Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Brent left tomorrow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

If Brent left tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: If Brent left tomorrow   If Brent left tomorrow EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:15 pm

I reckon there would be a queue 100 yards long to buy the club with the development potential.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Brent left tomorrow   If Brent left tomorrow EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:26 pm

GOB wrote:

I reckon there would be a queue 100 yards long to buy the club with the development potential.
I for one will be glad when he's gone, this club is still going downwards just a matter of when not if we go non league, he might fool the superfans and the selfpromoters but i don't trust him, i will judge him on his record its the same as his manager shite!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: If Brent left tomorrow   If Brent left tomorrow EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

GOB wrote:

Problem is GOB,how many of them would be truly interested in the football side of things? It was truly the worst day in the clubs history when that accursed freehold was purchased.The wise words of the late Michael Foot have never been more valid than when the state of the club is considered today;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No hindsight,just foresight.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: If Brent left tomorrow   If Brent left tomorrow EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Hopefully "brent out!" chants at HP will be increasingly heard over forza merde as the realisation finally dawns on people what brent is really about. Obviously it will take time as Argo fans aren't the sharpest - I mean the fact we've been rooted firmly to the bottom of L2 ever since this individual took over should be some indication FFS!

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Brent left tomorrow   If Brent left tomorrow EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Greenskin wrote:
GOB wrote:

Problem is GOB,how many of them would be truly interested in the football side of things? It was truly the worst day in the clubs history when that accursed freehold was purchased.The wise words of the late Michael Foot have never been more valid than when the state of the club is considered today;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No hindsight,just foresight.

Probably none GS, but given the same development opportunities that Brent seems to have been given by PCC, I wonder if we could have found someone that was even just a hint slightly more sympathetic to our cause?

From what we've seen from Brent so far I'm not sure if it would have been possible to find a worse owner as far as PAFC is concerned, he seems the least interested owner that we have ever had.

Championship football, Brent?.....my ass!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: If Brent left tomorrow   If Brent left tomorrow EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:20 pm

If Brent left tomorrow, he'd make sure he retained all the property development potential.

You've got to remember that thanks to JB scheming, sorry business acumen, Plymouth Argyle Football Club (as oppsed to JB and all his various businesses) no longer own anything tangible that could be described as an "asset"

The Ground now belongs to PCC, the rest of the land to JB's development Company. So all that's left apart from the office furniture (and a flag or two) is the players contracts, which are best classed as a "liability" in every sense of the word.

As the majority of the "Football creditor" debt is also still outstanding from the time the club was in Administration, the football club, as a business is probably in a far worse state financially than when Stapes jetted off to Dubai- ratio of asset to liability is far, far worse.

I believe this is why Brent is now talking about crowds being below the break even figure and redundancies being on the cards- he's laying the groundwork/making excuses as to why PAFC will be yet another football club going into Administration a number of times over a few years.

Edited to add;

If the football club is failing to break even at present, there's no way that the final settlement of the football debt (Over a million quid I believe) will be paid out of revenue, and quite frankly I'd be amazed if Brent paid it himself, so Administration or even giving the football club away would allow Brent to escape this "liability"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Brent left tomorrow   If Brent left tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

If Brent left tomorrow
Page 1 of 1