane. Very happy with that performance. Doesn't change the fact that it was in the midst of a sea of rubbish though. A change still needs to be made.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:36 am

Last night a friend of mine said he was impressed we took a point and scored two goals against Gillingham.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Dougie wrote:
Not much to add. Other than to say Carl Fletcher must be a tactical genuis. The lineup when anoounced was generally greeted with bemusement and WTF. He seems to have a scatter gun plan to team selection (and if you look at greensonscreen there is no settled 'first' team). Loanee Scott Griffiths on the bench so just wasting money there. If he isn't good enough now why was he deemed good enough when he was signed on loan. Anyone take a look or two at him beforehand. Madjo dropped to the bench as well. MacDonald undestandably not around. So maybe the starting 11 played because they are the ones that will have to get us through December.

As for the other Griffiths he looks like one who is going to split opinion. I thought he was fairly useless. Others around me thought he did well. If doing well means having no control and being endlessly bullied off the ball then I agree with them.

All about opinions and I liked the look of Lowry. But I do like a player who goes about his job simply, efficiently and effectively which i think he did.

Gillngham didn't look like League leaders, or did we just make them not like League leaders, but they kept pushing for each equaliser and I'm fairly sure they had a shot cleared off the line near the end but not seen it mentioned elsewhere so I might have got that wrong with my dodgy eyesight.

Overall we were better without being good, though I have to bow to those who thought it was seemingly world beating. I still just don't get Fletcher. He doesn't inspire confidence (or simply just inspire) in any shape or form. As I said at start he's either a tactical genius or not. There is simply nothing in between though two extremes though.

If his learning his trade he's ballsing it up more often than not. And for every promising performance there is 5 times more not good enough.

As for the Fanfest it was ok. Groups are firmly cemented seemingly down to where they always sit to it's a little bit, naturally I suppose, of an in crowd. I was there with my dad and a couple of his friends so it was enjoyable enough.

If you want something to do before the game other than wandering through the park with a Dewdneys and going straight to your seat then it might be something for you. I'd be more interested and more prepared for the game if they opened an absinthe bar or a decent coffee (it's my medicine) shop in the ground.

Only other thing of note was an appearance by Nikkkkkk which seem to make a good few people there moist. That said he has put more money into Argyle and its various fundraising schemes than James Brent so staff and director box occupiers have alot to be grateful to him for. Whether coming out of the shadows is a prelude of more hands on involvement remains to be seen. A merchant banker and money lender being in chare would square some kind of circle.

I disagree,Gillingham were probably aware that Argyle would raise the game yesterday and probably came for a point at best,or are glad they got a point.

They showed some nice touches in phases
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:00 pm

I don't think any team that are walking the league, would come to a team in 19th place who've lost their last 3 on the bounce, and be looking come away with a draw.

Gillingham didn't look anything like a team who are breezing this league. They obviously had a well below par day, because there's no way they could perform like that every week and be hammering teams, like they have been.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:19 pm

I remember well Holloway's Leicester give CCC champions elect West Brom a 3 - 0 drubbing at home .... meant nothing ... they still got relegated a couple of months later.
As many have said, consistency is where it's at, and we're not at the races in those stakes. The giving away of stupid goals is THE thing that no Argyle side over the last 5 years has been able to avoid, and Argyle almost lost it right at the death. A season way down near the bottom of L2 is what awaits the Home Park massive. The owner and his apologists will be happy with that whilst wolfing down a prodigious amount of food .... a huge proportion of us fans will not be happy with that and stay away. ST sales will diminsh still further next year.. crowds will be 500 to 1000 less next season.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:10 am

I see it more of 3 points dropped than i do a point gained.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:12 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
I see it more of 3 points dropped than i do a point gained.

Or 2 points dropped?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis Empty

Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis
Page 1 of 1